Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Webbls SCX10 Hard Body Blazer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2018, 04:32 PM   #81
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Webbls SCX10 Hard Body Blazer

Every bada$$ trail rig needs a tach, right?
webbl19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2018, 04:46 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Ok now that's sweet. You printed it?
Rickleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #83
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickleo View Post
Ok now that's sweet. You printed it?
Yeah. Printed it and then painted it during a conference call lol
Old 02-08-2018, 05:06 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

When you starting up your 3d print business? I would definitely be a customer.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #85
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickleo View Post
When you starting up your 3d print business? I would definitely be a customer.
Lol. I'll send you a tach for free for being a good subscriber of my projects and giving me some input. PM me your address. You gotta paint it though lol.

Makes me want to get going on this interior. Needs a lot of love. Torn between my Zuki and Blazer. Sad days lol.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:00 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbl19 View Post
Lol. I'll send you a tach for free for being a good subscriber of my projects and giving me some input. PM me your address. You gotta paint it though lol.

Makes me want to get going on this interior. Needs a lot of love. Torn between my Zuki and Blazer. Sad days lol.
That's why my girlfriend made me promise to only do one at a time. She knew if I tried to focus on two or more I'd never finish them. Especially at my pace.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Oh and thanks for offering to send me the tach. I'm going to use it on my next build. Planning on using the scrap blazer body and parts I have from my Bruticus build and make a backyard build crawler.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:38 PM   #88
Pebble Pounder

So a part came in from RPP for my Suzuki project, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to print an LS motor for the Blazer. One of the things I've wanted the most on this truck. Always wanted a scale engine bay, or atleast as scale as I can get it. Got a few engine parts printed at far. Got the intake, manifolds and valve covers to print. No place for a pully setup cause the motor kinda sticks out. That's OK, it's all copper and looks kinda cool anyway. Have an Optima battery i printed awhile back. Need some other details like ignition coil, master cylinder, fuse boxes, radiator, you know all that junk that makes it go. Need to research this motor to see what kind of junk it needs. Would be cooler if I could find some carborated engine parts instead.

Anyway, the Blazer gets a RC4WD Disrupter Ultra Planetary setup. Turned out to be kinda slow, but I kinda like it. Paired with a 45t now. May try out my 35t. Kinda liking the low end control im getting out of it. Think the ratio of this was 16:1. Pretty high.

Also designed a mount for the motor/trans and had to shorten a Wild Bore drive shaft to about 1/2in on each side . Let's see how that works. Might have to just cut my metal one up. Only needs about 1/2in cut out of it.

I'll get some better pics when I get more motor parts printed up.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:46 AM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Engine bay gonna look good with a LS in it. I gotta make all the same parts for my engine bay master cylinder, radiator, etc, etc.
Just got to get my 3d printer working (my two hands lol).

Oh watch out for those mounting tabs on that planetary. I read people say they are weak and break easy.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #90
Pebble Pounder

Little sneak peek. Still a bit to high. Will have to see if i can take the mount down farther. Might be hitting my servo now. Or i could make a scoop. Wanted to make a snorkle. We'll see what happens.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:40 PM   #91
Pebble Pounder

Well the tax man said I got a good rebate, so what does any responsible person do? I spent money to pick up our economy. So picked up an HPI Venture. I like it a lot. I'm planning on creating similar setups for the Blazer using 3D printed parts, panhard mount for one example. I really am digging how its setup. Should be able to fit a full interior in this bad boy at some point. Needs some upgrades, if youve watched any reviews you will know what they are. Other than a few cheap parts it seems like a great truck. Love the body, thought it would be harder to get a lexan body, but this one is doing it for me. I'm planning on making 3D parts for the exterior as well.

Put my swampers on to see how they look, think they will stay put. Ordered some new 1.9 beadlocks to go along with it. Still in shipping so these old black ones will do for now.

I so wish this Blazer hardbody was as scale as these lexan bodies. It should be up there the size of the Vaterra Blazer.

Also have been working on my man cave aka basement/office/kids video game room lol. Lucky I have all boys, so the name still applies to a degree. That 2x4 is the start to my 8ft work bench.

Oh and Uncle Sam said I could get a new 3D printer as well. Will allow me to print multiple different filaments other than PLA. Ordered the Tevo Tarantula. Should be here tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2018, 02:32 PM   #92
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro77 View Post
I like the direction your Blazer is going. That body is on my wish list.
Hey thanks.
Its been a fun truck to tiinker on thats for sure.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Webbls SCX10 Hard Body Blazer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics/tips 80's hard body blazer on scx10 jhh1384 Paint and Body 1 08-01-2016 07:36 PM
Hard body K5 Blazer Lankenstein 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 07-07-2009 07:28 PM