Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Farmer View Post
And again to be clear not bashing or nay saying SSD, love their products, just thought they'd have a more gooder solution, but in time they may. I'm still himming and hawing wether to just nut up and proceed anyhow or be frugal with the ole pocket wallet and in time hope for a V2 of the SSD axle housing! Good Luck w your readings! Time to turn the wrench!(niece's wraith is getting Boom tubes, yea!)
It's all good man, bad comments are welcome, it doesn't mean you dislike a company, just their maybe an issue you're trying to point out, that's the only way things improve and in my opinion, it's good to get both positive and negative feedback.
Otherwise we'd all have identical trucks and their wouldn't be so much choice
Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2016, 09:47 AM   #82
Rock Crawler

So, here's some test footage of onboard my SCX10.
The main goals were to see what the footage came out like, whether it be shaky or not, which I don't think it's too bad.
Also I needed to see how the truck would handle with the extra weight, on the front and up quite high, pleased to say it didn't actually seem to alter the truck very much.
The reasons for the bad driving are a new suspension set up which is untested, a completely new place that I've never gone up or down before and being behind the truck makes it more difficult.
I'd really appreciate some new subscribers and viewers
I'd also appreciate some opinions on what you think of the footage, I think it came out okay in terms of quality/vibrations, but I'd really value some input.
Part two of this will be uploaded soon.
Please also feel free to share/commentlike etc... It's all very appreciated

Last edited by Oh How Original; 08-11-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:24 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

Here is part two of the previous video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roUQ...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Well, seeing as I got a bearing stuck in my old knuckles and couldn't get them out no matter what I tried, I decided to buy some new ones and opted for the SSD Pro ones, due to Vanquish not being in stock in the colour I wanted.

Impressed with the build quality, bearing is a good tight fit (may again cause problems removing them when the time comes, but we'll see) and I may very well order the matching SSD Pro Chubs to go along with them.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:03 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

Had my Yeti and SCX10 out this evening.

Very enjoyable time, although the SCX10 seems to keep wanting to stop and it's making a screeching noise.

I'm not 100% sure what it is yet, but I'll investigate it at some point.

The Yeti ran fine until I snapped something on the front end, I've yet to find out if it's a knuckle or chubs or the arm itself, will also investigate that further and buy parts as needed.

Gives me something to do tomorrow anyway!

Splish splash!

Just reflecting on the evenings events ;)

Wave your leg in the air like you just don't care!

SCX10 getting some.... AIR?!

Ohh no, that's a bit steeper than I thought.

Nooo, I can't hold her Captain... She's going down!

Old 09-11-2016, 03:21 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

I discovered the horrible noise was a dirty motor that had worn the brushes away, swapped it out, all sorted.
Another thing, when at full lock, it seems to stutter a bit, randomly started happening so I don't think it's anything mechanical because I've checked everything over, nothing is loose, fresh bearings recently, so I've ordered a new BEC to see if it's that.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:22 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

Not had this out for quite a while (sadly :( ) but I did decide to treat her to some new tyres, so bought some 1.9 Pitbull Growlers.

Took a few comparison photos compared to the Rok Lox I took off her.

First shots are without foams, second shots are all mounted with stock 2 stage foams in the Growlers and some Crawler Innovations in the Rok Lox.

Gave her a little test run in the garden, not exactly an in depth test, but they seem to handle really rather nicely and I'm certainly looking forward to getting a proper run in with them on

Also digging the slightly increased ride height, the more aggressive tread and the overall look of them.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:37 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

I got chance to test out the Growlers today, it was another good opportunity for some more film testing too, so here's some pictures and footage from the day.
I don't think I've done enough testing to give my personal opinion of the Growlers, but so far, not really lived up to the 'hype' they certainly are okay, but for anything other than rocks, they get stuck an awful lot and my Rok Lox (which ironically, are great on rocks too) hook up much nicer.
I didn't manage to get through any of the mud unaided, even though my Rok Lox would have done and have done many times.
Despite being a taller tyre, I still felt I got stuck more often than with my Rok Lox, following very similar lines as what I have done in this area before.
Will hopefully get to Williamson Park with the truck soon, as I've run my Rok Lox in there much much more and will be able to see how these perform on different surfaces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-78m...ature=youtu.be

