Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Best internally sprung 90-100mm shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Best internally sprung 90-100mm shocks

What’s the best out there? I tried to ask about the Gmade Transition shocks but had 0 replies in both this section and the Gmade section. I run Traxxas big bores and am very happy with them. I would like to rid myself of seeing the springs though. I just like the scale shock look I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sawhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Best internally sprung 90-100mm shocks

This must be a tough question

Old 03-16-2018, 06:05 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I think nobody has replied, because nobody has found an internal spring shock that was worth a damn. I've run a couple sets, so I have reasonable (low!) expectations as to their performance. The few that I've messed with had a ton of drag/stiction, so the cars would constantly be at different ride heights at rest, and ended up working best with grease on the o-rings and NO shock oil. I've currently got a set of Yeah Racing "Desert Lizards" that are nicely built and come with a good assortment of different springs, I like them better than the Transitions. The RC4WD ones are smaller in diameter, so are probably a better choice for scale looks. The Hot Racing ones look the closest to a Fox air shock, so assuming you're running them on a linked (not leaf sprung) truck, they'd be the most believable. I wouldn't consider any of them "smooth" or high performance. It sounds like the look may be worth a tradeoff in performance for you, so you may get along with them.

You may be just as well off experimenting with internal springs on your big bores. At least those move freely and won't leak.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:52 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks! That’s all I needed to hear. Good or bad, some knowledge and experience based reply helps me. I will stick with what I have.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:28 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

i like the hot racing internal spung shocks (90mm versions) i have them on my jeep project. i think they are nice and smooth and work really well. nice not having to deal with shock oil lol.
sharkattack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #6

Hi I'm new to this forum so this will be my first post , I have a gmade komodo which comes with the g transition shocks and personally I think there great for slow speed control they have a good amount of flex and manage to keep all 4 wheels grounded in most obstacles (droop set up not sprung) no binding or anything's the only thing I would suggest if you get any is to use plumbers tape on the threads as well as grease as they are prone to leaking. I'm currently looks for some diffrent internally sprung shocks with a decent brand rc4wd does some old man emu versions but not keen on the yellow for my paint scheme
Dan270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #7
Hal
Quarry Creeper

I have the RC4WD OME shocks on my TF2. They are capable of internal spring but I have Leaf Springs. They are OK if you change the shaft for one that is Titanium/Titanium coated. The shafts that come with them get sratched too easy. I also have King Shocks and find the same thing is true. I think with the kings they could be setup with internal springs but mine are coilover.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote

Best internally sprung 90-100mm shocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
custom built internally sprung shocks fatsachs Micro Scale Rigs 1 12-25-2017 07:34 PM
internal sprung shocks?anyone try these lifted_xj Newbie General 6 09-02-2010 11:42 AM
droop and sprung shocks? NeXt559 General Crawlers 5 07-20-2008 11:33 PM
internally sprung TLT shock? STANG KILLA SS 1.9 Scale Rigs 8 05-30-2007 02:41 AM