Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: How do i Adjust CAMBER on my bomber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2018, 10:40 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default How do i Adjust CAMBER on my bomber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcrichbomber View Post
Anyhow... just ordered a set of NEW knuckles. Maybe Axial will hear / answer a phone or make good, since the VENDOR on eBay selling Axial products refuses to deal with it. Hopefully, even though its ultimately Axial's factory builder who messed up... the Vendor should of made good first.
Axial’s new parent company Horizon Hobby is who you should be speaking with to get product support. They have excellent customer service although sometimes depending on the time of day, there can be an extended wait time on the phone before a rep is available. I believe their system has an option to where you can input your number and they will call you back if you don’t want to wait on hold.

You said you were transferred to another company when you tried to call Axial? Were you eventually connected? I’ve had to wait thirty minutes on occasion, but any time I have ever had an issue with any brand of RC that falls under Horizon, they have always taken great care of me. Give ‘em a call (800) 338-4639

Last edited by Davey; 12-28-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2018, 07:02 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: How do i Adjust CAMBER on my bomber?

Jesus… way to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Shit happens man, simple fix nonetheless. Get over it and enjoy the rig.
Lavaheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:38 PM   #23
Hal
Quarry Creeper

It's not likely you have 2 of the same side knuckle. More likely the C-HUB is upside down. Remove the knuckle and axle using the kingpin screws. Remove 2 small screws holding CHUB on. Rotate 180 degrees (put bottom on top) replace screws and knuckle. If you look closely at CHUB you will notice the bottom sticks out more than the top. If the CHUB is upside down the wheel will be way in on the bottom. Also be careful when replacing the large knuckle bearing, it looks like it is going in crooked but it is not. The bearing should be parallel to the outer face of the knuckle, the back/inside is not parallel to outer face of the knuckle. Hope this helps
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:50 PM   #24
Hal
Quarry Creeper

By the way you can change TOE IN/OUT on most any rc by lengthening or shortening the tie rod that connects the 2 knuckles. Very simple to do by changing rod end to shorter or longer. Only need to change one side. It helps high speed stability with more toe-in and better turning with more toe-out. A little of either one makes a big difference in toe-in or out. I find it easier to use a longer rod end and shave a small amount of with a razor knife untill I get it where I want it. Good luck.
Please don't ask me how I know about the upside down chub.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:13 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
It's not likely you have 2 of the same side knuckle. More likely the C-HUB is upside down. Remove the knuckle and axle using the kingpin screws. Remove 2 small screws holding CHUB on. Rotate 180 degrees (put bottom on top) replace screws and knuckle. If you look closely at CHUB you will notice the bottom sticks out more than the top. If the CHUB is upside down the wheel will be way in on the bottom. Also be careful when replacing the large knuckle bearing, it looks like it is going in crooked but it is not. The bearing should be parallel to the outer face of the knuckle, the back/inside is not parallel to outer face of the knuckle. Hope this helps

Not in his particular case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcrichbomber View Post
I just yanked both wheels and snap a couple pics of the knuckles showing the STAMP MARKINGS #2 on both knuckles....

Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote

How do i Adjust CAMBER on my bomber? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do you adjust trim for esc's? J5races Electronics 1 02-19-2014 09:28 PM
*HELP* Can I Adjust my Cheap Radio/Receiver???? 717CRAWLERS Electronics 14 02-26-2010 07:16 PM
Speed adjust ? camobob Redcat Crawlers 2 02-26-2010 04:52 PM
adjust the slipper clutch Beerman Crawler Team Losi Comp Crawler 7 08-27-2009 12:55 PM