Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: SCX10 6x6 Build Shopping List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2015, 04:02 AM   #1

Default SCX10 6x6 Build Shopping List

Hi guys,
I have been increasingly interested in the SCX10 and the 6x6 mod that people do to it, that makes it more capable in my opinion. I did not realize how hard it would be to get a solid build list that could be applied to any SCX10 using pre-made RC parts, you know, like not having to weld and cut up your own aluminum frame. Anyway I have put together what i believe is a complete parts list if you want to do a 6x6 build. It is based on the Oil Field truck that RC Sparks recently bought off his friend, and also the 6x6 in his tough truck videos with the green general honcho body. This list purposely excludes tyres, wheels and shocks so you can choose your own depending on what you have on your truck already. This list may not be complete (pretty sure it is) so correct me if i am wrong but here it is. The list is also in Australian dollars, you can convert it to U.S dollars or any other currency at XE.com

RIGHT CLICK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB because for some reason it wont open and i cant put in attachments!

Last edited by Luke_burrell; 11-14-2015 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Photo Upload Glitch
Luke_burrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: SCX10 6x6 Build Shopping List

Take a look at my threads.. I built a 6x6.. Basically everything is pre built parts for the SCX10 except the frame extension but that's not hard..

Need a full built axle package from axial
Ring and pinion set (only need the ring gear)
Axle housing (only need half for second out drive)
Pinion shaft for diff and bearings for second out drive
Links for upper and lower, use the 4 link on the 3rd axle and mount the top and bottom links to the back of the 2nd axle where shocks and links would go
Mine has a Panhard built in but I have rear steering.
Driveshaft should be around 60-70mm between the axles
Good idea to use an aluminum H brace at the back instead of the plastic.. I run an STRC one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drewmtb29 is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10 6x6 Build Shopping List - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Build "Navy Cut" prelim shopping list Orph3o Axial XR10 57 05-12-2012 07:56 PM
I need a shopping list rc-aggie Newbie General 6 05-14-2010 04:41 AM
Shopping list LST022752 HPI Wheely King 5 11-28-2007 08:41 AM
Shopping list cripper Newbie General 3 07-14-2007 10:39 PM
TLT Shopping List rok ej Newbie General 5 01-10-2007 10:53 PM