Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Anyone here running a 4 link setup on the rear of your SCX10?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #21
dkf
Rock Crawler

I installed my TCS front 4-link servo mount and boomerrang rear 4-link mount last night. There was major clearence issues up front with the crossmember even with the links on the underside of the plate. So I'm not going to be using the front 4-link. Guess I'll just get an aluminum 3-link Y to bl8ing out the front. The boomerang will work fine but screw heads rub the rear crossmembers.(Links under plate) When the suspension is compressed straight but with either wheel in the air and one on the ground it doesn't hit. I'm going to countersink the plate and use flathead screws to gain extra clearence so it will work fine.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
I installed my TCS front 4-link servo mount and boomerrang rear 4-link mount last night. There was major clearence issues up front with the crossmember even with the links on the underside of the plate. So I'm not going to be using the front 4-link. Guess I'll just get an aluminum 3-link Y to bl8ing out the front. The boomerang will work fine but screw heads rub the rear crossmembers.(Links under plate) When the suspension is compressed straight but with either wheel in the air and one on the ground it doesn't hit. I'm going to countersink the plate and use flathead screws to gain extra clearence so it will work fine.
Thanks for the info.

I'm planning on a Hand Bros 3 link panhard bar + frame mounted servo setup in the front myself so I shouldn't have any issues there.
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #23
qaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
I installed my TCS front 4-link servo mount and boomerrang rear 4-link mount last night. There was major clearence issues up front with the crossmember even with the links on the underside of the plate.
Try to remove the front-most I-shaped crossmember and then flip over the next C-shaped one. Screw holes should fit

Works fine for me: http://qaw.1g.fi/kuvat/rc/P1040421.JPG
qaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #24
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaw View Post
Try to remove the front-most I-shaped crossmember and then flip over the next C-shaped one. Screw holes should fit

Works fine for me: http://qaw.1g.fi/kuvat/rc/P1040421.JPG
Good info.

I machined up an esc mount that uses the crossmember as a mount so it has to stay put. I already ordered an aluminum 3 link Y.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

I should have read this thread before buying stuff for my SCX10.

Will I be having clearance issues if I use this 4 link plate from axial (Axial Bender Customs 4-link plate)? I bought 2...for the front and rear.

http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/ax305...der_4link.html
4wdmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:50 AM   #26
dkf
Rock Crawler

I'm shure they will hit in the front and rear. After countersinking all the screw heads into my TCS boomerrang when the suspension is compressed straight down it rubs ever so slightly.(1/32" left till the shock bottoms on spacer) The axial stuff looks alot bigger than the boomerang though.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Thanks dkf. I guess I'll soon find out. I'll post the outcome when mine arrived and installed.
4wdmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
just installed the new era 4 link mount seems to work just fine
Hey Finishline, I meant to ask you, did the stock link's work with the new era mount? or did you have to change the lenght?

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB_117 View Post
Hey Finishline, I meant to ask you, did the stock link's work with the new era mount? or did you have to change the lenght?

Thanks!
you know what Big i made some delrin links for mine because i used the K5 cgr body which has a extended wheelbase, so i couldnt tell you for sure if it will work with the stock links, but i wouldnt expect it to be to hard to make them fit with different size rod ends to make up the difference. thats usally how i deal with minor resizing of links.
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Cool. Thanks man.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB_117 View Post
Cool. Thanks man.
No prob i really like this piece it works great on my rig. was up with the pics big you holdin out on us?
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
No prob i really like this piece it works great on my rig. was up with the pics big you holdin out on us?
Pics of what? My scx10? It's still in the box. I'm still collecting parts.

I'll be starting a build thread soon though.

Last edited by BigB_117; 07-01-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:10 AM   #33
RCC Addict

These work great Axial rear upper link mount. You could paint it black and still have a scale look
sddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddill View Post
These work great Axial rear upper link mount. You could paint it black and still have a scale look
Wow thanks, that looks like a sweet part. I really like the longer upper links as well.

A little flat black paint or maybe some powdercoating should give it a pretty scale look.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

I used a stock Axial 3-link truss (aluminum) to make a simple 4-link mount.

The first prototype used a rod end w/ aluminum tubing through it - way too flexy.

For the second try I machined the top of an old TLT shock to fit in the center hole of the truss (after popping out the ball end) and drilled/tapped it for a 4-40 screw. One of the black plastic bushings from the SCX10 kit press-fits in the eye of the cap, so it's the same size I.D. as the stock ball ends for proper hardware tolerance.

Assemble as shown below:

I stretched the upper links out to 124mm to fit (my wheelbase is not stock - 11 3/8")

Cheap and easy. And not too terrible looking. And ZERO flex this time. If it works ok (don't see why it won't) I'll throw a coat of flat black paint on it...

Last edited by Big Mike; 07-09-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

I jsut finished building up my scx10 and took it for its maiden voyage, I used the hand bros 3 link up front and a dinky rc 4 link out back, I did have to scavange some links from my old comp rig to make it work, but it is all good now! Love this rig!
crawler_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler_king View Post
I jsut finished building up my scx10 and took it for its maiden voyage, I used the hand bros 3 link up front and a dinky rc 4 link out back, I did have to scavange some links from my old comp rig to make it work, but it is all good now! Love this rig!
Cool That Dinky Rc mount looks pretty sweet.