Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: What to do next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default What to do next?

When I bought my kit I set aside enough to get me rolling and a little more. Now it's going to be a piece by piece build as the money comes in. With what I already have done I'm wondering what would be the next step to take and the best brand and place for price.
Here's the list of what I have now
Axial scx10 honcho kit
Proline floor pan
Integy 55t brushed motor
Novak rooster crawler esc
Axial simple led system
Jun fak drive shafts
Venom lower links front and rear
Custom cms
Tough armor front bumper and rock sliders
Proline powerstroke scaler shocks front and rear

That's where I'm at right now. I'm gonna be working on a different body for it to match my 01 Dodge ram out of 2 other bodies. I'm getting the 2 mid 90'a Dodge bodies from parma pse and attaching the longies from the reg can to the extend can one. I'd really like to upload pics from my phone but I'm having issues figuring out how tried the faq section still no luck on my end, any help with that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help
Travis24vctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 02:15 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What to do next?

I use Facebook to host my pics then you just copy and paste the link in between [IMG] & [/IMG]. Sounds like a good start but I prefer 35t motors nowadays. You didn't mention what tires & wheels you'll run.

Oh and Welcome to the most addicting hobby ever
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

unfortunatly i dont have one of those, they seem to cause drama no matter what i do lol.

sorry, everything on it is stock other than what i listed. so for now im runnin the axial 8 hole beadlock wheels 2oz of weight in each with the proline flat iron tires. ive thought about getting some of the proline super swamper tsl's but i figured id use what i have now until they wear out a little bit.

when i wear out the 55t thats the one im gonna go with to get a lil more wheel speed. thanks for the welcome, it most definatly is

Last edited by Travis24vctd; 02-01-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Id take a look into doing a servo winch, much more reliable then the scale winchs. Plus its affordable.
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowninshield3 View Post
Id take a look into doing a servo winch, much more reliable then the scale winchs. Plus its affordable.
Is there a write up on how to make one? I've seen trucks that have em but haven't been able to tell how they we're mounted/made
Old 02-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Basically get a mg995 or hitec 645. Buy a robotronics servo for the brain, remove the brain of the robotronics servo and replace the board in the mg995 with it. This allows a complete 360 deg rotation with no creeping. As far as mounting, that's probably the tricky part. Everyone's rig is different. If you would like, I can post up a pic of mine that I made up.
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowninshield3 View Post
Basically get a mg995 or hitec 645. Buy a robotronics servo for the brain, remove the brain of the robotronics servo and replace the board in the mg995 with it. This allows a complete 360 deg rotation with no creeping. As far as mounting, that's probably the tricky part. Everyone's rig is different. If you would like, I can post up a pic of mine that I made up.
That would be awesome, to at least give me a starting point. Thanks I really appreciate it
Old 02-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
No idea what I'm doing

There are a few different write-ups here and there...here's one:

Axial AS-2 servo converted into winch

And another:

Scaler Tech: How to make a servo winch spool...
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Thanks C H U D that helps a lot. I have a few of those stock axial servos laying around I can do that with. Keep the ideas comin guys.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

even though your waiting for your stock tires to wear out a bit, im quite new to rc scaling also and recently bought some 1.9 Irok's and by far, it has helped more than any other single upgrade over stock configuration, just an idea!
The-Blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I've been looking at tires for a while it's been between the irok and the proline tsl super swampers. Just trying get a few hard parts done before that. Thanks for the input for sure
Old 02-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #12

The "Search" function in the toolbar at the top of the forum page can work out to be your best friend if you take the time to use it.

You can ask questions in a thread and sit and wait for an answer or two....

Or.... You can spend a few minutes searching and reading and find more answers and opinions then you will ever get starting a new thread/question..... and instant information also instead of waiting

Photo bucket is a free picture hosting site and works well for getting images posted here. Everyone loves pictures.... Keep us up to date with your build as it progresses.

Welcome to RCC!
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote