Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My New Dingo...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My New Dingo...

Just ordered me a RTR dingo. It is the upgraded one with the 2.4 remote. I picked it up for 259 shipped off ebay!!! I can't wait to go bash this thing!! I have a few upgrades I would like to do. I have a few questions...
I want to go 2.2 tires/wheels this list look complete? I want to keep the factory flares if possible.
-2.2 wheels
-2.2 bead lock rims
-110 or 120 mm shocks
On the subject of batteries, what plug comes factory? I want loong run time. Im hoping a hour. I am confused about lipos, what can I run factory?
I think 2s 7.4v 5000mAh. do I need a cut off or something? would I be better of with just sticking with nihm?
I plan to upgrade as I need to or want to. whatever comes first! thanks and before I get the search bash, Ive been reading for 2 days. I just want to confirm.
jshull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: My New Dingo...

If it has the AE-2 ESC I know it has the Lipo cutoff. I run a AE-1 on one rig with Lipos, but I have no idea if it has a cutoff or not. I run 2S 1300's on all my rigs, and they are good for at least an hour of trail riding. You can go bigger, it will last a long time, but I never have had the need. As far as the battery connector it comes with, I have no idea, I just put Deans Ultras on all mine... I'm sure someone can tell you what it comes with, there are a ton of those SCX's around. If you need help swapping the plugs, one of the local guys can help you out, its not a big deal.
schiesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

i run a nimh battery in mine yes its not lipo and its long but its good enough for me and the battery connection are tamiyra or how ever you spell it. other people on told me that i can run lipo with everything stock but i like what i got. and i know that i had to cut the flares with factory 1.9 wheels. but i plan on running the 120mm and 2.2 tires. but overall i like the kit and the factory tires are good even with mud on them, and even on wet rocks.
notmanywords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Its got the 2.4Ghz remote so I am 99% sure it has the AE-2 ESC. So with a 2s 1300 you get a hour of run? I cant imagine what a 5000 would get me? what kinda charger should I pick up?
Old 01-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

the tamiyra is what all my batteries are now, that means I can run it now until I can invest in lipos/charger ect.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I know very little about the chargers that are out there. I think several guys around here like one from Hobbyking if you are on a budget. I have a MRC Super Brain 992 palm and like it a lot. It does NiMH, 1-4 cell lipo, and several others so it handles everything I have or might need. I can even adjust the rate down for my little 325 mah lipos.
schiesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshull View Post
Just ordered me a RTR dingo. It is the upgraded one with the 2.4 remote. I picked it up for 259 shipped off ebay!!! I can't wait to go bash this thing!! I have a few upgrades I would like to do. I have a few questions...
I want to go 2.2 tires/wheels this list look complete? I want to keep the factory flares if possible.
-2.2 wheels
-2.2 bead lock rims
-110 or 120 mm shocks
On the subject of batteries, what plug comes factory? I want loong run time. Im hoping a hour. I am confused about lipos, what can I run factory?
I think 2s 7.4v 5000mAh. do I need a cut off or something? would I be better of with just sticking with nihm?
I plan to upgrade as I need to or want to. whatever comes first! thanks and before I get the search bash, Ive been reading for 2 days. I just want to confirm.
Personally, I would skip the 2.2s and looooooong shocks all together. People ditched the 120mm shock on the comp rigs as they were to long. Some of the large 1.9s are close to the smaller 2.2s in size.

As for plugs, I think the kit comes w/ old school Tamiya plugs. I would switch everthing over to Deans (most common plugs in use) or the newer EC5 plugs(just switched all of my equipment over).

A 2S 5000 pack will give you way over an hour of run time. You can pick up lipos and chargers really inexpensively.

If you have any questions or need any help, just shoot me a PM and I'll be more than happy to help you out.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

good deal on the charger right now we are using a old wall charger. it works but takes like 4 hours to charge a bettery. Charger is definatly next on the list. I just want to stay under 100 bux.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

This is the charger I and a few other use.

Thunder AC6 Smart LiPo Balance Charger/Discharger w/ AC Adapter for 1-6 Lipo/ 1-15 Nimh + USB to PC Software

Very inexpensive and works so well I sold my expensive Hyperion charger.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
This is the charger I and a few other use.

Thunder AC6 Smart LiPo Balance Charger/Discharger w/ AC Adapter for 1-6 Lipo/ 1-15 Nimh + USB to PC Software

Very inexpensive and works so well I sold my expensive Hyperion charger.
thats funny, I just came back to ask about that one. this battery look like a good one or should go differnt?
Old 01-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
Scale Detail Engineering

If you run 2.2's on the Dingo, I think you'll need to trim the body/flairs. Personally, I like 2.2's more than 1.9's... my body is more 1/8th scale so they fit pretty good and perform way better than 1.9's... IMHO.
What tire are you thinking about?
I can't say enough about Pit Bulls. They don't look as scale as RC4WD's 2.2's but the performance is top notch.

The stock shocks work great... put that money into your servo or something.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

for now Im going to run stock, I thought about going with 1.9 baja claws or boggers. If I go 2.2 rok lox or tsl's. Im ready to rip with this thing.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #13
Scale Detail Engineering

Proline TSL's over the Rok Lox... and Pit Bull XOR's over both.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

It's just gonna depend on what you like the look of as to what you go with, all these guys have made great points on thier opinions andoptions, but just do what YOU want and you will come out alot happier in the end, but post picks of your upgrades because we ALL love pics!
The-Blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #15
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Blacksheep View Post
do what YOU want and you will come out alot happier in the end, but post picks of your upgrades because we ALL love pics!
true that
Old 01-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

The truth aint it, thats what this is about experiments and doin it your way if your way doesnt work, well then copy someone else!
The-Blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I agree with DEZ . After some scal'in today.........2.2's are on the bench and the 1.9ers went back on......my Honcho that is. My son (He's 6) just loves the Monster-Truck big-tire look on his Dingo but they performed poorly on side-hills and steeper stuff on both trucks. The CG was just too high.
I'm going to dink with his some more and try to get more weight down low but I don't think it will ever get low-enough. I guess it depends on your terrian.
ridepate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

im pretty sure Im going to stick with 1.9's have not given alot of thought to tires yet. I AM ABOUT to go nuts with batterys though!!! jesus pete the is a lot of info out there, I was about to pull the trigger on 2s 20c 5000 lipos, then got to reading about fires, explosions ect....wtf is that all about? I want long run timd, but dont wanna blow my house or truck up in the mean time....
Old 01-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshull View Post
im pretty sure Im going to stick with 1.9's have not given alot of thought to tires yet. I AM ABOUT to go nuts with batterys though!!! jesus pete the is a lot of info out there, I was about to pull the trigger on 2s 20c 5000 lipos, then got to reading about fires, explosions ect....wtf is that all about? I want long run timd, but dont wanna blow my house or truck up in the mean time....
I just run the old stick-pack NiMh's. They run long-enough for us. Yes, the LiPos need a little more caution, no doubt.
ridepate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridepate View Post
I just run the old stick-pack NiMh's. They run long-enough for us. Yes, the LiPos need a little more caution, no doubt.
what size NiMh's? whats your run time?

My New Dingo... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Dingo 91Bluestreak Axial SCX-10 14 12-26-2011 05:44 PM
just got a Dingo :) George014 Axial SCX-10 7 12-18-2011 02:43 AM
My Dingo Blaine Axial SCX-10 46 12-03-2011 03:54 PM
Just got a new Tr Dingo germanauto Axial SCX-10 3 12-29-2010 03:14 PM