Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Best electronics for my dingo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #1

Default Best electronics for my dingo

Hello all just wondering on some advice on what to put in my dingo i have it almost completely assembled and i want to order some electronics does anyone have any recommendation on motor and speed control combo ? also what are some good websites i could buy my electronics for a good price? also any recommendations for the servo and batteries ?

As for the TX and RX i was thinking of getting the spektrum dx3c and 3 channel receiver anyone have any better ideas ?

Thanks in advance for any help
insutama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Best electronics for my dingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by insutama View Post
Hello all just wondering on some advice on what to put in my dingo i have it almost completely assembled and i want to order some electronics does anyone have any recommendation on motor and speed control combo ? also what are some good websites i could buy my electronics for a good price? also any recommendations for the servo and batteries ?

As for the TX and RX i was thinking of getting the spektrum dx3c and 3 channel receiver anyone have any better ideas ?

I use hobbyking and hobbypartz .com They can be hit or miss though. That being said, I haven't had any problems with anything I've bought.

I use a couple Flysky GT3B Radio and receivers. I hacked them to make them superb units! Search Hacked GT3B for tons of info.

I use the newer flysky receivers with the higher voltage rating of 8.4 volts.

In my Dingo I use a castle Sidewinder with a 55turn motor, but I just ordered 2 cheap RC4wd 35t motors and a dual motor mount for the Dingo. I can let you know how those go.

Hobbypartz.com has super cheap servos too. The Solar brand is cheap and durable.
I use the D771 servo in my dingo. If you need even more power at a slower speed buy the D772. They aren't waterproof but thats super easy!

PM me if you need anymore info. Happy to help!
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

What's your budget?
TrilloThrillo110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #4

i want good quality stuff and the best value lol i dont wanna cheap out but at same time i dont wanna spend more than i really need to
Old 12-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #5

Is it just me or is it cheaper to make it a brushless set up ?
Old 12-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

It's probably just you unless your comparing a junk brushless against quality brushed.
And when I ask what your budget is, I mean price
TrilloThrillo110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I would recommend a tekin fxr esc and their 45t motor, a castle BEC, and a hitec 7950 servo. I also recommend going with 3s lipo batteries with that setup. I run the dx3c radio and it works great on all my rigs. The setup i recommended is basically what i run in 3 of my scx's and i never have any issues.
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #8

awsome great thanks alot and what would be the best place to buy that setup ?
Old 12-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
awsome great thanks alot and what would be the best place to buy that setup ?
I buy most of my parts from my local hobbyshop, but i make the odd order to rpphobby.com for stuff i cant get locally or out of the classifieds here
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

I would recommend the 35 turn motor for the bit extra wheel speed. The best place to get it would be RPP Hobby | Radio Controlled Cars, Trucks, Boats, Helis, Planes, Plastic Models
ejohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:

The radio is a good radio and should suit your needs.

For electronics if you want to go brushed which is still the best for low speed crawling; I recommend the Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL esc and one of his $35.00 motors in either a 27T or a 35T.

If you must go brushless just make sure its a sensored system and if you go with 3s power make sure to set aside a good chunk of money for drivetrain upgrades rather brushed or brushless

I just bought the TorqueMaster BR-XL to replace my RTR esc on my Honcho so I can use it on another project im doing...I had/have more than enough torque and speed with a 27T brushed motor and a 2s battery. (16/87 gearing with 1.9 Tires)..Stock drive shafts ,trans gears etc...Zero breakage in just over 4 months.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Here is my suggestions.
Axial SCX10 Upgrade Parts List... - WARCRC
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:21 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
I just bought the TorqueMaster BR-XL to replace my RTR esc on my Honcho so I can use it on another project im doing...I had/have more than enough torque and speed with a 27T brushed motor and a 2s battery. (16/87 gearing with 1.9 Tires)..Stock drive shafts ,trans gears etc...Zero breakage in just over 4 months.
I would second this opinion. I just got a dingo kit myself which I plan to turn into a class 1 rig. I will be using the stock axial AE-2 from my wraith rtr (built by castle), a 35t motor I found in the classifieds, one of the hitec servos mentioned below, a Castle BEC and a 2s or 3s hardpack I already have.

Assuming you are interested in mostly crawling and some trail running, I would make the following recommendations for you:
  • Hacked gt3c or gt3b from overkillrc.com ~ $50 - $75
  • used axial AE-2 or Castle Sidewinder v3 ~ $25 - $65
  • Holmes Hobbies 27t or 35t torquemaster sport ~ $35
  • used Hitec 7955, 7954, or 7950 servo ~ $75ish
  • Castle BEC ~ $20
  • Castle link usb programmer ~ $20
  • quality wire and bullet connectors for motor leads $??
  • A bunch of male and female connectors of your choice (EC3, Deans, Traxxas etc...) $??

And if you don't already have them...
  • decent basic soldering iron (stahl) and spool of solder ~ $50
  • helping hands alligator clip soldering tool ~ $20

I hope this helps, let us know what you decide to do!
Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl Space View Post
I would second this opinion. I just got a dingo kit myself which I plan to turn into a class 1 rig. I will be using the stock axial AE-2 from my wraith rtr (built by castle), a 35t motor I found in the classifieds, one of the hitec servos mentioned below, a Castle BEC and a 2s or 3s hardpack I already have.

Assuming you are interested in mostly crawling and some trail running, I would make the following recommendations for you:
  • Hacked gt3c or gt3b from overkillrc.com ~ $50 - $75
  • used axial AE-2 or Castle Sidewinder v3 ~ $25 - $65
  • Holmes Hobbies 27t or 35t torquemaster sport ~ $35
  • used Hitec 7955, 7954, or 7950 servo ~ $75ish
  • Castle BEC ~ $20
  • Castle link usb programmer ~ $20
  • quality wire and bullet connectors for motor leads $??
  • A bunch of male and female connectors of your choice (EC3, Deans, Traxxas etc...) $??

And if you don't already have them...
  • decent basic soldering iron (stahl) and spool of solder ~ $50
  • helping hands alligator clip soldering tool ~ $20

I hope this helps, let us know what you decide to do!
100 % agree on everything here except the radio. Browse Ebay for a high end radio like the MT4 that will have resale value way and feels way better in your hand.
spunkysandoval is offline   Reply With Quote

Best electronics for my dingo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Built a Dingo kit only wanna buy electronics once HKSkook Electronics 5 08-08-2013 01:56 AM
Getting electronics for dingo kit pursuitgt Newbie General 4 01-30-2013 03:14 AM
lowering the body and the electronics getting the electronics in a waterproof box m1009cucv Axial SCX-10 15 10-01-2011 07:45 PM
Dingo TR Electronics Lambo3244 Axial SCX-10 1 02-19-2011 01:18 AM