Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New Owner with Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New Owner with Questions

Just bought the SCX10 unlimited C\R and wondering how I could use the stock lighting system and a winch considering the Rx only has 3 channels?

Also, if I want a scale body is the Tamiya the best ones to look at? Thinking maybe a Cherokee or Land Rover.

Sounds like for upgrades the steering links and lower links should be upgraded asap along with a BEC and 3s lipo?

I do not want to go crazy with upgrades but want to do a few smart things
photocycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New Owner with Questions

I was a bit different, I pulled out the stock radio and used my Spektrum AR7010 radio and my DX9 radio. I use my winch with a flip of a switch and have separate head lights and fog lights control.
Sailingeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

You can use a Y-adapter to connect the lights and winch to the 3rd channel input. You wouldn't have any control since the radio is only a 2 channel but at least they would both get power. If you want to control everything from the radio, then you need a new radio.

TowerHobbies.com | Traxxas Servo Connector Y Adapter Revo

The only Cherokee body that is readily available is the Proline one and that would require shortening your truck's wheelbase. RC4WD makes an awesome looking hard body D90 but is a really short wheelbase (like almost 2 full inches shorter than your truck). Reign RC also makes a grill that glues onto the Axial Dingo body that makes it look like a Defender which is pretty cool but again it requires a shorter wheelbase. I'm pretty sure to get either type of body you are after, then your truck's wheelbase has to be shortened unless you have some plastic wizardry skills to stretch the bodies.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thx, what other scale bodies would work with the wheelbase? Looking again for something scale like the Tamiya bodies
photocycler is offline   Reply With Quote

New Owner with Questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to rc and new wraith owner questions jwall046 Newbie General 5 11-29-2013 08:34 PM
New owner, couple of questions concretejungle Axial XR10 10 12-02-2011 11:04 AM
New LCC owner, some questions dont slow down Team Losi Comp Crawler 23 09-21-2010 02:52 PM
New AX-10 owner questions Trimmy Newbie General 4 12-28-2007 06:33 PM
New WK owner with questions RC_Feen HPI Wheely King 5 04-21-2007 09:11 PM