Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New to scalers. Would like some advice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #1

Default New to scalers. Would like some advice.

Well I recently bought a dingo kit and love the thing so far. But I want to give 2.2's a try and I have a couple questions I would like some advice on. As far as tires go, I don't want a massive 2.2. By that I mean I don't really care for the super wide ones and being new I'm not sure if there are any 2.2's that aren't so wide. Ex. The losi claws, etc. With that being said I just want some advice on good 2.2's that will do well on rock and dirt. I really like the ripsaws, but the 2.2's are pretty tall aren't they?

Second question is what to do to get the 2.2's to fit with minimal body trimming.I was considering trying wraith shocks. They are about 10mm longer and would help some. But would those alone be enough? Also would the longer shocks allow more flex?

Thanks for any help/advice!!!
MonsterSummit138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New to scalers. Would like some advice.

I went through the same thing on my SCX10. I tried 2.2 Proline Swampers, they look awesome and get great grip but they were way too big at almost 5.5" tall. The Losi claws are one of the smaller 2.2s at only around 5" tall and is what i liked best. The 2.2 Flat Irons are also about the same size. In my opinion, body trimming is not a bad thing if it's kept to a minimum. I also tried the Level3 suspension lift with the 2.2 Swampers but to get them to fit required more lift than I wanted; it got too tippy and the drive train started to bind from the extreme angles produced. You may also look and bigger 1.9s like the Mickey Thompson Baja Claws or Pitbulls.

In the end I went back to the 1.9s, they get the performance I like, low and slow. Good luck.
SP225 is offline   Reply With Quote

New to scalers. Would like some advice. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many scalers do you have? / How long have you been into scalers? pike2350 Chit Chat 8 03-29-2011 09:48 PM
Scalers JK #2 ScalerLover 1.9 Scale Rigs 16 08-08-2010 05:31 PM
scalers with BD jeepcj578 Chit Chat 5 12-03-2008 02:36 AM