Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: A strange issue.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #1

Unhappy A strange issue.

This has had me scratching my head for quite some time now. I've had an issue for around 2 weeks now where my receiver randomly unbinds from my radio. Running the stock 2.4 GHz Ax-3 remote with the Ar-3 receiver. About two weeks ago I had the truck on my lap just oiling up the bearings and what not. Holding at about 1/4 throttle, as Im oiling, the whole truck just cuts out. There's still power to the lights and the truck because I can hear the ESC beeping as if its waiting for the radio to be turned on. However when I turn on my radio, nothing happens. So I went to re-bind the remote to the receiver and nothing, putting the bind plug into the CH3 slot I cant even get the receiver to go into 'seek' mode. The strangest thing is it only happens at my house. I ended up taking it to a friends house around a week ago and it just worked flawlessly making me a total liar. Ive done everything short of calling Axial support and finding out what the hell is wrong with this thing and if that happens and doesn't solve anything there will be an ad posted up for an Axial SCX10 Dingo. I'm about sick of this crap happening to me at this point. Curious as to what other 2.4GHz devices could interfere with my truck, i wouldn't think they would however anyone's input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance
92xjlaredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: A strange issue.

Well if that's the worst of your issues please let me know when you are getting rid of it. I'll take it, the rig is well worth upgrading the rx/tx and enjoying the hell out of it but good luck with your issue. Def seems like something in your house or close to you is interfering with your rig since it works flawlessly at your friends house.

Bring it to your friends house. Keep and make sure it's binded, bring home and see what happens or even start to run it clos to the house and see what happens as you get closer. See if you can narrow down exactly where the interference is coming from.
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Those symptoms sound exactly like a flat battery in the car. In this case Im guessing its not as you probably checked this but if this had not happened and you were out on the trail and the battery ran down, your car would behave in this way, lights on, steering still working but no or intermittent drive.

Worth a check?
northernerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Had this happen before with my last one and it had broken wires from the zip ties that were placed on it from the factory. removed some of the wiring the had been zip tied and re soldered the wires to the esc and it fixed the problem.
JasonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernerbill View Post
Those symptoms sound exactly like a flat battery in the car. In this case Im guessing its not as you probably checked this but if this had not happened and you were out on the trail and the battery ran down, your car would behave in this way, lights on, steering still working but no or intermittent drive.

Worth a check?
battery is less than a month old and was freshly charged 10 minutes prior to this happening. also total loss of steering, and throttle.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Stock axial speed control?
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reacon View Post
Had this happen before with my last one and it had broken wires from the zip ties that were placed on it from the factory. removed some of the wiring the had been zip tied and re soldered the wires to the esc and it fixed the problem.
have inspected all wires on the entire truck, no broken or worn down wires at all. the whole truck is less than 2 months old.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomRS10 View Post
Stock axial speed control?
tis.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

When I HAD an Ax3 my iPhone 3 and 4 would interfere with it.
I ended up giving it away and letting my 6yr old use my extra 3R.
No more issues.
Twisted Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
have inspected all wires on the entire truck, no broken or worn down wires at all. the whole truck is less than 2 months old.

Mine didn't show any sign of breakage when it happened to my esc. I found it by wiggling the wires and having my daughter give it throttle on the remote.
JasonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Have you washed it or had it in water. Mine did that a handful of times untill it stopped working all together.... The esc was dAmp.
carried away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by carried away View Post
Have you washed it or had it in water. Mine did that a handful of times untill it stopped working all together.... The esc was dAmp.
im thinking thats what happened, it has been wet a few times now...not like soaked but condensation +1....time for a new one i suppose :/

A strange issue. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
strange issue - MMP + Futaba T3PL jhirte Electronics 12 12-29-2011 08:01 PM
Strange issue with my Astro Blinky.. Or is it my MaxAmps? dreadshawn Electronics 3 01-02-2011 08:32 AM
Very strange motor/axle issue markturbo Tamiya Clod Buster 4 10-08-2008 04:54 PM
Strange Electrical Issue JeremyH Electronics 8 07-04-2008 06:45 AM