Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: WYD's STRC SCX10 Jeep Wrangler build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
wyd
Rock Crawler

Default WYD's STRC SCX10 Jeep Wrangler build

My new Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler arrived last week and I decided that when I start replacing parts on the it that I would be using a company that I'm very familiar with and have excellent results using their products. I will be taking pics of the new parts I will be putting on my Axial from STRC. ST Racing Concepts has been making reliable after market aluminum parts for many years now and I have found them to be one of the best when it comes to after market aluminum hop ups and if one just wants to add some bling.

Tomorrow I will have pics of my bone stock Axial along with a group shot of all the new parts. Over the next few weeks I will be adding these new parts and testing everything out. Never had an Axial before as my first build was the HPI Crawler King and then I used almost all STRC parts only. I have worked that HPI hard and the STRC parts have had no problems.

Looks for pics starting tomorrow. Many Axial Jeeps have been done up but not sure how many have been all with STRC parts.

Brian

Last edited by wyd; 12-04-2013 at 11:05 AM.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
wyd
Rock Crawler

Default Re: WYD's STRC SCX10 Jeep Wrangler build

Here is some starting pictures. I have new shocks, bumper mounts, lower links and more to add to my SCX10. Can't wait to add a few things to it.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
wyd
Rock Crawler

Wow things move fast on the Axial threads on RC Crawler. Tons of guys tricking out their Axial stuff. Never new how many guys where into crawlers til I got one and started messing around with them.

Did go thru all my parts and will be installing them next week. Can't wait to get started. Going to order some new tires and rims for it as well. Going to check thru and see which ones I want. Had great luck with my HPI Sedona and my Proline TSL which is what I will check out in the 1.9 version.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Should turn out nice ...look into doing some of the free mods that can improve performance as well.

Since youre going with STRC parts look into their motor plate..A great product that can help fight heat
from the motor and look at the 3Racing motor heatsink as well...The 2 combined can allow you
to gear more aggressive up or down and keep the heat at bay from you motor...Highly recommended
items by myself...Youll have to modify the 3r heat sink to fit but its a simple procedure...If you decide
to get one let me know ill tell you what you have to do to get it to fit properly.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #5
wyd
Rock Crawler

Today was a great day. I finally was able to spend time working on my Axial. Got both front and rear STRC aluminum bumper mounts on, STRC aluminum side guards on, STRC brace for under batter mount, STRC rear mount for rear links to go into and braces the rear axle and STRC complete shock kit on today. I have all the pics and will post them Monday once I get to work. Much easier for me to post from work than with my tablet.

Very pleased so far. Fit and finish where standard STRC quality as I expected. Always been great products for me over the years and this is no exception. Will post pics in am.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:31 AM   #6
wyd
Rock Crawler

Finally the pictures of the new parts I just put on from STRC. Turned out great.

Black aluminum side mounts for side gaurds

Aluminum batter brace and rear alum. bumper mount

STRC Shocks

Rear axle and link brace

Front Bumper mount
Old 02-10-2014, 07:32 AM   #7
wyd
Rock Crawler

I will get a picture of the whole truck but waiting on the new tires and rims. On back order right now but should be coming in soon.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:39 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Looks good. I am planning on replacing parts on my Scx10 with STRC parts. Had all there hop ups on my Exo and they took a beating. Very well made parts for sure.
Ballistic17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #9
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSc10 View Post
Looks good. I am planning on replacing parts on my Scx10 with STRC parts. Had all there hop ups on my Exo and they took a beating. Very well made parts for sure.
Great to hear. I will be adding the bottom links as well. Just need to order a couple of things so I can finish building them.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #10
wyd
Rock Crawler

I was checking out the STRC Website and Facebook page and thought this was cool. STRC makes a kit to shorten up the wheel base on the SCX10 so you can then run the Tamiya CC-01 bodies. Think its a great idea as Tamiya has always had very realistic bodies over the years.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Last edited by wyd; 02-12-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:51 AM   #11
wyd
Rock Crawler

Just placed my order at Crawler Innovations for some new Lil Nova 2 stage foam inserts. Now when my new tires and rims show up I will be ready to go since my foams will be here before the tires and rims. This is making a nice winter project so that when it is a little nicer out I will have it all done.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

I am building a Short Wheel Base SCX10 using the STRC chassis. The thread is located here.
OhioGuy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:43 AM   #13
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy82 View Post
I am building a Short Wheel Base SCX10 using the STRC chassis. The thread is located here.
That is awesome. Can't wait to see it.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:41 AM   #14
wyd
Rock Crawler

My new foams arrived on Saturday from Crawler Innovations.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #15
wyd
Rock Crawler

Wow going to be a busy weekend that is for sure. I ordered all my Axial ends I need for my new linkage and then I ordered some new Proline 1.9 rims, new HB 1.9 Rovers and new Proline TSL XL tires and everything was in stock so now I will have tons of stuff to do to finish the SCX10 this weekend. Didn't think it would all come in today but I checked the order and its all coming in.

Can't wait to get the new Proline Faultline and Denali 1.9 rims mounted up on the Rovers and TSL XL tires. SCX10 is going to be looking pretty good with these two sets of tires.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Sounds like a nice list of items. Can't wait to see it all done up.
Ballistic17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #17
wyd
Rock Crawler

Got the new tires mounted up. The new 1.9 TSL XL tires are freaking huge over my new Hot Bodies 1.9 Rovers. Didn't expect the Rovers to be so small since the 2.2 version are what I consider more normal size. Will get pics in the am.

My guess is I will use the Rovers on my Tamiya CC-01 once I get it. No hurry on it as it won't hurt having the tires sit around for a little bit.

Last edited by wyd; 02-25-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:49 AM   #18
wyd
Rock Crawler

My new Super Swamper TSL XL 1.9's on my SCX10 with Proline Fault Line rims

New 1.9 Hot Bodies Rovers next to 1.9 TSL XL. Huge size difference. Didn't expect my new 1.9 Rovers to be so small overall. I have Sedona's in 2.2 and they are huge so I thought the 1.9 Rovers would just be the same size as most normal 1.9 tires. Wow was I wrong.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #19
wyd
Rock Crawler

Busy week and weekend so didn't get much done to my SCX10. I did start getting the links built up and will be starting with the steering links. Will try to get those done Tues or Wed. This week is horrible as I have our biggest off road race of the season at our shop Bumps and Jumps and then my real job I have the Builders Show going on from Thursday til Sunday. What a rough week coming up.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:51 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Nice build so far man I'm lovin the wheel combos too! And just to throw this out there the reason the rovers look so small is because the TSL XL's have the diameter of a 2.2 tire. The TSL SX's have a normal 1.9 diameter and probably wouldn't have dwarfed your rovers like the XL's do haha. Overall tho great looking rig man, definitely gonna look into getting some STRC parts in the future

- Richard
creepinchevy69 is offline   Reply With Quote

WYD's STRC SCX10 Jeep Wrangler build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4by4's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Edition Build 4by4 Axial SCX-10 26 05-26-2015 03:22 AM
NorCal's Axial SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Kit Build NorCal 2500HD Axial SCX-10 29 06-20-2014 09:59 AM
ScaleFreak - Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Build Joe Ferguson Axial SCX-10 27 06-07-2014 04:42 PM
Badger's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 kit build badger Axial SCX-10 122 05-01-2014 01:51 PM