Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: A lesson Learned the hard way.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2016, 07:32 PM   #1

Default A lesson Learned the hard way.

So as a total newbie to rc I am expecting to make rookie mistakes. My buddy an I bought matching Casey Currie Jeeps and have had them for a couple of weeks. We run a lot of dunes at the local beach. Last time we went out our motors were sounding pretty grim after our session. No amount of cleaner or air did any good this time. So we went to our local hobby store and bought new sealed XTM 60 Brushless 3900kv motors and ESC's. They will accept 2 or 3S. Installed mine and bingo it works just fine. Thought we had it down pat and dived into Daves Jeep. LOL All hooked up turned on the ESC and somehow I shorted the battery wire when I pushed in on the adapter on the Venom Battery. Big problem. Smoke and sparks from the Battery, ESC, And The CAP Pack. About 125 bucks up in smoke. Luckily the stock stuff was still there so we swapped back. Now I have to buy a new setup to replace the burned up one. I learned that LIPO's are very strong. I am going install a circuit breaker on the power lead when it goes back together. But Dave's wife got a brand new Slash 4x4 so she's happy.
Gunner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: A lesson Learned the hard way.

See if XTM Will replace it. They should be able to because it's a manufacturer defect is what is sounds like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MM5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

3900kv on an otherwise stock scx... the expensive lessons haven't even started.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:07 PM   #4

No I blew it all my fault. I'll replace it next week.. I know it is more that I need but thats ok. I don't have much in the way of rocks here but we have small dunes. So I crawl what I can but need some wheel speed too. Billet two speed trans and Currie Axles are in my build plan. This is where we run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC262RMKFAM

Bought another 27 stock motor to go back in. Decided to have fun with it as a project. I bought a Slash 4x4 to run the sand with. I hope to have a fun axial project going soon.

Last edited by THX_138; 11-30-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Gunner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:00 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner1 View Post
Bought another 27 stock motor to go back in. Decided to have fun with it as a project. I bought a Slash 4x4 to run the sand with. I hope to have a fun axial project going soon.
Hahaha new to RC, bought a Slash, gonna use the jeep as a project; you my friend are showing early signs of rc affliction.
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote

A lesson Learned the hard way. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
important lesson learned today. Docwolf Electronics 14 08-13-2013 08:02 AM
Talk about a hard lesson learned. crash Chit Chat 37 09-15-2009 10:57 PM
lesson learned MonsterDDT Tamiya CR-01 4 12-12-2008 04:38 PM