Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Spiike's Yellow 4dr Jeep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Spiike's Yellow 4dr Jeep

Warning lots of pictures! Pretty stock truck, got a 35T rc4wd motor to start, a hs-645mg hitec servo. no esc yet. and i'm using my 4 channel traxxas remote, and putting the old 2 channel axial on the dodge later on.

Link to my dodge
Dodge Honcho aka the Doncho

Link to my old jeep
Spiike's SCX10 Jeep 4 Door (Caution Picture Heavy)

My kit finally came!

Got a defective part.

The new body vs the old body.

Got a new remote

Installing battery mount, mounts for interior, interior, body, and rear trunk.

Test fitting diamond plate on the rock rails, and rear touch armor bumper.

Installed diamond plates on the rear tough armor made by rc4wd

Here i'm making diamond plate panels for the body.

Painting the interior undercarriage.

My roommate pulled out his airbrush kit, made by testors, giving it a whirl!

Mount to hold the rear trunk area. Seperate from the interior.

Diamond plated the rock rails

using air brush to paint body, and regular brush to paint seats and dashboard. and airbrush to paint diamond plate and interior mounts.

Spiike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Spiike's Yellow 4dr Jeep

nice i love the panels are those metal? how did u mount them glue screws?
bryan_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
RCC Addict

no shortage of pics here!
it's refreshing to see a sweet lexan build. i'm tired of my hardbodies. time for a lexan build! haha

ps. THIS:

is sick. makes the bumper look like it was meant for that body
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:59 AM   #4
RCC Addict

What was up with that defective aaxle casing?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
RCC Addict

geez your still alive?? nice build btw
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

i like the diamond plate panels. how are you going to attach them to the body. be cool if you could find some tiny tiny button head screws. like off of a micro t or something. just to add to the look. cant wait to see it all done

looks like it might be time for a small lipo soon. lol give u some more room to work.

Last edited by toka100; 10-18-2012 at 09:20 AM.
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinie_21 View Post
What was up with that defective aaxle casing?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I got that in my dingo kit, had to take it to my LHS to get a replacement to build my truck! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10wannabe View Post
geez your still alive?? nice build btw
I will be here for years to come, till i get so old that i'll be buying helis and planes LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by toka100 View Post
i like the diamond plate panels. how are you going to attach them to the body. be cool if you could find some tiny tiny button head screws. like off of a micro t or something. just to add to the look. cant wait to see it all done

looks like it might be time for a small lipo soon. lol give u some more room to work.
I did attach the diamond plates already on the body. I have pictures, just haven't got to upload them yet, they are on my galaxy ace phone. anyways, I was thinking that, I was even thinking using the axial's bolts, the same ones used with building the led housing. then putting a plastic nut that would be threaded and hold the body plates on. I used a medium grade CA glue, so that future I could have them removed.

I was ordering some electricfly 2200mah 2S 20C probably 2-3, should give me 30 min to 45 min drive time, for those short trips to the front yard to play. I would like to get half a dozen of them. because they would also work for my future xr10, they are super light, super small, and should give me same runtime as my 7 cell nimhs 3600mah batt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinie_21 View Post
no shortage of pics here!
it's refreshing to see a sweet lexan build. i'm tired of my hardbodies. time for a lexan build! haha

ps. THIS:

is sick. makes the bumper look like it was meant for that body
Yes, time for my super light weight jeep build, the red hardbody is hanging up in the shop!

The bumper is a Tough armour from RC4WD i ordered them march this year, and my LHS finally got them in! so I bought it, specifically for my lexan jeep build. it looks sick. Then i took styrene diamond plate and painted them! I cut the styrene for the bumper to match the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_crawler View Post
nice i love the panels are those metal? how did u mount them glue screws?
I mounted the body panels with CA glue, I mounted the rock slider diamond plates with those LED screws, the tiny ones you use to hold the LED in the housing. i was going to do the same with the rear bumper. but used med. grade ca glue.

thanks guys i really love the constructive critisism too! I like opinions, and i don't mind ideas!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Looking great so far Spiike!

I too am a lexan body holdout...kinda. The hard bodies seem to be sooooo top heavy. The do look better out of the box, but it's more challenging to make a lexan body look good imho.

That diamond plate would look great black.
I see Sharpie marks on the flares...comp cut in it's future?
Mr.Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Joshua View Post
Looking great so far Spiike!

I too am a lexan body holdout...kinda. The hard bodies seem to be sooooo top heavy. The do look better out of the box, but it's more challenging to make a lexan body look good imho.

