Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: scx10 jeep comanche

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #21

Default Finally got it running again

Well it has been a while since I have done any work on the comanche. I have been busy the past few months. But anyway here are some pics of the new improved truck. I put a rc4wd 35T motor in it , some integy 118mm shock , a handy bros steering kit , and added 6 oz. weight to the front and rear tires. I also got the floor pan in and put a traxxas vxl-3s waterproof esc in it.
I have the interior from team3six , I just need to figure out how to fit it and all my electronics together and still keep the electronics waterproofed.

Here are some pics of her in action. This thing is a beast!!!!!!

pwarren1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #22

Hey cool Truck i did the same thing with the shocks but put my Tmaxx piggbacks on haha looked silly i just ordered a set of HR internal spring shocks 120mm - should be dec, it is a crawler shock so it will have the softness i need comes with 3 sets of soft med an stiff springs.. ebay must love! 16 dollars for a set of 2 but who only buys 2
throttle.wide.open is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Nice rig man!
I really like the Commanche and Cherokee bodies from ProLine!
I recently picked up the XJ (Cherokee) body for my rig.
Check out the pic below... You can see the shocks I used which are
RC4WD 110mm scale shocks... They give it a perfect ride height and work awesome!

Keep up the good work and keep us up to date!!
209SCXCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #24

Default Made a few more upgrades

Got an aluminum links kit , a winch , and a dh fab. front bumper. here are a few pics and a video of my testing on some firewood. I am really surprised at the difference all these mods have made in the way this truck performs. I kinda wish I would have bought the kit version of the honcho to start with since I have basically scrapped the rtr version. Oh well though I have learned so much over the last six months building this truck , and I am sure I will find some more to do to it still. Thanks for all the help from everyone this site has been a lifesaver , I wouldn't have even known where to start without it. Now I just need everyone around casper to stop ***** footin around so I can kick some ass at a scale ttc event.

Sorry couldn't get the video on here but this is a link to it at photobucket
http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/...t=100_0152.mp4

Last edited by pwarren1515; 08-16-2011 at 12:48 AM.
pwarren1515 is offline   Reply With Quote