Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Rubi_con_Arni - Axial Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Rubi_con_Arni - Axial Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfire View Post
Well it looks simply awesome! What was wrong with the Kink shocks 100mm? I'd like to know since I was looking at those shocks.... Thanks and keep on posting!
Thanks for the kind words!

I guess it is simply the lenght and the higher COG they cause therefore. The car fell over pretty easy and would far not climb as good as with the stock shocks. It was really horrible compared to my buddys stock Jeep and I was affraid it was only because of the roof rack and so on. I'm glad this makes almost no difference. Now when I have shortend the King shocks with that fuel tube inside the shock body they feel like the stock shocks, maybe a lill stiffer. Will have to do a test drive but I'm already confident that they will work as great as the Axial shocks. I would have bought the shocks in 90mm but they do not have the faux reservoir and this is what they make looks great!
perseus71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

I love the pitbulls they look so awesome... I had pitbull rockers on my full size JK Rubi at one point and now I use them on my axial JK too. I noticed a huge grip improvement over the stock tires, especially laterally. Bad lookin rig bro!

BTW what snorkel did you use? do you know if theres one for the passenger side? The JK airbox is on that side... minor detail though, so no biggie if theres really not a better one. That one still looks sweet.
tomvaillencourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus71 View Post
Thanks for the kind words!

I guess it is simply the lenght and the higher COG they cause therefore. The car fell over pretty easy and would far not climb as good as with the stock shocks. It was really horrible compared to my buddys stock Jeep and I was affraid it was only because of the roof rack and so on. I'm glad this makes almost no difference. Now when I have shortend the King shocks with that fuel tube inside the shock body they feel like the stock shocks, maybe a lill stiffer. Will have to do a test drive but I'm already confident that they will work as great as the Axial shocks. I would have bought the shocks in 90mm but they do not have the faux reservoir and this is what they make looks great!
I see, well they looks great though, I understand the issue and pretty sure you solved it that way, however the whole rig just looks great.... Btw what color did you use for the body?

Cheers mate and have fun with it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
slimfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Thanks a lot! i'm glad if the Jeep is liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvaillencourt View Post
BTW what snorkel did you use? do you know if theres one for the passenger side? The JK airbox is on that side... minor detail though, so no biggie if theres really not a better one. That one still looks sweet.
I had no idea where the airbox is but I had thought that I will be lucky and be wrong But for this case I just say I have done a tube under the hood to bring the air to the passenger side I do not know any snorkel for the passanger side that would fit or look good in my eyes. Thats why I have choosed the snorkel for the Jeep Wrangler from RC4WD. Otherwise I would have done some more investigations about the airbox.

I would love to have an JK in real too but it is not possible to built it the way I would like in Switzerland. Law is different to yours in the USA.

@ Slimfire: I've used faskolor white and black and mixed it myself.

Last edited by perseus71; 02-06-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Forgot to mention the fenders are super! I love inner fenders for both looking and function! Greetings from Italy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slimfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfire View Post
Forgot to mention the fenders are super! I love inner fenders for both looking and function! Greetings from Italy!
Thanks my southern Fellow I have them done mostly for the looks as I do not like when I can see thru the car. But it may keep some dirt out also but I do not know big that effect is with that realtively slow car. I usually do not have much dirt in the wheel houses.

Last edited by perseus71; 02-11-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

any more recent pics or upgrades? very well done so far...
greedyg76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #68
RCC Addict

That turned out really sweet looking, good job on that JK...
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:18 AM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
any more recent pics or upgrades? very well done so far...
No unfortunately Had not much time to work on the jeep or to drive it. Next plans are to relocate the battery and to work on a interior. I'm looking for a way how I can do that with the stock gearbox in it. Whant to do a 4 seater. I'm also thinking about how I want to do the dashboard. I don't know yet if I will do my own race style dashboard or if I will do a copy of a New Bright dashboard.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy you like it folks
Old 04-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #70

Great project!!1

About body paint... Removes old paint or painting the outside?
iLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLou View Post
Great project!!1

About body paint... Removes old paint or painting the outside?
I believe in an earlier post he said he painted outside. That way when it did get scratched it was like it was showing the metal.(rtr gray) which is an excellent observation. I believe this build has inspired to put up my slash and get a scx10 Rubicon. Excellent build and keep it up
j.co181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #72
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Thanks guys!

The roof rack is from Gear Head an I bought it from RPP Hobby. The cage of the JK four spots were you can srew on something and the cage fits just over it. So I drilled it from the underside and fixed it with M2 srews.

Also the light bar is from Gear Head and it fits perfectly on the roof rack as it is made for it.

So, The rack doesn't fit on the cage with out making your own holes?
GoSpeedRCerGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Wow! I haven't looked lately at threads and yours looks great! Very job!
juswin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpeedRCerGo View Post
So, The rack doesn't fit on the cage with out making your own holes?
sorry, I haven't been here for a long time. I'm sure there are other ways to mount it but I found it the most propper way. It is not a direct bolt on as far as I have seen. You may use some clamps or find a way to just srew it into the cage but I'm not sure about that. Maybe someone from RPP can tell you more about it. They may have invented an other way to mount it on the Rubicon. As far as I have seen they have made a spezial roof rack for the Rubicon.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.co181 View Post
I believe in an earlier post he said he painted outside. That way when it did get scratched it was like it was showing the metal.(rtr gray) which is an excellent observation. I believe this build has inspired to put up my slash and get a scx10 Rubicon. Excellent build and keep it up
Yes thats exactly how I have done the paint job
Thanks a lot! Haven't done any on my hobby for weeks now Hope to continue soon but my projects at work are taking all my time right now.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

I love this project! I wanted to see if you had any updates on the winch? I'm looking at buy one but for looks basically. I was just wondering if it was holding up to use.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #77

Quote:
Hello Folks

I'm Rene from Switzerland. I'm reading in this forum for some time now but have never introduced a car. On the 29th of November I've got the new Axial Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. Guess I was the first one who got in Switzerland, maybe in hole Europe. At least I have not read anything in european forums.

I've did some mods and I would like to show you what I've did so far. I thinke the best way would be to let pictures speak first
Hey whats up, i just got my jeep rubicon rtr and am trying to put the headlights and i cant since it comes painted, what kind of headlights ypu used?

Btw- your car looks veryyy veryyy nicee
jmolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:49 AM   #78
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmolina View Post
Hey whats up, i just got my jeep rubicon rtr and am trying to put the headlights and i cant since it comes painted, what kind of headlights ypu used?

Btw- your car looks veryyy veryyy nicee
Thanks!

I have used lights from a cheap Chinese roof light set and glued them in from the inside with Shoe Goo. Bevor that I have made holes to the size of the clear lences with a body reamer. I've found those lights on ebay but I can't find them right now on ebay. I guess Integy sells them too.
For the marker lights I have used parts from Axial.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

Or check out krawler konceptz JK kit. I m using it on my rig.
buddamonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:44 PM   #80

What did you use to paint the body lines?
aliveathome is offline   Reply With Quote