That diamond plate would look great black.
I see Sharpie marks on the flares...comp cut in it's future?
I'll get pictures up maybe tonight, i got stickers on, fenders are cut and painted, the diamond plate is all silver, I wish it had a more "chrome" feel. but styrene is cheap so i can always replace the stuff! so anyways, yes it is super challenging to make a lexan look scale like the hardbody. however, i'm taking the front lights and rear lights from the new bright and putting it in my pro-line. probably going to buy a good lightbar. and maybe soon oneday i'll get learning how to braze too!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Nice to see you have another jeep coming. the old one was looking a little rough. Have a 2dr going myself. here is the thread 2dr Jk
Colorofkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

as promised! shes nearly complete, was running the ae-1 ar-1 esc radio just to test out and see how the grease runs in the gears on the carpet... so far so good! now i need a tekken fxr or holmeshobby esc lol

oh also got a arb snatch block and toe shakkle which you can see part of a picture of it hanging on the rear bumper. from rc4wd, got them at the LHS before they dissappeared, and wouldn't be able to get them, ordered them in march lol

Old 10-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorofkris View Post
Nice to see you have another jeep coming. the old one was looking a little rough. Have a 2dr going myself. here is the thread 2dr Jk
oh and thank you!! yes the old 4 dr is probably going to be a wall hanger or possibly a lamp shade in the future!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #13

I like the diamond plate, please keep the pictures coming you have a very cool build. It will look great on the trail!
tigerhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:54 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

where did you got that diamond plate is it stryrene?
bryan_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhawk View Post
I like the diamond plate, please keep the pictures coming you have a very cool build. It will look great on the trail!
Thanks! and oh yeah, i've had it runnin on the carpet, just to get the grease flowing in the right corners, got the servo straight, broke the servo, fixed the servo, the sensor was broke. but i managed to have an old 645mg parts laying around. Yes the pictures will keep coming, the snow is just about here, the rig is not water proof yet. i noticed 2 little holes in the new kit wheels. i don't want to get the foams wet!

noticed there might be some spur or something because in 1 spot on the axle gear the wheels skip a little or miss a year or something, by hand i can't feel it, but when the motor turns the tires it shutters in 1 spot. i'll have to take apart the front axle and find out what is going on with those gears. that and the defective axle housing, i'm not impressed with axials new kit.... other than that the rig is running, just need a new good tekken fxr or holmes hobby esc is the plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_crawler View Post
where did you got that diamond plate is it stryrene?
yes
Old 10-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

nice jk, one of best looking 4 door prolines (apart from mine of course) lol

we need some outdoor pics.....

Last edited by pobrockcrawler; 10-26-2012 at 10:31 AM.
pobrockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

i love my old red jeep, but it was newbright and too heavy, and nice red. it might be a project one day, doubt it, was thinking of turning it into a lamp shade

however, might need to wait till the snow melts, I doubt I will get any outdoor picks till next spring, unless the rain dries and i just take some random pics without electronics. hoping to get a tekken fxr or holmeshobbies esc, which one do you guys think would be better for my brushed crawler?

i'm also thinking pitbulls rock beasts with the 4.45" od, or roklox with 4.5" od, or maybe the iroks 4.65" bit taller tire to fit in the jk's wheel wells a bit better. but i'm looking for that open mouth bite kind of tire, anyone have any tire suggestions? most likely staying in the 1.9, unless i can find a tire smaller than the mickey thomsons baja claws at 4.7" and they are not a good rock grabbing tire, they are more mud, sand and snow tire.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Hey guys, update here, not much really.

I lost my 3000mah battery, cant find it anywhere.

so im down to a 4400mah and a 3600 mah 7 cell batts. soon to upgrade to lipo when i upgrade to auto cut off speed controls with speed breaks etc...

so biggest thing i did the last while i have been not been able to drive. I bought the chrome set of exterior detail parts ax80048 3 sets of mirrors, window wipers and fire extigisher.

in the next month or 2 i'll probably start a mod to my truck, probably the yellow one cause i have no speed control for it. thats okay, it could have no speed control for 2 years and i would still love it and look at it, and show it off, and build on it and just drive the doncho, cause this jeep is my jaw dropper, probably wont let anyone but myself drive it cause i would be too upset if somebody else put a scratch in it lol! the red one was the play around and scratch and the doncho is built to roll around in the dirt. the yellow one will have all the tools, axe, ramps, winch, for rescue im thinking... i have some tricks up my sleeves to save some money on accessories too. will be trying ideas out.

has anyone ever attempted to make their own moulds? molds?

thanks for looking!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

hi spike I see you live in the Okanagan, I think I seen a picture you posted of the old red jeep next to a ladies real 1:1 jeep in the Vernon super store parking lot?
tnt-salvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Yeah bud! lol how random, Yeah for once I had my truck in my car, and I was doing some shopping, and not very often you see a jeep jacked up on MT baja claws similar to my jeep being local, i had to pull my truck out and get a picture or 2, and I did meet the lady driving it and she was suprised i liked her jeep! lol!!!

do you got a rig?

**update my other battery died, so ive only got my 4600 mah battery, so when i get some moeny i need another few batteries, and i would like lipo for the size and weight and power.

Last edited by Spiike; 04-07-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Spiike's Yellow 4dr Jeep - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spiike's SCX10 Jeep 4 Door (Caution Picture Heavy) Spiike Axial SCX-10 185 06-09-2013 12:51 AM
just another 4dr jeep kunas 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 05-25-2012 11:32 AM
Links for 4dr Jeep?????? AERO-MAN 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 10-18-2011 10:08 PM
4dr jeep neuera 916 2.2 Scale Rigs 21 10-16-2008 10:04 PM