Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2015, 04:30 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6

Are you still running the battery in the rear? Just wondering how its working out for you, I usually end up mounting mine up front.
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2015, 05:41 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Servicing your truck becomes such a breeze when you've got someone as legendary as Cap'ain Jack Sparrow helping you!

Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 05:42 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
Are you still running the battery in the rear? Just wondering how its working out for you, I usually end up mounting mine up front.
Yep it's in the rear, I used to run it up front in my Dingo but I see no actual difference so leaving it at the rear.
It actually helps when coming down steep stuff, especially now I've fitted a winch and my LEDs are up and working too
Old 08-23-2015, 06:31 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

Got my Yeah Racing winch put on, switched to the stock plastic bumper for a few reasons, it's not as wide as the steel one, it's also a little bit more subtle, which I wanted with the winch adding some clutter to the front end... I don't plan on doing much strenuous winching so it shouldn't rip off the bumper, all being well.
Also decided to improve on my original idea for never losing body clips again, I think it turned out rather well... Actually looks exactly as I wanted it too, the old chain I used was very weak and crap and broke off all 4 bodyclips pretty much straight away.
This stuff is much stronger and it takes a lot of force to snap it by hand, so that should do the job nicely!
LED's are now all hooked up and working properly.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:04 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
Yep it's in the rear, I used to run it up front in my Dingo but I see no actual difference so leaving it at the rear.
It actually helps when coming down steep stuff, especially now I've fitted a winch and my LEDs are up and working too
It actually does make a huge difference, but I guess it depends on if you spend more time climbing up hills or going down them.....lol
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:29 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Nice, looks like you're enjoying your SCX10! That place with the larger slabs of rock on the hillside looked quite nice for play. How you liking your 1.9 RokLox and what foams are you using in them?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:46 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
HobbyWing 1060 brushed ESC and an Axial 27t motor, Turnigy 6v BEC.
It all suits the truck pretty well.... I'm not too fussed, I didn't buy expensive electrics just because I didn't really see the point, I knew it was going to be getting very wet and muddy, and these eleectrics work perfect, so it seemed the obvious choice lol.
are you using 3S batteries with that HobbyWing 1060 esc?
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:15 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

After many hours of attempting to upload these, they're all finally done.
Figured it was time for a little update.
Few images from at Williamson Park and then a few from my local spot and also my new range of LED's installed
Also a little bit of winching fun, I wasn't stuck it was just for the pictures.
Enjoy.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Nice, looks like you're enjoying your SCX10! That place with the larger slabs of rock on the hillside looked quite nice for play. How you liking your 1.9 RokLox and what foams are you using in them?
It's pretty good and yeah I'm enjoying it.
I am liking the Rok Lox over the Trepadors.
Not the best on loose surfaces, although I think that's partly down to my truck being on the heavier side... But on rocks on good surfaces the grip is sublime
Foams are standard Axial if I remember rightly, cut into stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 View Post
are you using 3S batteries with that HobbyWing 1060 esc?
No bud, I only run 2s more than enough torque and wheelspeed, I've never seen a need for more power so I'm staying with 2s.
The 1060 can easily handle a 3s though, I ran one with a 35T motor in my Wraith and it never got hot, I just kept killing motors but the ESC kept going!

I actually burned a motor out in my Wraith on the last trip out and I melted the end of the can on that 14t Modified I had in, so I'm on an RC4WD 55t right now, going to buy another one when funds allow me to though, since moving house money has unfortunately been tighter than I'd like :(
Old 08-28-2015, 04:48 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Better shots of the lighting.

Added rears now too!

Old 08-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Everytime I see pics from UK crawlers I get jealous at the nice rolling grass fields and rocks piles scattered throughout. Nice pics.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

I actually favour woodland areas and used to love trailing and crawling my old stomping ground before the house move.
But we do still go back to near the old place every now and again, it's just quite a far drive there and back.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:53 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

So guys, this hasn't turned a wheel for a while, mainly due to personal things getting in the way, but as far as upgrades go, it's where I want it to be, in my mind it's 'finished' and I'm wanting to try my hand at something new.
So, I've had Wraiths, SCX10 D90, RC4WD G2 D90, RC4WD TF2 Hilux, RC4WD Toyota FJ40, Cross-RC 8x8x4, SCX10 Dingo, obviously this G6, also had a Tamiya King Hauler with trailers, so I'm just wondering what you guys could suggest, something I might have not seen or overlooked when I've been searching online for project rigs?
I don't want a Tamiya CC-01, I've had that suggested a lot but the Pajero thing just isn't my taste.
Also looked at the Beast 2, but I'm not totally sold on it yet.
Any suggestions would be very welcomed
Hope you all enjoyed Christmas and are looking forward to many new rigs in 2016!
Old 12-28-2015, 04:19 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

I love my little twin hammers. Also touring cars can be really scale.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:47 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Definitely looking for off road so a touring car is out and when I used a Twin Hammer, it just didn't really do it for me, but thank you for the suggestions
I'm really liking the idea of the D110 Gelande II, but the thing is it's $100 more than the Beast 2, so it just leaves me wondering if I should try a Beast 2, as I've had many 4x4's and an 8x8, but never a 6x6 yet.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:19 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

6 x 6 is definitely a different beast to drive. You could always build a short web truck, 10" is awesome.
I have seen good things about the asender and I am looking at the new Hpi rig.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:25 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
6 x 6 is definitely a different beast to drive. You could always build a short web truck, 10" is awesome.
I have seen good things about the asender and I am looking at the new Hpi rig.
You've got me there, what's a short web mean? (I'm assuming not just short wheelbase?)
And I also looked at the SWB TF2 chassis to put something on but I can't find anything that's even close in wheelbase lol.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:48 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You've got me there, what's a short web mean? (I'm assuming not just short wheelbase?)
And I also looked at the SWB TF2 chassis to put something on but I can't find anything that's even close in wheelbase lol.
Yeah stupid auto correct. When you go that short, it is usually custom. STRC used to sell a swb scx10 chassis.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:19 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Yeah stupid auto correct. When you go that short, it is usually custom. STRC used to sell a swb scx10 chassis.
It has been a thought to build a really SWB rig.
But the body is my main concern.
I know that if I go with something like a Land Rover or a Hilux body, I won't be so careful this time round, I know mistakes can be fixed, so I will definitely be a little more willing to modify and make it look good/better than my last one.
Currently trying to work out a deal with a guy for a brand new sealed TF2 I body, I prefer how the V1 body looks, so hopefully we can do a deal, then I can decide on chassis.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:41 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

So, this rig has provided me with almost a year of smiles, well over 100 hours of use, I think it's time to freshen it up a bit.
Ordered some CI foams to replace the stock ones, also thinking of switching to 3s, going low on gearing, for pure torque and smoother throttle.
Just ordered a handful of 48DP Robinson Racing pinions ranging from 12t-18t.
Currently running 20/87 (I actually thought it was 18/87)
So the plan is 12t pinion to begin with, 3s LiPo (using one of the ones I have here, it's almost 500g and huge, but it fits and it will just be a base for torque 'settings') Hobbywing 1060, Ace DS1015 and my trusty RC4WD 35t motor.
Fingers crossed my foams don't take too long to arrive so I can test them and hopefully see some improvement

OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM