Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: If you only had 2 vehicles...SCX10 II, RR10 Bomber, Wraith????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2016, 07:51 AM   #1

Question If you only had 2 vehicles...SCX10 II, RR10 Bomber, Wraith????

Looking for your opinions. I currently have a RR10 Bomber and Wraith. Thinking about getting the SCX10 II for G6 type events. Really love the Wraith (it was my first) but it seems a bit redundant w/ the Bomber.

Nothing against the Ascender crowd, but only interested in Axial.

So here is the question. If you could only have two vehicles (SCX10 II, RR10 Bomber, Wraith), which would you keep and why?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by THX_138; 08-03-2016 at 09:23 PM.
chill974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2016, 08:30 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: If you only had 2 vehicles...SCX10 II, RR10 Bomber, Wraith????

wraith and my scx10II.... my wraith is more capable that my bomber ever was...and my scx10II is as capable out of the box as my scx10's that I spent a ton on...
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:34 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Well I mean what are you wanting to do with the Wraith or the Bomber? Is your Wraith modified and if so how much? I would definitely stick an scx10ii in there, they flat out work.
ScaleFreak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:14 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

SCX10 II and Bomber. No question. The geometry and setup possibilities on the RR10 are years ahead of the Wraith. And the SCX10 II, well, yeah. Don't really need to say anything about that.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:22 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

If I had to drop to two I'd definitely keep my SCX10 II because you have to have a true scaler and the aftermarket for these trucks is so vast that the truck can be refreshed countless times and never get old. My other keeper would easily be my IFS Bomber. Of all my trucks it's hands down the most fun to drive. It's a true rock racer and can go fast or crawl with the best of them and the IFS just makes it so much better. Even if my Bomber didn't have IFS I would chose it over my Wraiths. Now, I am currently building an IFS Wraith and I'm sure that if I had to chose between my IFS Wraith and my Bomber on solid axles that would be a much harder choice. I haven't driven the IFS Wraith because it's still in the build phase so time and performance will tell how much I like it. Thank God I don't have to choose, I love all 7 of my trucks, each for a different reason and purpose.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:31 AM   #6

Screamer, your case is sort of what I was thinking.

My Wraith is built up w/ Harley's Stage 1-2 mods and a HH Crawlmaster 13t. Oddly, it's been a bit fragile IMO. The Bomber is still an infant, but will probably build up with brushless power. Working thru the foundation first (links, sway bar, servo, etc..) before I start going nuclear.

Since I don't have a scaler, figured I could pull the Crawlmaster over onto a SCX10 II and go from there.

But, philosophically, I could see the Bomber being a better "Swiss Army Knife" vs the Wraith
Old 07-19-2016, 11:02 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

SCX10-2 and Bomber, personally that's what I'd do. They're different enough to not be redundant.

I have a Trophy Truck and SCX10-2, so they do their own separate things. Your Bomber is kinda in the same range as the TT, or Yeti.
yellowdatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill974 View Post
Screamer, your case is sort of what I was thinking.

My Wraith is built up w/ Harley's Stage 1-2 mods and a HH Crawlmaster 13t. Oddly, it's been a bit fragile IMO. The Bomber is still an infant, but will probably build up with brushless power. Working thru the foundation first (links, sway bar, servo, etc..) before I start going nuclear.

Since I don't have a scaler, figured I could pull the Crawlmaster over onto a SCX10 II and go from there.

But, philosophically, I could see the Bomber being a better "Swiss Army Knife" vs the Wraith
Exactly, the Bomber has more tuning options out of the box and simply put, has a better chassis than a Wraith. If I could suggest any two Axial trucks for someone to buy, I wouldn't hesitate for one second to suggest the Bomber and SCX10 II. They both cover the broadest spectrum and in their specific class are unrivaled IMHO.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:32 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I guess I am the odd man out on the bomber lol, and thats ok

My wraith will go anywhere and do anything a bomber will and more... plus I just like the looks of my wraith better. The bomber look just doesnt do it for me...I was going to do an IFS bomber, but just couldnt get past how ugly the bomber looked...so I sold it.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
I guess I am the odd man out on the bomber lol, and thats ok

