Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: G6 questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default G6 questions

So i traded for a used g6 last week, and its in "ok" condition. This is my first scaler so I'm a noob to this world. Ive been trying to research some builds on here and specifics with them and i haven't found much. I don't know if I'm just mission the threads, but when i search g6, it comes up saying no results so whatever.

Im looking for a few answers. Does anyone make an aftermarket 3 link kit to run CMS and panhard specifically for the g6 or will the other scx kits work. I wasn't sure because i knew the g6 wheel base is slightly smaller. Ive seen the Vp 4 link kits which ill go with if i have no luck with the CMS.

Another question i had was on Lift kits, any advantages other than being able to fit larger tires? i would think it makes it too top heavy and tippy

Other than that i was hoping some of y'all would just share your thoughts on mods for the g6/scx10's or any advice to the noob to the scaler world.
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: G6 questions

The g6 is just another scx10. I would lengthen the wheelbase to the honcho length. Don't do lift kits they topple over way too easy. You can do different shocks, which is what I do to make it flex more and have more contact patch on the trail. Vanquish makes a kit for chassis mounted steering with a 3 link w/pan hard bar . I personally think you don't need cms. Get a high torque steering servo mount on the axle and use 8 degree knuckles and c hubs, with their axles or do the Xr mod for steering. Put some proline tsls on it.the small ones, not the xls.
Search vanquish products.

Last edited by im gunna crawl; 05-26-2014 at 12:00 AM. Reason: More info.
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:23 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by im gunna crawl View Post
The g6 is just another scx10. I would lengthen the wheelbase to the honcho length. Don't do lift kits they topple over way too easy. You can do different shocks, which is what I do to make it flex more and have more contact patch on the trail. Vanquish makes a kit for chassis mounted steering with a 3 link w/pan hard bar . I personally think you don't need cms. Get a high torque steering servo mount on the axle and use 8 degree knuckles and c hubs, with their axles or do the Xr mod for steering. Put some proline tsls on it.the small ones, not the xls.
Search vanquish products.
ok thats what i had figured on doing anyway was changing the wheel base. and yeah i figured the lift kit was a dumb idea anyway. Whats a good size shock up grade on the scx10. Like i said this is my first scx but not my first build. Been doing the wraith thing lol. i figure anything over 103mm would be a bit much for one right?
Old 05-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #4

Leave the stock shocks on it they work good. I get as much flex out of the stock shock as my son does with 110 mm kings and I sit lower. Lots of flex it not always a good thing. Make the rig unpredictable. I used the vp cms kit and 3 link on my g6. Works good. I also installed a jevne racing cms brick plate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Heavyhaul07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyhaul07 View Post
Leave the stock shocks on it they work good. I get as much flex out of the stock shock as my son does with 110 mm kings and I sit lower. Lots of flex it not always a good thing. Make the rig unpredictable. I used the vp cms kit and 3 link on my g6. Works good. I also installed a jevne racing cms brick plate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Any mods to the Jevne using the vp CMS?
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT76 View Post
Any mods to the Jevne using the vp CMS?
im also wondering on that one

G6 questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lipo questions with charger questions can you all help champ198 Electronics 16 05-02-2013 01:24 PM
lipo questions with charger questions can you all help champ198 Electronics 0 04-30-2013 05:54 PM
Questions Questions mgauger Newbie General 14 02-04-2011 02:59 PM
2 questions. Brandxman Tamiya Clod Buster 3 09-11-2009 04:11 PM
Questions questions questions quest qowirnl RYY Newbie General 11 10-04-2006 08:18 PM