Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Dual motor bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2019, 08:54 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Dual motor bomber

Anybody interested in a dual 550/540 bomber? I just think it'd be really cool. And not two motors on the same transmission, but separate ones so you could set up dig and underdrive.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
MasteroFlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2019, 10:00 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Dual motor bomber

Would probably be much simpler to add a wraith trans with dig, and just change the axle gearing for OD/UD....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:31 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Interesting..... but is there room for everything involved? Using two Losi SCTE (I think that is the common scratch build TT mount of choice) motor mounts, AE/Thunder Tiger..... (you get the idea) with the motors up high, it may barely shoe horn in there. However, 2 esc, receivers..... also? How would you make it run without requiring 2 radios? Seems the electronics involved to make this happen are waaaaay above my paygrade. This a dream or a project?
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:02 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

You'd need two motors and two ESCs, but any decent modern radio with channel mixing should handle dig/overdrive/etc just fine. Stuffing everything on the skid would be the biggest hurdle for sure...

JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:43 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
Would probably be much simpler to add a wraith trans with dig, and just change the axle gearing for OD/UD....

Simpler yes, fun and impractical? No lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
Interesting..... but is there room for everything involved? Using two Losi SCTE (I think that is the common scratch build TT mount of choice) motor mounts, AE/Thunder Tiger..... (you get the idea) with the motors up high, it may barely shoe horn in there. However, 2 esc, receivers..... also? How would you make it run without requiring 2 radios? Seems the electronics involved to make this happen are waaaaay above my paygrade. This a dream or a project?
Transmission cases would be custom designed and 3d printed, and use off the shelf gears and shafts. As for electronics, yes I would need 2 ESCs, but most modern radios can do channel mixing already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
You'd need two motors and two ESCs, but any decent modern radio with channel mixing should handle dig/overdrive/etc just fine. Stuffing everything on the skid would be the biggest hurdle for sure...

Oh yes, but don't forget that most of the skid is normally taken up by the stock transmission, which is massively oversized if you never install a two speed.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:56 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Would be interesting to see another shaft drive dual motor rig like that, theres a 1.9 tube chassis rig down here (on the other side of the country though) set up similar.
Dual motor & esc with Tx throttle mixing exactly like a MOA rig, I think from memory (cos I can't find pics right now) it may be set up with 4ws also.
All of the drive features of a MOA rig, front or rear dig/burn + 0-100% OD/UD, but the look of a scale shaft drive rig, I like it.

Found link to pics
Front Dig

Last edited by altd896; 05-23-2019 at 11:00 PM.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:35 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
Would be interesting to see another shaft drive dual motor rig like that, theres a 1.9 tube chassis rig down here (on the other side of the country though) set up similar.
Dual motor & esc with Tx throttle mixing exactly like a MOA rig, I think from memory (cos I can't find pics right now) it may be set up with 4ws also.
All of the drive features of a MOA rig, front or rear dig/burn + 0-100% OD/UD, but the look of a scale shaft drive rig, I like it.

Found link to pics
Front Dig
Nice rig there, something like that is what I'm thinking of doing (thinking of, not planning it yet, got other projects on the way)

Dual motor bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual motor bomber engine mount?? "MIS-TAKEN" Axial RR10 Bomber 28 10-16-2018 08:40 AM
Scx10 dual motor dual trans beast rig Dr.Newb Axial SCX-10 0 08-02-2018 12:50 AM
Bomber dual batteries?? trascall10 Axial RR10 Bomber 19 05-28-2017 06:59 PM
Dual motor 55T with Dual esc ae-5 mad crazy torque Shan Newton Axial SCX-10 24 05-09-2017 09:44 AM
Airtronics M11 Settings for Dual Motor Dual Servo Crawlers John Hallman Electronics 7 10-07-2010 11:34 PM