Old 10-15-2016, 06:22 AM   #89
Rock Crawler

Took the SCX10 for some more tyre testing yesterday, primarily there to run the boats but chucked it in the car as well to test on some good rocks.
It certainly surprised me how well it performed.
These tyres are definitely good, my previous disappointment maybe a combination of not using them on the right terrain, plus high expectations, and many others, I'm not really sure, but they definitely grip well on the rocks.
These are stock two stage foams, no wheel weights, no additives, I'm running Losi comp crawler shocks, which definitely help.
I am looking forward to getting some more run time on these, especially on the rocks, so expect more videos!
Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR4A...ature=youtu.be

Old 10-16-2016, 02:05 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Well, I really like my new Vanquish rims... It seems so does Kim, seeing as she's guarding them at knife point... Going to have to do some smooth talking if I want to take this rig out again

Old 10-30-2016, 11:12 AM   #91
Rock Crawler

Here's another installation of our crawlers, my SCX10 and my Dads Scout.
Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R6Z...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-27-2017, 09:11 AM   #92
Rock Crawler

Well my baby hasn't had a run out for many months now sadly.
That changed yesterday *stretched her legs a bit in the quarry, really enjoyable, I so easily forget how damn good this thing is... If I was ever homeless and living under a bridge somewhere, this thing would be in a box right next to me!
Here's some pictures I took along the way *enjoy!

Old 06-09-2017, 01:28 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

Bit of footage with my SCX10 here... First part is my 6 y/o nephew, this is his first time even holding a transmitter, after 2 or 3 minutes of getting used to the throttle, he was driving it as good as me!!
This is only a small bit of his driving I filmed on my phone, but I'd be really interested to see how he does with his own, if I can find a nice cheap stock one for him to use, he has some issues and as such, has a very short attention span and gets angry very easily, but he really enjoyed this run, so fingers crossed I find one and we might get some side by side running**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVeJ...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-13-2017, 01:51 PM   #94

[QUOTE=Oh How Original;5149142]Well we did indeed get out... Almost 3 hours from each battery and that put them both to 3.8v per cell, so could easily have 3 1/2 hours from the packs, mine are 1,000mAh bigger but my motor is a bit faster, so they end up lasting the exact same time.

No breakages, apart from a LiPo buzzer, but I was hitting the puddles and mud hard, absolutely loving it!
No video as of yet I'm afraid, I did manage to snap a few pictures on the way round though, hope you like!

What type of battery are you using? Can you get me a link on ebay or so? Im only using nihm's and theyr done after 15 minutes or so, 4600mah and thats on the stock 27T enginr and ae-2 esc with 2.2 air filled tyresDid you use a smaller battery for the winch?
Realy like your rig! Looks realy nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dapper_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:55 AM   #95
Rock Crawler

Tested my new onboard mounting angles on the SCX10 and gave the Hero Session a good waterproof test!

Old 10-24-2017, 10:11 AM   #96
Rock Stacker

How does that impact its ability to crawl? Looks like it would get in the way a lot. I like the angles it gets though, makes for some cool pics!
mjotrainbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:15 AM   #97
RCC Addict

how did you mount the rear view? Any videos?
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:19 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjotrainbrain View Post
How does that impact its ability to crawl? Looks like it would get in the way a lot. I like the angles it gets though, makes for some cool pics!
Well, in this position, it sticks out quite a bit, but I had it mounted a bit low, it really was just for a quick test video.
I now know I can have it sat closer and higher, so it shouldn't stick out much further than a regular bumper, especially if you run a winch.
It's also not too heavy of a camera either, so about 3 or 4 winds of preload and the suspension was sat flush.
I don't think I'd run it if I planned to go hard on the truck, primarily because I wouldn't want to risk damaging the camera, but overall, once I have the mounts set up properly, I imagine it will just be like running a stinger bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 View Post
how did you mount the rear view? Any videos?
I will have a video to come yes, keep an eye out if you aren't already, subscribe to my channel and you should see when it goes up.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkU...fS72iiNUpEam-w

Not sure if anyone would want to see, but I might even make a quick how-to video on how I mount, not sure yet though.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:24 PM   #99
RCC Addict

yes, please do make a video of how you mount the rear
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:48 PM   #100
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 View Post
yes, please do make a video of how you mount the rear
You aren't the only one to ask about it, so I will do I also have a design idea for perfect 50/50 weight distribution while having the camera on the side, but it'll take a little bit of fab work.

OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM