Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2015, 11:06 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZ View Post
Looking good.You appear to be having a blast.I didn't catch what ESC & motor your running.Im too chicken to run mine through the mud & muck.Even though I used the MG conformal coating on mr RX's & ESC's.
HobbyWing 1060 brushed ESC and an Axial 27t motor, Turnigy 6v BEC.
It all suits the truck pretty well.... I'm not too fussed, I didn't buy expensive electrics just because I didn't really see the point, I knew it was going to be getting very wet and muddy, and these eleectrics work perfect, so it seemed the obvious choice lol.
Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Another play out today, initially took the SC10 out, but after 2 minutes I hit a puddle and it jut stopped dead, not sure if it's ESC or rx, pretty sure it's ESC, no matter though.
Good thing I had my SCX10 in my bag :P
Whilst I grabbed the SCX10 out of my bag, I almost stepped on this little fellow, so decided to grab a few pictures of him just walking along the trail.
Also had a weird noise whilst on the way round but ploughed on anyway, thought it was mud in the motor, but got back and realised it was a wheel/axle bearing, so decided to give it a good strip down and a bit of a service, fresh bearings and grease all round, ready for tomorrow!

Old 03-30-2015, 02:31 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

After taking the cage off this today to do some bodyshell repairs, I gave it a good wash (cleanish) and decided the rear does look a bit plain, especially when it's clean, so I decided to go back for the netted look.
I've also started work on a toolbox for it, like the Gelande 2, it will be fully functional and locking.
It is a bit bigger than the G2's, so not sure what to carry yet, more than likely just body clips, a few nuts and bolts, maybe some hexes etc... We shall see what will fit!

Old 03-31-2015, 02:53 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Well, rather unfortunately, this can't happen.
It's built exactly as I want so far, but I lined it up, and theirs no way of getting the body clips in the rear :(
So I have put it in the TF2, nobody seems to want to buy it, so figured I might as well carry on my plans for that, which was ultimately going to get a decent sized toolbox as well.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:47 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

I went for a run with this yesterday, I planned on staying out a while so took two packs with me, almost 5 hours later I was back home, really really good run, went somewhere a bit further into the quarry also, it's a never ending cralwers paradise quite frankly, such a great place to play!
I also got a nice panorama view from were I sat for a few minutes and just relaxed, this only shows a very small portion even as a panorama, but you get the idea you'll be best clicking the panorama shot and getting it full sized.
Only one breakage from the day and that was a bolt came out from one of the knuckles, no matter, stick another one in and off you go

Old 04-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Holy friggin' photo dump!

I found that if I use my mouses scroll wheel and scroll down fast enough it flows like flip book.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:37 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Well I failed in the video department and I figure if people on here are like me, their can't be too many pictures on a rigs thread, so there you go :P
Old 04-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Had a little run today, it poured down all night and this morning, but it perked right up mid-afternoon so I thought it'd be rude not to go and get the G6 muddy
Did a little video too, you'll have to forgive it's imperfections, it's hard holding a big heavy DLSR while driving the truck and trying not to fall down the banking that was right beside me
I have ordered an action camera though, primarily for my Baja, but it should also serve me well in filming my crawlers and scalers too, so expect more footage in future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtHZ...ature=youtu.be

Got it muddy, but not to worry, the joys of fully waterproof RC's, chuck it in the bath

Old 04-12-2015, 04:52 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

My wife would shoot me! Looks like a blast running through the muck & mire!!!
RiderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:59 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Joys of being single I guess lol.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #31

The blue looks great! Especially with the wheel/tyre combo.
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Had another play out with this today, performed excellent as always.

Decided to have a little play on some rocks and some crawlery stuff today.

Then at the end I had a play in a sand pit LOL!

Old 04-17-2015, 04:32 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

This is hopefully better and more enjoyable than the last lol.
Would appreciate some feedback as well still new to this whole filming malarky.

Also yes I do get my foot in the shot at one point, you'll have to ignore that, and their was nothing I could do about the lads riding the bike, so again, ignore that.
I'm not trying to make my trucks look full size and whatnot, I just want to follow my little adventures round and hopefully you guys enjoy coming along with me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK-VBOdVzyU
Old 04-18-2015, 05:17 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Decided to put the old Axial shocks back on, the Boomerangs are in need of a service, they still feel pretty smooth but they've been submerged so many times and got so dirty, I'm going to rebuild all 4 anyway, can't hurt.

I also just fancied a change and figured now I've well used the droop set up, I'll go back to sprung for as little bit and see what I think.

So, old shocks on for a run today, probably going to give her a full strip down annd service/rebuild as well, everything is looking a bit dirty so going to put all new bearings, oils, greases etc etc...

Had to remove the front bumper as it was fouling the servo horn with the longer shocks on, I quite like it without, might have to keep it like this for a little bit just to switch it up :P

Old 04-18-2015, 03:58 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Here's the videos from today.
Yes, I know some of the lines are the same as the previous one, but that was because I wanted to feel the difference in the shocks... I was also attempting to try different camera angles in the same places to see which I prefer.

These first few videos I've been uploading are mainly just testers, to get everything set up correctly.
Either way, feedback is always very welcome and appreciated and I hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8phg...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-10-2015, 03:55 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Not had this out for a little while and my Dad finished work early yesterday so we decided to check out another new area and see if it's any good.
It actually was, rather annoyingly I left my camera in the car but got a few snaps with my phone on the trail.
Few taken at the end with the DSLR in the water.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:50 AM   #37
Pebble Pounder

a have to agree with the others', the color, wheels, tires, all perfect.i'm really digging those wheels, I have been in love with the method wheels,but I think now I have a new love!great action shots also.good job.
flatfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:17 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Holy friggin' photo dump!

I found that if I use my mouses scroll wheel and scroll down fast enough it flows like flip book.
50 to be exact i thought this was a build not a photo gallery..nice job
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:44 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Not been on here for a while, kind of neglected the hobby a bit over the last few months, this truck hasn't turned a wheel in almost 3 months, I've also moved house, I had some issues with my health and just stopped for a little while.
Sadly the new house doesn't really have any locations for crawling and such, so I have decided to add a little bit more speed to this rig, lighten it up a bit and hopefully do a bit of more bashing/fast running over round grounds and see what happens.
So, in keeping with changing, I have decided to give it a little bit of a change in direction looks wise also!
I've got a 4" lightbar on the way, forgotten if it's an RC4WD or Vanquish, I bought it over a year ago then sold it to my friend on a rig and then now I'm getting it back.
I've chopped the rear of the cage off, for a slightly more 'buggy' look, I've also finally been able to add the fully locking and operational toolbox I made, now I can get to the body clips easily.
The advantage is I have a complete spare cage so if I decide I don't like it when all's said and done, no problem I can just go back to how it was!
I've also ordered an 80t spur to replace the stock 87t for more wheel speed and I'm switching from my Axial 27t motor to an Etronix Modified 14t motor.
Hoping these two modifications including the weight saving will help get the speed I want, if not, then I may just go brushless!
ANOTHER BAD THINg about the house move is the Internet is very poor, so I won't be able to spam you guys with pictures and videos anymore, but I will still try and keep up with demand and I know a few of you enjoy looking through
So, with that in mind, here's where I'm up to so far.
The netting still needs cleaning up obviously, it's not finished

Old 07-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

glad to see you are back truck still looks great!
ScGRaceR is offline   Reply With Quote

OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM