Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: 1.9 K5 Blazer build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #41

I like the green and I might have to steal some of your ideas for my blazer.
theGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 06:04 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoK5Driver;2114800If you want a great site for reference of the Blazers you can look up the replacement parts at [URL="http://www.LMCtruck.com"
www.LMCtruck.com[/URL] (unless you are lucky enough to own the real deal like myself ).
Thanks, will definitely check that link out Like all my rigs, this will end up being a part scaler, part get it done so I can run it rig !

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
Blazer looks badazz with the new wheels and tires on it, Chris
I think you're gonna love those Rok Lox tires. Got 'em on my Bronco and they are the best tires I've used to date Ran it last weekend and even with the tires plugged with mud and snow, they still did great....
Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about them. I've got a set of 2.2s for my upcoming 2.2 build. Just trying to figure out a good foam set-up for these. Haven't tried them on the trail at all yet, but I hear sidewall support is a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGman View Post
I like the green and I might have to steal some of your ideas for my blazer.
All the best ideas are stolen ones :-P! Being able to use other builds for figuring out what to do on your own is part of the reason to post build threads. Always easier if you can use a tip someone else has posted rather than scratching your head for a few days !
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

i have a question you may have already answered but, did you have to modify anything for your body to fit? im looking to get a axial scx10 tr and want a chevy body like that. i drive a suburban so i know i cant get a burb body that will look scale, so a blazer will do lol. just wondering if ill have to do anything special?
88gmchog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

The blazers wheelbase is a little shorter than the scx10. It looks ok without mods, but to be ideal you would have to shorten either the front or back then fit the body on before drilling holes. So its up to you if you want to do it or not. It's not a terrible fit, maybe an inch at most shorter than the scx10.
NeoK5Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #45

Awesome build ecoli.

I am out in Edmonton once every few months, next time I am out there, the beer is on me, you did an outstanding job!

I imagine you end up flipping that trailer quite a bit crawling with it, not?
DaDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gmchog View Post
i have a question you may have already answered but, did you have to modify anything for your body to fit? im looking to get a axial scx10 tr and want a chevy body like that. i drive a suburban so i know i cant get a burb body that will look scale, so a blazer will do lol. just wondering if ill have to do anything special?
As noted above, it's a bit shorter than the SCX body. Fortunately for me, I had this rig from before with a Pacer body on it, which had the same wheelbase. Previous owner had already gone through the work to shorten up the wheelbase. I just plopped the new body on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDelta View Post
Awesome build ecoli.

I am out in Edmonton once every few months, next time I am out there, the beer is on me, you did an outstanding job!

I imagine you end up flipping that trailer quite a bit crawling with it, not?
I'll keep that beer in mind

I've only run it the one time with the trailer, and didn't have any problems with flipping it. When the truck flipped the one time, the trailer actually popped off the hitch and just stopped right in its tracks. The truck rolled a few times, but no real damage.

The trailer does love to jack-knife when backing up though.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote