Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Servo Winch Controller question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Servo Winch Controller question

I wanted to convert a spare servo into a winch, however I have a 2ch radio/receiver and don't got the funds to purchase another 3ch set.
So I am looking into the idea of a 1ch receiver and keyfob that would allow me to control the winch and have this receiver run off 7.2v.

OF course there is this:

Wireless Remote & Receiver for Bulldog 9300XT Winch (rc4wd bulldog remote/reciever) but thats 40 bucks.

Anyone know of a cheap alternative in the same category? does not need to be pretty, just needs to be cheap and function.

Research shows a whole lot of things that are 12v. or are fairly large. Not sure how well it would work in a sealed box and with only 7.2v.

Nimh packs btw, not Lipo. not worried about draining the pack low with this diy mod.
Intashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Servo Winch Controller question

When you hold that keyfob in your hands, you'll know why it cost so much. I love mine!
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Unfortunately my girlfriend would kill me if I spend 40 bucks on it. which is why im trying to find a cheaper alternative. One that does not require me to choose between steering and winching thats just annoying. xD
Intashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intashu View Post
Unfortunately my girlfriend would kill me if I spend 40 bucks on it. which is why im trying to find a cheaper alternative. One that does not require me to choose between steering and winching thats just annoying. xD
I have found that after finding a "cheaper" version of something and dealing with the modification and or instillation struggles, it was more than worth the 40 bucks in the first place for the correct part.
Cottonme173 is offline   Reply With Quote

Servo Winch Controller question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Servo Winch - Complete with Controller heyok Vendors Electronics 57 07-17-2015 01:16 PM
Servo winch controller? Josh_Br Electronics 11 10-09-2012 06:13 PM
3racing winch and servo controller towjockeyrc10 Electronics 4 09-08-2010 10:16 PM
servo winch controller derekshep Electronics 1 03-11-2010 06:36 PM