Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Hirschowl's G6 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Talking Hirschowl's G6 build

So I finally got this kit built (my first build) and the electronics installed and it was finally, FINALLY a day where it was warm enough (above 30*) and dry enough to do test run in the backyard on the pile of rocks. I must say it was a blast. Can't wait to run this summer!!!!! The beach at the end of the road is full of perfect size rocks to run this thing. I will have to build a rock garden and trail in backyard. I took a couple of pics to share. I still need to paint the body (again too cold). I bought the paint just waiting for warmer weather.
I don't plan on doing anymore big $$ upgrades right away. Just upgrade as things break. May get some steel sliders and want to move the battery onto the slider themselves. I also had the body as low as it could go and the tires were rubbing as you can see in the pics. Will have to find the right spot before running again.

Hirschowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Hirschowl's G6 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
So I finally got this kit built (my first build) and the electronics installed and it was finally, FINALLY a day where it was warm enough (above 30*) and dry enough to do test run in the backyard on the pile of rocks. I must say it was a blast. Can't wait to run this summer!!!!! The beach at the end of the road is full of perfect size rocks to run this thing. I will have to build a rock garden and trail in backyard. I took a couple of pics to share. I still need to paint the body (again too cold). I bought the paint just waiting for warmer weather.
I don't plan on doing anymore big $$ upgrades right away. Just upgrade as things break. May get some steel sliders and want to move the battery onto the slider themselves. I also had the body as low as it could go and the tires were rubbing as you can see in the pics. Will have to find the right spot before running again.

What are thinking about paint schemes?

Those pics are sick! Great job on the build.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Very nice setup, I'm after those same tires. What color are you going with?
Txraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Nice looking rig

if you have n I t done so already I would recommend reinforcing the holes where cage connects to the body. I took a nasty tumble and would up ppunching the cage through the body. Axial lexan is kinda on the thin side.
DIRTSLINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #5

those wheels look sweet man, mind if i ask what kind they are?
daf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:50 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I'm curious about the wheels too. Those look sick on there.
Case182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
What are thinking about paint schemes?

Those pics are sick! Great job on the build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txraptor View Post
Very nice setup, I'm after those same tires. What color are you going with?
No real scheme drawn up yet but thinking of some stripes down the hood that flow onto the sides. I chose and array of color for this build. Red, black, white, silver, and blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTSLINGER View Post
Nice looking rig

if you have n I t done so already I would recommend reinforcing the holes where cage connects to the body. I took a nasty tumble and would up ppunching the cage through the body. Axial lexan is kinda on the thin side.
How would I go about doing that? Would I use the Shoe-goo and drywall tape method or some washers around the posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf2 View Post
those wheels look sweet man, mind if i ask what kind they are?
Mayhem Engineering Mayhem Monsters with the Legendary Beadlock ring. I plan on using a color highlight in the recessed part of the wheel to make it stand out a bit more.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

The power supply came today after its short trip through the mail. I love SPC batteries and these fit perfectly on the R2j Kustom sliders for the G6. Currently in the painting stages. Put a couple of space heaters in the garage and have it heated to 55*. Looking forward to having a paint job.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Got my painting done this weekend. Got some good advice on paint some stripes from this great forum. This is my first real paint job. I defiantly see the blemishes. Really enjoyed the painting and masking process except the fumes. I think it came out pretty well.

Last edited by Hirschowl; 02-02-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #10

Looks good I need one of these g6 rigs
jim hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim hall View Post
Looks good I need one of these g6 rigs
X2
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #12
RCC Addict

what size hubs did you go with?
Old 02-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
what size hubs did you go with?
.650 hub. Glad I went with that size for this tire. I would get alot more body rub with a narrower width and the .750 hub would of been to wide for my setup
Old 02-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Nice looking paint job,usually the blue and red don't work well together but you nailed it.Nice looking rig now get it dirty!!!!
THUNDER PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
.650 hub. Glad I went with that size for this tire. I would get alot more body rub with a narrower width and the .750 hub would of been to wide for my setup
Nice, I was thinking .650 would probably work best. (I've been looking at getting a set of these wheels myself)
Old 02-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

How tall are the tires, and 1.9 or 2.2? Sweet rig!
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER PRO View Post
Nice looking paint job,usually the blue and red don't work well together but you nailed it.Nice looking rig now get it dirty!!!!
Thanks. Wishing I could take it out. The lastest snow storm dumped like a foot of snow on top of what we already had. This is a horrible winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
Nice, I was thinking .650 would probably work best. (I've been looking at getting a set of these wheels myself)
Great wheels. Worth the wait. Took almost a month to get them. Would order them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
How tall are the tires, and 1.9 or 2.2? Sweet rig!
Thanks. The tires are 1.9's inner 4.65 outer RC4WD 1.9 Interco IROK 1.9 Scale Tire (2)
Old 02-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Just a few things I have been working on...
Made some upper links using 1/4' brake line, revo rod ends, and 8-32 allthread and some spray paint I had on the shelf. Cut the all thread at 95mm and the brake line at 78.5mm. The fit really well with no change to driveshaft angle.

I also put in some C.I. lil'nova foams and move the black bealock ring to the back and move the machined one to the front. I felt the bigger black ring was hiding the beauty in the Mayhem wheels.

I can not get these shocks to stop leaking. I have rebuilt 3 times and still leak and haven't even really drivin this thing. Just ordered some pro line scaler shocks from lhs. Will be here next Thursday
Old 02-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

I don't know how you built them, but I always goop on some Associated Slime on the lower shock orings as well as on the shaft. Mine didn't leak on the first shot.
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003EDGE View Post
I don't know how you built them, but I always goop on some Associated Slime on the lower shock orings as well as on the shaft. Mine didn't leak on the first shot.
Yeah, used the slime the first and everytime. The oil is leaking out the top on 3 of the shocks. The spring spacer is getting oil on it so I know its leaking out the top. The bottoms are dry. The oil is making it way down the springs I have read and watched many tip and tricks to get these to stop leaking. I just cant get them to stop.

Hirschowl's G6 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Bronco Kit Build; 1st Build Boxcarcustoms 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 07-29-2013 07:37 PM
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM