Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Here she is! My first Scale Crawler!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #21

Default Re: Here she is! My first Scale Crawler!

That sounds like a good solution to. Right now my body is only attached with the front clips and the clip on the tire rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
emerstride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #22

Update:

Went for another modification today! I found a forward battery mount kit on thingiverse and had my roommate 3d print it for me! It didn't fit quite right, but with a little engineering, we got it working perfectly! It barely squeezes under the body and has enough space underneath as to not interfere with articulation.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #23

While I was relocating my battery, I decided to finally move my body back 1/4 of an inch. In its original position, the body was rubbing with very little flex, and it looked funny. In a moment of genius I took the back body supports and moved them to the front, giving the offset. I then took the front supports and placed them in the back so that they would support the body, but they do not go through any holes or get pinned. I pined the back down with the spare tire carrier and it is perfect!

Old 11-01-2015, 10:15 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Can't tell what esc you have, but ditch the nimh packs. Just get a $4 low voltage alarm on ebay if your esc doesn't have a buit in cut off.
I like that hard top body. I'm personally not crazy about the mocking Jay logo... but it's not my truck so who caresaid what I think. Lol

That battery tray looks excessively complicated. And the battery is still super high. Look around on the forum here for ways to mount your battery sideways behind the front wheels. You can do it with all stock parts for free. Way cleaner setup and lower CG.

Last edited by Pavmentsurfer; 11-01-2015 at 10:18 PM.
Pavmentsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavmentsurfer View Post
Can't tell what esc you have, but ditch the nimh packs. Just get a $4 low voltage alarm on ebay if your esc doesn't have a buit in cut off.
I like that hard top body. I'm personally not crazy about the mocking Jay logo... but it's not my truck so who caresaid what I think. Lol

That battery tray looks excessively complicated. And the battery is still super high. Look around on the forum here for ways to mount your battery sideways behind the front wheels. You can do it with all stock parts for free. Way cleaner setup and lower CG.

Thanks for the tips! I don't have many of the spare parts, as the seller didn't have them anymore. Upgrading to lipo power is on my to do list, but near the bottom. I don't mind the nimh packs for what I'm doing, and the rig came with three. The battery is definitely higher than I'd like it - I am thinking about reprinting the mount so it is lower; I just need to take a few measurements so that it doesn't bump the servo.

A new body is on my Christmas list. I don't mind the mocking jay logo, but I want to make the truck mine. I have whole scheme for what I'd eventually want it to look like: snorkel, light bar, a WW2 nose art inspired hood decoration, green paint, a winch, and on and on and on. If only you didn't have to pay credit card bills...

Old 11-02-2015, 11:00 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

If you have access to a 3D printer, you could make something really cool for the battery.

Check out post #4 in my dingo thread. I did a step by step on relocating the battery for free with just stock parts. Many you'd have already just with what the truck came with. If you could 3D print a few small things you could make it really nice.
paves dingo build
Pavmentsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Here she is! My first Scale Crawler! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
micro crawler scale trailer and accessories scale mod compilations hobby machine Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 2 04-26-2015 02:57 PM