My wraith will go anywhere and do anything a bomber will and more... plus I just like the looks of my wraith better. The bomber look just doesnt do it for me...I was going to do an IFS bomber, but just couldnt get past how ugly the bomber looked...so I sold it.
allanon1965 if my wraith was built out like yours, then I probably wouldn't be even asking the question. Frankly, I am at that point with mine where the simple stuff is done. Now I would be making an investment to take it to the next level (trans, axles, chassis, etc) and different from the Bomber. My ADD gets the best of me and says "hey...look over there...shiny new SCX10 II."

Mad props to you, though. Your Wraith is sweet. That would definitely stay in my arsenal.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:37 PM   #11

The previous SCX10 didn't really tempt me over the Wraith. Version II upped the ante, it seems. I don't feel like like I would be sacrificing much in performance by moving into 1.9. And I would gain a another class to enter
Old 07-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill974 View Post
allanon1965 if my wraith was built out like yours, then I probably wouldn't be even asking the question. Frankly, I am at that point with mine where the simple stuff is done. Now I would be making an investment to take it to the next level (trans, axles, chassis, etc) and different from the Bomber. My ADD gets the best of me and says "hey...look over there...shiny new SCX10 II."

Mad props to you, though. Your Wraith is sweet. That would definitely stay in my arsenal.
Thanks! I appreciate the compliments! I will most assuredly never, ever sell Experiment 626...I had plans to take my bomber to the same level but I also saw the scx10 II lol...so I thought it was better looking than the bomber and decided to sell the bomber and get the scx10 II
Old 07-19-2016, 05:56 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

My recommendation would be either to ditch one of the 2.2s for an SCX10 II or convert your Wraith to a 1.9 with narrower axles. Having a 1.9 will open a lot of doors to terrain that is challenging and fun on a less capable rig but boring on a 2.2. G6-style events would definitely fall into that category. The II is a neat kit that performs incredibly well for a box-stock truck. There have been a few small issues, but the aftermarket should have those sorted pretty quickly. Certainly nothing to keep you from buying and enjoying the heck out of it, as I have with mine.

As between the Bomber and the Wraith, I'd put in another vote for keeping the Bomber. Stock Bomber performance is much better than a stock Wraith, and there's a big upside from there. If I had to choose between my modded Bomber and modded Wraith, I'd take the Bomber. Good luck with your decision (though it sounds like you may have already made it)...
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:35 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

So I'd keep the scx10ii and the (kyosho blizzard) bomber. The 1.9 gives you more fun and challenges, the bomber let's you blow off a bit of steam in go fast mode.

149 r/c worx team driver
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:42 PM   #15

I sold my bomber to get my scx 10 2 but I wouldn't buy a wraith in the first place
g33ksquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:24 PM   #16
RCC Addict

I'd keep the wraith. I like the interior and seats for scale. 2nd rig would be the SCX10 II. Only wish it had factory interior as well
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
My recommendation would be either to ditch one of the 2.2s for an SCX10 II or convert your Wraith to a 1.9 with narrower axles. Having a 1.9 will open a lot of doors to terrain that is challenging and fun on a less capable rig but boring on a 2.2. G6-style events would definitely fall into that category. The II is a neat kit that performs incredibly well for a box-stock truck. There have been a few small issues, but the aftermarket should have those sorted pretty quickly. Certainly nothing to keep you from buying and enjoying the heck out of it, as I have with mine...
A pair of SCX10 IIs or SCX10 II and 1.9 Wraith or 1.9 Bomber.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bomber, scx10 ii, wraith

If you only had 2 vehicles...SCX10 II, RR10 Bomber, Wraith???? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is the purpose of the rr10 bomber? thumperc25 General Crawlers 36 11-08-2018 11:30 AM
RR10 Bomber-Skid and Trans on Wraith NunoTT Axial Wraith 6 07-14-2016 10:21 PM
My RR10 bomber build. mklemp2015 General Crawlers 2 04-07-2016 10:06 PM