Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Tralfaz Tries an SCX10 Deadbolt to Jeep Wrangler Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Tralfaz Tries an SCX10 Deadbolt to Jeep Wrangler Build

So aside from the above tweaks and pic I have ordered rubber mirrors and wipers. They should be here in a few weeks... Yikes. I hope the body survives that long. I should have asked on here where to get that kind of stuff. I also ordered some stuff to put in the roof rack. I'm loving this thing, but I'm always finding flaws and thinking about the next one be it a body or a whole new truck. Oh well, I have stuff to re-do my Honcho for now so I'll keep going on this body until I tear it up then I'll salvage all the good parts and move ahead.
Tralfaz Blecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Gimme some sugar, baby... <<< Movie quote. I need not your sugar.

I was looking for an action figure to decapitate for my Deadbolt interior and I read that a 7" figure was close to 1/10. When I went on Amazon and searched 7" action figures, one of the first ones to pop up was Ash. Bruce Campbell. God's own Chin... and the figure actually came with an extra head because he has two different facial expressions so I didn't have to lob his noggin off. As a plus, even though the Evil Dead flicks are kind of silly, the figure just looks like a pretty cool dude for my Jeep.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:21 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I got some stuff in the roof rack now. I painted some zip-ties yellow and then painted the heads silver so simulate cargo straps. I'm pretty proud of that but I'm sure someone somewhere has done that. I need to find some scale ones to try out but these don't look too bad zoomed in pretty close. As a plus, they are disposable and easy to make. I do need flatter paint, but I just used what I had lying around.

I also added a pair of gas cans to the rear but I didn't take a pic from that angle.

My mirrors were here when I got back in town on Friday so I got those and the wipers installed. I think those two simple items added a lot to this build.

So then I broke it later today. It got a stick wedged up in the front wheels and like a lazy bastard I just bashed the hell out of it instead of going to remove it. Luckily I have 2 SCX10 axle kits on hand so at least I have the parts already. I've never messed with any of the front axle workings so this should be interesting. Doesn't look too complicated... I hope.

Last edited by Tralfaz Blecht; 04-29-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:15 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

It's been a while since I've mentioned this rig. I had some spare SCX10 axle kits so I actually had my broken knuckle repaired shortly after the last post. Aside from that, I've been working on my Hilux SCX10II mostly. I was pretty much thinking of this rig as "done"... I hear you all laughing at that bold claim. Well you are right to do so.

First and foremost, I can't stand the torque twist of SCX10s. This thing looks goofy when trailing because it's twisted all to one side. What do you guys do to remedy this? I'd love to hear some suggestions. Are there suspension mods or kits or do I need to convert it all to SCX10II parts?

Aside from that, I've made a lot of mistakes on the body. The main one is that I cut so much off of the front and especially the rear bottom to lower the body and achieve the stance I wanted. The rear bumper is now so high that if it were a real truck the tailgate would not open. I bought an Xtra Speed Hard body for a new SCX10II Honcho I bought for my next build but I'm thinking of using this chassis for that one now and keeping this one a Jeep. Not sure yet, I may do another Lexan one.

The other thing is that I'm not so sure I like the roof rack. I had fun adding the little details, but when I look at older pics before I added the rack it looked so much tougher. I mainly put the rack on to hide the screws where I installed the dingo cage and interior and screw it through the roof like an idiot.

Anyways, my biggest concern now it the torque twist. It drives me nuts.

Last edited by Tralfaz Blecht; 05-28-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Tralfaz Tries an SCX10 Deadbolt to Jeep Wrangler Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
...SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Build... Dwill Axial SCX-10 100 04-07-2016 12:47 PM
WYD's STRC SCX10 Jeep Wrangler build wyd Axial SCX-10 57 01-28-2016 09:48 AM
Fu's SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 build MikeFu Axial SCX-10 5 11-18-2015 04:14 PM
***Chicklet's Jeep Wrangler SCX10 G6 Build*** chicklet Axial SCX-10 67 03-12-2015 06:03 PM
ScaleFreak - Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Build Joe Ferguson Axial SCX-10 27 06-07-2014 04:42 PM