Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you like my rig?
Badass 3 14.29%
Noiceee 15 71.43%
Crap 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: My Scx 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #201
Rock Stacker

Dingotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #202
Rock Stacker

i dont know what to do. i got the body on but the front frame sticks out about 1/2 or 9/16 longer then the body, the back is actually 1/4 longer, the body is longer in back, but its the only way i could fit it right , i'll have to cut it when 2.2s get here anyway,
Old 04-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #203
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderbirdJunkie View Post
Whattya want? PM me

????
Old 04-07-2011, 02:41 AM   #204
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingotron View Post
????
I was asking what you want for the truck, but if you're keeping it, nevermind
ThunderbirdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:55 AM   #205
Rock Stacker

well if the price is right i'll sell it. i have about 130.00 into it. its also got a new ESC, i wasnt sure how much i was gonna sell it for. i just had offers. someone offered me 350.00, it would need a few things if you want it to look nice. like a new battery box only cause where the screws hold it are split and the trans mount screws stripped out, but i put fatter screws in it and it works fine, only thing is that they a lil to long, the truck runs find, i got a 55t crawler motor, a 15t racing HPI motor, 20t pinion 17t and 10 pinions, water proof traxxax reicever box, alxes and trans are packed full of grease, really does help keep the water out, even after runs i still repack them, just to make sure, i got extra new [plastic steering botton links, for it, and it does have a new light wiring system, from Axial for it that i took off as soon as it came in. Aluminum drive shafts, alumnium front steering links. bumpers, everythings there, expect the fender flares for the dingo body, the dingo body is jack up tho..
Old 04-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #206
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I would say if u have the fender flares from the dingo body, mount those on the sides trim up the wheel wells, and move the body forward till it fits. with trimming the wheel wells u can extend the wheel base, and those fenders work pretty well with helping extend that. just a though. or you can make it a truggy and cut the body in half, drop the front, and re make the bed of the truck ot something
Colorofkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #207
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorofkris View Post
I would say if u have the fender flares from the dingo body, mount those on the sides trim up the wheel wells, and move the body forward till it fits. with trimming the wheel wells u can extend the wheel base, and those fenders work pretty well with helping extend that. just a though. or you can make it a truggy and cut the body in half, drop the front, and re make the bed of the truck ot something
yea i could do that, but i dont really wanna cut the body. and the fender flares from the dingo are being sold on ebay right now LOL my 2.2q well get here soon, im actually thinking about taking that 1/2 inch off the frame, but you gave me some nice ideas...
Old 04-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #208
Rock Crawler

Quote:
yea i could do that, but i dont really wanna cut the body. and the fender flares from the dingo are being sold on ebay right now LOL my 2.2q well get here soon, im actually thinking about taking that 1/2 inch off the frame, but you gave me some nice ideas...
Welcome, Just sayin I think it would look nice, plus u could drop the body, Fit the 2.2's no prob, cause ur gonna have to shorten the links to fit anyways or it may look a little weird. But we shall wait an see, Im looking forward to seein how it works. I like the body though
Old 04-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #209
Rock Crawler

My jeep unlimited body. Yellow or white? If its white, i paint the dingo yellow or vice versa. I need ta know nowwww!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #210
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorofkris View Post
my jeep unlimited body. Yellow or white? If its white, i paint the dingo yellow or vice versa. I need ta know nowwww!!!
white jeep
RCTRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #211
Rock Crawler

3 of my 6 packages r in. gotta pick um up tomorrow morning! So excited, cant wait to see how this builds gonna turn up!!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:45 AM   #212
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTRUX View Post
white jeep
x2. Yellow Jeep Wranglers are for high school girls.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:44 AM   #213
Rock Crawler

Quote:
x2. Yellow Jeep Wranglers are for high school girls.
lol, u have talked me into it. Im goin white an black jeep and the yellow camel trophy defender body (using the dingo)
Old 04-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #214
Rock Crawler

Ok got 3 of 4 paints in, Im goin white an lack on the jeep. The yellow isnt what I wanted, It looks like mustard.... no bueno. I also got my 55t axial motor in. Along with that all my proline accessory packs, the proline light bar, and one of the roof racks (the monster truck 4x6 one), still waiting on the crawler rack, translucent black paint, and the jeep body. So excited. Pics up soon of wut I got. Im going to cover this build hard core. Im thinkin about creating a separate forum for this one, maybe like scx10..part 2?? idk. wut does every one think?
Old 04-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #215
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorofkris View Post
lol, u have talked me into it. Im goin white an black jeep and the yellow camel trophy defender body (using the dingo)
YES
Old 04-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #216
Rock Crawler

Quote:
YES
lmfao!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #217
Rock Stacker

Hey guys im back, as you know im parting out my dingo, i sold the axles for 60.00 and everything else is still at Auction! but im getting the same truck and it has traxxax XL-5 esc and reciever box and winch and roof rack, i just had to keepo my tires 1.9 and 2.2 for it.

Heres the thing, I bought thr Traxxax VXL-3 water proof system and called traxxax and they said they dont recommend submerging it in water, well thats the whole point of me buying it.. i wanna run under water with out having problems. but yet theres people on u tube that do it and dont have a problem

Any concerns or ?? i need to know? oh and when the truck gets here i'll post pics.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #218

Quote:

Ok i figured out how i could lengthen the wheel base and this is how i found how to do it with only what i had, and the water proofing silcone job.LOLL all water proof

Is your method durable?, thinking about doing the same.
danielk181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #219
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk181 View Post
Is your method durable?, thinking about doing the same.
Hi what meathod are you referring to? you didnt specifiy?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #220

Quote:
Hi what meathod are you referring to? you didnt specifiy?
ahh sory...

i was refering to repositioning the front links, i mean, the place where the lower links hold doesn't seem very solid.
danielk181 is offline   Reply With Quote