Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Help, first scx10 many questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2016, 11:33 PM   #1

Question Help, first scx10 many questions

Hi all. I've been lurking for quite some time and finally got my chance to jump into the hobby. Let me start off by apologizing for this long winded post, ill try to keeo it short. I just traded for this scx10 as it sits.

I know it needs new links, I'll probably just replace them all. The shocks need some tlc, one cap is broke but i think ill stick with these stock shocks. I'm going to wire up a deans plug tomorrow and see that the motor and tx/rx check out. Anyway, here are the pictures, can anyone else see what I need to get it running, I'm not looking for the best of the best, just something to run the rocks and trails with. Im also in need of a body, what is the most common wheelbase for lexan bodies? And how are these tires? Thanks all.

Last edited by too many hobbies; 08-07-2016 at 11:36 PM.
too many hobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2016, 12:16 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Help, first scx10 many questions

I'd personally tear it down and scrub it and paint some of it. Unless you're wanting to beat it in some mud soon.

The shocks are missing a lot of eyes and the ball ends are likely worn out, too. Cheapest is probably a new set.

The front battery tray is blocking the axle's travel. Raise it some on spacers and take off the rear one. Or leave the rear and remove the front.

Get a 2s lipo if you done have one. 2200mAh or more will be a decent run time. That ESC is only good for 2s also.

Proline makes a pile of bodies to choose from. Pick one and buy links for that wheels base. Two birds stoned at once. The battery placement front or rear may determine which body.

#CamBrady2017
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:53 AM   #3

The standard wheel base on an scx10 is 12.3" so any body in that range will fit but its best to measure what you have now or order up links and a body to match.

Like already mentioned the shocks look like they have seen better days and may be cheaper to buy new even if they are just stock replacements.

The C hubs on the front axle dont look too good either.
Chris83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:00 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

With the amount of dirt and mud on it, you may want to open the axles and check for water and mud.

#CamBrady2017
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:09 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

This thing makes my head hurt looking at it with all the mismatched pieces and obvious lack of caring. If it were mine, I think I would do a complete tear down and clean and inspect every part.

There is a bent link, the axle housings look really worn, mismatched drive shafts, various odd ball hardware from who knows where, not sure what is going on on the C-hubs, missing rear cross member, the list goes on and on.

I think you may find a lot more issues than just needing a body and some links. HTH.
JDM74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:20 AM   #6

Thanks for the heads up guys. Im thinking this thing will grt s full tear down and start from the ground up.
too many hobbies is offline   Reply With Quote

Help, first scx10 many questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First SCX10 and have some questions... Markeje Axial SCX-10 8 02-18-2014 06:50 PM
SCX10 questions road_rascal Axial SCX-10 7 06-06-2013 09:24 PM
new scx10 questions arp1500 Axial SCX-10 4 04-07-2012 07:00 PM
Some SCX10 questions 0124vctd Newbie General 8 04-13-2010 04:05 PM