Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you like my rig?
Badass 3 14.29%
Noiceee 15 71.43%
Crap 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: My Scx 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingotron View Post
what a nice rig, Im having problems with my scx10 could anybody help me with it? the ESC continues to blink green, the receiver will pair to the controller, but nothing is active! it will not move or steer, ugh!

Im new to the scx10 crawler series, i have the orignal electrtonics. 27t motor. and esc. anything will be a big help..!!!!!

Thank you, this is my first as well, only had it 3 months. Honestly Idk wut to tell you, maybe unplug it all an reset it. Tinker around or contact axial an see if they can fix it under warranty.
Colorofkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #102

Quote:
what a nice rig, Im having problems with my scx10 could anybody help me with it? the ESC continues to blink green, the receiver will pair to the controller, but nothing is active! it will not move or steer, ugh!

Im new to the scx10 crawler series, i have the orignal electrtonics. 27t motor. and esc. anything will be a big help..!!!!!
it sounds like theres something wrong with the reciver to me even if its paring up there might still be something wrong with it try googling it and see what u come up with..
wrx026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

Ordered the new front drive train. Got the head lockers for it to so hopefully they wont ever be a problem again!!! So hopefully by next week I will be back on the rocks! Cant wait
Old 03-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Put the fender flares from the dino body on the lr3, i think it looks good yet not at the same time. Idk, have to wait an see Imma get pics in a bit. I will say though it is to late to take them off i poke holes in the body and cut the body to fit then :/ so if it doesnt work out it will be time to retire the lr3 body.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up

Let me know what you think!!!!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

Reconsidering my halo build. I might make it pure classy defender.

Should I stick with the halo or go defender straight up?

or
Old 03-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #107
Quarry Creeper

Defender all the way!
VintageCopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageCopal View Post
Defender all the way!
I like the way you think
Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

Got my drive shaft fixed today, and the protector as well. pics later. The fenders are on an im really likin the way they look. Took the rig crawlin today and it was good, just need to weight down the front again, to bad the battery didnt fint.... :( gonna look at gettin the proline wheel weights. Also got it a tid bit wet, not wet wet but just a little, not ready to test that waterproofing job just yet. Had alotta fun though! Gonna take it out again in a few days, ill try to get some good pics.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #110
Pebble Pounder

very nice, i just got into it as well been doin it for almost 5 months but just started doin it perrty much every day, you should check out my oshkosh m-atv build!!
OshKosh M-atv scale build
scx10rtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:21 AM   #111
Rock Stacker

looks good, i think you should lift the front bumper up or something, just for clearence, i have the same dingo. i wanna lift mine, and run 2.2s i took it mudding and boy did it show the mud whos boss.
Dingotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:23 AM   #112
Rock Stacker

oh and im new to this to..
Old 03-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

Lol I would bet it would, Im still scared to test out my water proofing job. However today I got it a little wet. Im thinkin about lifting a little bit, but the clearence has actuially been really good, Ive been been lookin at weighing the wheeels right now, its so top heavy since I mopved the battery back. Thats my next task. Thank you guys though!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Quote:
oh and im new to this to..
So far llokin soo good
Old 03-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

So yesterday I had a pretty hardcore day trailing around the apartments here. Came to the conclusion that I needed wwights asap on the front. Went to walmart today an got some temporary weights (sinkers, 3 oz each) put 2 on the front of the chasis. Due to ahardcore rain storm I cant test them out. atop of that my favorite place to crawl (nearly the only place) is underwater now because it was a drainage ditch next to a lake that they blocked up with rocks. Anywaaays. Upon these travels yesterday I happened to have rolled quite a few times due to the unbalance of weight (thanks axial for the back mount of the battery....genuis), the losses were terrible. I lost my tow ropes ( :( ) a bucket light, a mirror, and an led light on the back...so now i have no working tail lights :(

Old 03-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #116
Rock Crawler

So today Im going to attempt to get plastic dip and re- water proof the ESC, and as well do the ballon around the electrics. the box that i had installed is just to big, and to anoying. We shall see what happens, on top of that I might go crawling later, see if the weather holds up
Old 03-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #117
Rock Crawler

Got the plastic dip, gonna work on that tomorrow. Ho rah. Gonna look at getting some new leds in a few weeks, and fixin up some of the electronics. Im looking at getting a new motor (brushed) so it can get a little wet. What would be the best motor (realativly cheap too)? also when it comes to turns like te 55t and stuff which would be best? I want something with a realitvely easy to control slow wheeel speed. any advice?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:08 PM   #118
Rock Crawler

Very eventful day..

Got my ESC all done in plastic dip. Along with that I have my original setup going again, battery up front, and everything. I have all my electrics wrapped up in a balloon all water proofed. Looking into another motor (35t) and also new tail lights. I am going to re think my roof rack setup, and start working on my defender body again, I think Im going to go classy land rover defender.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

loose the front bumper and drill the Axial lights into the front of the LR3 and the fog lights. pick up some of those plugs for when you pull the body... Looks fabulous!

EDIT: derp, you already did it. Sorry bud, looks even better
SinCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #120
Rock Stacker

Default m.

yea i agree , i wouldnt use those bumpers anymore, they might affect your crawling and get hung up faster, o and yea i figured m problem out , turns out the ESC plugs have to face a curtin direction on the reieciver, i called axial and with in 10 seconds it was moving again.. anyway your truck does look awome, i jus finally got my steering metal links on today i had to order new metal drive shafts because i put a 15t racing motor on it with a 20 t pinion and with in 2 days it snapped both drive lines. plastic ones.LOL