Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: DiscoII's Dingo Build, First Axial!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default DiscoII's Dingo Build, First Axial!

Hey guys i have been running a Safari Creeper for about 10 months and it's great but I have the scaler fever. So i searched and found one at a "Local" hobby shop (2 hours away) and picked it up so I wouldn't have to wait for back order. I have a tower pro MG995 servo for the front that I had lying around and an old venom 240 ESC i'll be trying. I have a new Novak terra claw motor that will be going in it and i'll be running 4200 Nimh batteries for now. Im keeping everything stock for now but will upgrade as things break or I just need to change it. Im really excited to have a scaler now and excited about all the SCX10 support around here. On to the Pics!

Here's the creeper:

Yay!!

The interior will be black and also the windshield frame.
01_DiscoII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: DiscoII's Dingo Build, First Axial!

Welcome to the Dingo club! I've built one and working on number two now. You'll love it!
juswin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Well i got in done in two nights and I freakin love this thing!! here's a couple pics from the first run.

And flexing on my buddies Creeper:
Old 09-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
RCC Addict

My bro wants to know if you like the venom creeper. thanks.
mitchr97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I really do like it. It has some problems from the factory though. I've had to replace the tx/Rx the tires the tranny gears the steering servo and job weld the diffs. It really is a good platform but it is nowhere near scale. So my goal is to make it a comp rig and have the Dingo for my scaler fever. There are other issues that guys have had with the creeper that I haven't experienced yet also. it's good for the price but I do like the way this axial kit feels compared to the creeper. Oh and also the venom hardware sucks too, just about every head has stripped out on the thing.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Hey guys was wondering if anyone has issues with the drivetrain chattering on these things? I have weighted the stock wheels but even with them off I still get a little chatter. If I pick the truck up off the ground it eventually goes away but at first the thing just shakes real bad. Everything is tight and greased up. Anybody have any ideas? Also my steering servo hits the frame and crossmember in the front? Is this typical? Is the only fix a CMS kit? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_DiscoII View Post
I really do like it. It has some problems from the factory though. I've had to replace the tx/Rx the tires the tranny gears the steering servo and job weld the diffs. It really is a good platform but it is nowhere near scale. So my goal is to make it a comp rig and have the Dingo for my scaler fever. There are other issues that guys have had with the creeper that I haven't experienced yet also. it's good for the price but I do like the way this axial kit feels compared to the creeper. Oh and also the venom hardware sucks too, just about every head has stripped out on the thing.
Thanks man your help is apreciated! And the chater maybe from your pinion angle, or it could be the driveshafts. Are they pointed to each ofther ( balanced: -o Tranny o- or unbalanced: -o tranny -o) make sure they are balanced! Good luck
Old 09-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #8

i actually posted earlyer on another thread about my servo hitting the cross member, scroll down and youlle see what i did

SCX10 Newbie
bobd80toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the help guys I'll look at the balancing deal tomorrow. I made sure the shafts themselves were lined up but didn't look at that when I hooked them up to the tranny. As for pinion angle maybe just add a little spacer where the wishbone connects to the axle? Also I do have the tranny mirrored but not flipped. So the motor is on the right not the left. Thanks again guys!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Alright guys I got the chattering issue figured out. Was a balance issue! Thanks fordrox!! Next is a CMS kit
Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Alright well its been a couple months and I have done some upgrades. I ordered a TorqueMaster Expert ESC motor combo from Holmes Hobbies with the BRXL and a 35T Expert Motor and I love it! I upgraded to 3s LiPO's too. And here are the rest of the upgrades:

Homemade CMS kit and raised the front bumper:

New 8 Hole beadlocks and Trepadors and Light Kit:

Old 12-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Looks great man! And I had the same problem with my drive shafts when I upgraded.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

looks way cool and you better go get your scale fever treated i started with a ding and have had atleast 6 rigs in the last year and im still going! looks good though!
rc kraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

nice looking Dingo
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the compliments guys! I've really been enjoying this thing and I'm already trying to figure out what to do next. I'm liking the rc4wd bumpers and rock sliders but we'll see. I did also trim the stock sliders down to look more scale and I 4 linked the rear.

DiscoII's Dingo Build, First Axial! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Dingo Build bryco13 Axial SCX-10 15 06-19-2013 07:08 PM
Need help with my Dingo build driftin2crawlin Axial SCX-10 5 04-06-2013 08:10 AM
Axial Dingo / JK Build Black Venom Axial SCX-10 97 01-20-2013 12:16 PM
Dingo Build up. mwscooters Axial SCX-10 27 10-12-2011 03:27 PM