Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: 89Rotary Pathfinder/Honcho Build Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #1

Default 89Rotary Pathfinder/Honcho Build Thread

Alright, so i'm new, and i'm new to Crawling. lol my Good Friend Tom (on this forum with his XJ and Comanchee) got me into it, as well as my uncle. Tom has been trying to get me into it and i've wanted to, but kept putting it off. then i went and visted my uncle, and he let me drive his wraith...... well i climbed his front steps and i was hooked.... i needed a rig NOW. lol. so i went out and purchased a Honcho RTR.

So, i'm new... lol i'm not a 4x4 enthusist per say, i'm actually a AutoX, Drift, and Time Attack Fiend. lol so my knowledge is very limited. BUT i'm starting to enjoy crawling (RC and 1:1 lol) i own a 1995 Pathfinder, and plan to get the RC4wd T-Finder Body to run to make a "mini-Me" of my real pathfinder ^_^

so Hope you guys can enjoy my flare i add, and won't make too much fun on me lol
89rotary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #2

Default Re: 89Rotary Pathfinder/Honcho Build Thread

Alright, so today i Ordered my Pathfinder body ^_^ super stoked about that! and modded my Side Rails, and Front Bumper. once i get my new shell on i'll make things look alot more real. mostly just doing little things for now. i used my Butane Cutting tool and plan to sand the edges but for now i'm happy with how it turned out. gettin there! ^_^ still gotta get ready to order new Steering Links and Control arms.

Pics!!!

*** Credit to the Original Designers of each "Mod" i seen both these in build threads, cannot remember who did what lol. ***
Old 03-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

This will be cool to see what you do with this. Keep up the great job here.
CodesEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodesEmpire View Post
This will be cool to see what you do with this. Keep up the great job here.
Thanks ^_^ i'll try and not dissappoint.

heres my 1:1 rig, i'll be getting as close as i can to looking like it. ^_^

Old 03-20-2014, 05:10 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

rtr's are a good start. had one myself and beat the guts right out of it and still worked.hahaha. like the pathfinder idea. love the pathfinders. my dad had 95 as well a few years back. tough little buggies. heres a picture of his, hope ya dont mind me puttin it on youre thread.
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcrawlerkidX View Post
rtr's are a good start. had one myself and beat the guts right out of it and still worked.hahaha. like the pathfinder idea. love the pathfinders. my dad had 95 as well a few years back. tough little buggies. heres a picture of his, hope ya dont mind me puttin it on youre thread.
Nah I don't mind at all lol. I used to own a 92 Pathy, and I was surprised just how well they actually do off Road. Went out one day with Tom94xj and a bunch of jeep guys for some 1:1 crawling and couple of the guys brought their scales up. That's actually what got me started.

One of the main reasons I went RTR rather than kit, was A: I wanted it now.... B: got a killer deal on this one C: did some looking and found that it was actually cheaper to go this route (assuming all electronic parts were purchased brand new)... oh and D: I already am building a Tamiya TT01E drift chassis. Lol which I've made look like my 1:1 rx7 lol

1st question, looking on rc4wd and trying to order steering links. Looks like they sell a bunch of different length links? And joints? Do I need to measure mine and order from their? Or am I may a newbie and the different sizes are control arm links vs steering links lol

Actually Here's a picture of both my 1:1 Rigs lol and then a blurry of my 1:10 lol

Last edited by 89rotary; 03-20-2014 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #7

well, Just Ordered my Integgy (not sure if thats spelt right... lol) Steering Knuckles, and Steering Shafts ^_^ man can't wait!!

this R/C Stuff is addicting.....
Old 03-20-2014, 09:44 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

It is online the beginning hahaha however it's a lot of fun
iFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

they do pretty good off road. my dad just had firestone destanation a/t's and that picture was wheelin a few years back with a jeep group who had lifts and big tires. got stuck more then the jeeps did but still had a blast
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89rotary View Post

Actually Here's a picture of both my 1:1 Rigs lol and then a blurry of my 1:10 lol

That a white silvia s13 in the background? I dig the mix of drive and crawl
autonomous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonomous View Post
That a white silvia s13 in the background? I dig the mix of drive and crawl
Is actually my buddies s14 lol we were washing cars. I needed to wash my fc so I towed it. It's not Street legal, and also not tuned yet lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #12

So, my pathfinder body came in today. started cutting and preparing the body. Big surprise in store ^_^

Old 03-23-2014, 01:04 AM   #13

Alright, so with Tom's guidance, lol I checked my parts tree and bam! Rear Mount. Now my Pathfinder body is mounted. Getting ready for paint tomorrow. Super excited to get moving on this. Already loving the way it looks.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #14

Annnna Progress. Painted up the bodies today. So here's the run down. One body, is all pretty and stickered up right, and painted correctly. The other body, I painted a hammered bronze to simulate rust. And then painted the outside of the body work the body color. So add the body scratches the rusty will show ^_^ I'm excited to head over to tom's soon to run his course. (Toms paint idea also lol)

Old 03-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Default 89Rotary Pathfinder/Honcho Build Thread

You need to update this ! I had a blast running my course with us. Your honcho made me but another set of ripsaws and ditch my rock crushers
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #16

Here's an update, installed my integgy knuckles and steering links mmmmm aluminum

Old 07-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

We gotta get out and crawl again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

89Rotary Pathfinder/Honcho Build Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just Another Honcho build-thread DieCastoms Axial SCX-10 37 10-07-2014 12:28 PM
build thread or hey ma look a honcho lobojones Axial SCX-10 10 04-21-2013 11:06 PM
Superbleeder's Honcho/Tacoma Build Thread iamsuperbleeder Axial SCX-10 134 02-16-2012 08:42 PM
UpDate. My 1st Scale Rig, Honcho (SCX 10) Build Thread AsILayDying Axial SCX-10 17 08-09-2011 01:05 PM