Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Flat Irons doing the biz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Flat Irons doing the biz.

Love em. :-) so much grip. Managed to get some great angles and complete some nice climbs. If the Swampers are better than these I can't wait to get my hand on some of the XLs at some point. :-)

o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Flat Irons doing the biz.

I hear a lot of great things about those tires. When my trepadors are worn, I will consider a set of those!
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
RCC Addict

They are small though and not as impressive as the Treps to look at. Maybe some 2.2 FLat Irons would be the sweet spot. :-) I saw your updated pics. Looks very mean. When my Honcho shell fails I may copy you. :-)
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Everybody dogs on the flatirons because they used to come on the honcho and dingos so EVERYBODY had them. So if you were looking to have a unique build you couldn't use them. I have a set and I think they work great.
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I also run a set with the G8 compound, they work awesome on any terrain, plus they are a scale tread.
SCALER14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

i run f i`s everywere and they are a good tyre. i got to use a set of super swamper`s a couple of weeks and go and what a difference they make to what you can and can not climb over but i think all stick with the flats for now. the one thing i did do to mine was cut every second small lug of the middle of the tread and that helped me out today when i was trying to climb over things ive climbed over before
boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I ran 2.2 Flat Irons on my Honcho for a bit they work well gave me a wider footprint and a little more ground clearance and didn't look all the out of scale for the truck, now I run 1.9 Pit Bulls not as tall but close and not as wide but they are a great tire.... Here's a pic with 2.2 Flat Irons.

[IMG][/IMG]
Needboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
They are small though and not as impressive as the Treps to look at. Maybe some 2.2 FLat Irons would be the sweet spot. :-) I saw your updated pics. Looks very mean. When my Honcho shell fails I may copy you. :-)
haha you can copy me now if you like. i might be starting up a dingo project later this week. i am expecting a few bucks coming my way soon so don't be surprised if my F-250 gets Vanquished
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
KMW
Rock Stacker

I have been very impressed with the Flat Irons. I have a set of 1.9s and also a set of fairly used 2.2s. I have heard that clipping out every second shoulder lug, leaving the siped lugs, makes them better. I'm going to try it on my 2.2s and see if it makes any difference.

I do believe the Flat Irons so better than my son's Trepadors.
KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
I have been very impressed with the Flat Irons. I have a set of 1.9s and also a set of fairly used 2.2s. I have heard that clipping out every second shoulder lug, leaving the siped lugs, makes them better. I'm going to try it on my 2.2s and see if it makes any difference.

I do believe the Flat Irons so better than my son's Trepadors.
would like to hear your findings about the second outer lug being cut i thought about doing that but wanted to try the centre lug cutting first.
boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Flat Irons doing the biz. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
reducing 1.9 flat-irons to 1.55 flat-irons: questions for you experts heinie_21 Tires and Wheels 12 02-02-2012 10:47 PM
flat irons running...flat... Diesel-tech Tires and Wheels 10 03-10-2011 10:21 PM
flat spotted proline flat irons? brianw Newbie General 4 02-12-2010 12:50 PM