Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: trailing arms and advice? "pic heavy"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2016, 02:09 PM   #1

Default trailing arms and advice? "pic heavy"

whats the benefits of having trailing set up? my bottom links are the same length of the yeti trailing arms, that i have spare. should i put them in.. i would loose ground clearance. But i would get more flex? so it dose not really matter? not sure what to do, i have found out that on a local meet mine tends to topple over quite easy? so need more flex to combat that?

if the pics are not working here is the album..

http://imgur.com/a/pJDj0

pics:

Last edited by amatris1996; 10-05-2016 at 02:16 PM.
amatris1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: trailing arms and advice? "pic heavy"

I previously ran trailing arms in one of my rigs and here's my 2 cents for what its worth:

A trailing arm set up is really better suited to high speed applications where suspension cycle is quick.

I saw an increase in flex, too much. I ended up having to run limit straps to keep the flex under control. It was a cool set up for the fact that it flexed like it did but in the end a better balanced rig with a lower center of gravity performed much better and was much more predictable.
I don't know that you would be able to compete in a scale comp class one or two running trailing arms but I could be totally wrong if someone wants to correct me on this. I would think those would push you into a class three with that suspension set up and that rig would not be competitive in C3. I would stick to the set up you have and work on a better weight distribution and driving skills rather than increasing flex.
It also teaches you to drive smarter and pick better lines when your rig has "realistic" suspension qualities.
If you are toppling you may need to put weight lower in the chassis, move batteries down and forward, etc.
Like I said this is just my 2 cents and since no else weighed in I figured I'd share.
mr.rick is offline   Reply With Quote

trailing arms and advice? "pic heavy" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wild Willies trailing "brothers in arms" magic2002 Videos! 0 01-07-2015 05:31 AM
The Crawl Space "Rock Bull" Unimog. (pic heavy) The Crawl Space Axial SCX-10 49 08-14-2014 09:15 AM
"The Rocker" Ford F250 Crew Cab(Pic heavy) gottorque 1.9 Scale Rigs 59 09-19-2012 08:03 PM
SCX10/Creeper Scaler FJ40 "The Grinch" (Pic Heavy) CruisinMT General Scale Talk 16 03-21-2012 08:35 AM
The Wife's new build. "Hucklebeary Honcho" Pic Heavy! VanceH 1.9 Scale Rigs 12 03-20-2012 05:17 PM