Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: The Scale Shop chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2015, 09:32 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default The Scale Shop chassis

Hi all,
Who's running The Scale Shop chassis? Was it what you expected? Any pitfalls, such as CMS or internal frame pieces not fitting? Also are you running steel or aluminum?

Thanks,
Scott
T4rscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
Moderator Rule Breaker

Default Re: The Scale Shop chassis

It should work better than stock chassis. Improved suspension geometry is it high point and more clearance for a cms kit.

Only downside I could see is that your bumpers will be higher.

Alum vs Steel... Alum going to be lighter. Steel is heavier, but if you plan doing tube work you can weld straight to chassis if one wanted.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:06 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I have one ordered, but not yet received it. Aluminum, as I try to avoid adding weight when possible.
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I am running a steel scale shop chassis. Love the clearance and with the delrin skid it slides over everything. I went steel because I fab my own bumpers and what not. This is one of my most capable rigs too
Solid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:03 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Some light reading. Running curries and a panhard bar setup. Just some length tweaking on the panhard bar is needed. Best fix would be to make a little longer chassis panhard mount bracket.

Szczerba's #3744 Jeepspeed Cherokee

Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:34 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I dontt personally run a TSS frame, I want with JCAD (was the only aluminum option at the time) but I'm currently setting up my buddies like I did with mine.

We both are going to run 4 link for the performance and durability but if axle clearance isn't a big deal you could chop the shock hoops off and bolt in factory type ones in. This will lower your belly a half inch and with the flat skid you'll be close to what a stock scx10 is. I ran my JCAD like this at the rausch creek g6 and performance was insane. Very stable, granted it only weighs 6.5 lbs with aluminum wheels, hd gearing, beef tubes out back and brass splined tubes up front.

Here are some pics and examples

802coma is offline   Reply With Quote

The Scale Shop chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~The Scale Shop~ PPC Scale Chassis Series! STANG KILLA SS Scale parts 15 07-01-2013 03:12 AM
~The Scale Shop~ New Cliff Climber Chassis ~CCX~ STANG KILLA SS Chassis and Suspension 6 01-03-2010 10:07 AM
~The Scale Shop~ New Cliff Climber Chassis ~CCX~ STANG KILLA SS Duratrax Cliff Climber 35 09-30-2009 09:18 AM
~The Scale Shop~ Custom Chassis Sale! STANG KILLA SS Scale parts 0 09-17-2008 07:38 AM