Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Scx10.2 kit help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2017, 06:35 PM   #1

Default Scx10.2 kit help

Hi all, new to the crawler side of the hobby and ive got a few questions for you guys. I tried searching for some help but didnt turn up much. I have had the kit for a few weeks now and im pretty imoressed with what it can do stock. It seems to be pretty top heavy though so i was looking for recommendations on lowering the COG. My other issue is my truck turns right alot sharper than left. Ive tried re setting up the transmitter a few times and just dont have luck with it. Everytime it rebinds it turns the wheels to the right and i have to set the trim all the way left to get the wheels straight. Im using a spektrum dx4c if that helps. Thanks in advance for anyhelp
Trevanator33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2017, 07:51 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Scx10.2 kit help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevanator33 View Post
Hi all, new to the crawler side of the hobby and ive got a few questions for you guys. I tried searching for some help but didnt turn up much. I have had the kit for a few weeks now and im pretty imoressed with what it can do stock. It seems to be pretty top heavy though so i was looking for recommendations on lowering the COG. My other issue is my truck turns right alot sharper than left. Ive tried re setting up the transmitter a few times and just dont have luck with it. Everytime it rebinds it turns the wheels to the right and i have to set the trim all the way left to get the wheels straight. Im using a spektrum dx4c if that helps. Thanks in advance for anyhelp
There are a few ways to address the CoG issue. The first and cheapest is lose the heavy roof rack, or at least the top portion of it. Or find a different body all together. I personally love XJs so I did the other thing, add weight down low. Ideally you want unsprung, non-rotational weight. Now that the supply crisis has abated and Axial is sending out product, you can find Beef Tubed AR44 replacement axle housings again. They're about $100 for the pair. If you are on a tight budget, swap your front axle first to aid in climbing ability. If you still need more weight low and can't lose any up top, then start looking into knuckle and wheel weights. Hot Racing makes brass replacement nuckels that felt pretty heavy when I checked them out (but didn't get them yet). Wheel weights, you can use simple stick on lead inside the wheel or bolt on weights like Beef Patties.
Hope this helps ya yet started.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Jeepy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:58 AM   #3
MODERATOR™

Move the servo horn over a tooth.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:58 AM   #4

Check out this thread for axles, one of them being the Boom Racing axles. they're a direct swap using all of the stock internals, but weigh 210g vs stock 26g. That'll add weight as low as possible, unsprung, non-rotational, and without sacrificing any clearance. They're cheap too ($35USD each), my set is in the mail right now.

rccrawler.com - Comprehensive AR44 axle guide

StrangerRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

If I were you I would go with the xtra speed axle housings. They are about $20 Each. They look like the stock units, but are 120 grams heavier. All stock parts bolt in and it works great. I have put about 20 hours of trouble free service on mine. I replaced both axles, they are the same housing. Low cost Easy way to lower center of gravity.

You can also install a set of HR brass knuckles.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #6
RCC Addict

My hard bodied (heavy RC4WD Blazer body) is incredibly stable. I limited my shocks to 85mm which looks and feels perfect, used Incision stainless links (very heavy) and RC4WD ARB Diff covers. The rest is stock. This thing rarely rolls over and has been very capable. I expected it to be top heavy like crazy but it's surprised the hell out of me.

LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote

Scx10.2 kit help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie. Ordered CRC ScX10 rtr and SCX10 jeep kit. Mattdaddy1974 Axial SCX-10 15 07-11-2015 02:50 PM
Axial SCX10 kit vs Vaterra Ascender K5 Kit darkghost92 Newbie General 26 05-05-2015 01:04 AM
Scx10 Jeep kit vs Dingo kit Erichiu Axial SCX-10 14 03-02-2013 08:06 PM
wraith rtr/builder kit , ax10 ridgecrest or scx10 kit hocho/dingo xC Pirates Newbie General 9 06-09-2012 06:54 AM
SCORPION AX10 KIT vs. SCX10 KIT TXMontiac Newbie General 13 05-28-2010 09:05 AM