Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: HR brass knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2017, 09:53 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default HR brass knuckles

I can not for the life of me make these things work smooth. The only way I can get them to work is with one bushing in from the inside and one from the outside. Otherwise it binds up. It will slip into place ok, but it will not move freely with the screws in place. I can even back them out 2 turns and they are tight. Anyone else have problems with these?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Junk HR brass knuckles

Sounds like they're not machined parallel on the inside where the flange of the bushing rides. I'd measure that distance and attack it with a file or simply run the top bushing from above since it's flange isn't as important as the lower.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Don't have them, but I'd file off some material until they work right. The bushings both have to be on the inside so you'd have to... what's the word for thinnen... the parts where the knuckle contacts the axle. And make sure that the bushings stick out of the knuckles a bit, so that the screws sit against the bushings, not touching the knuckles.
More fun than sending them back or whatever.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:16 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I don't think this will work in your case but........ I use to file down the brass, delux scx/ar60 bushings all the time to get smooth Knuck/chub movement. I suggest laying a piece if sandpaper flat on a table etc. Then go in a x pattern until you get them right. The x pattern will make for a nice even surface..... Follow this up with some 800 or 1000 grit to make the surface super smooth.
doubler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:43 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys. I got it. I found excess locktite in the bushing causing it to bind. The axles are just very tight going into the bearings in the knuckle and made it very difficult to assemble. Problem solved.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:19 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Default Re: HR brass knuckles

Hope they perform well for you now that you figured out what the problem is and that they don't seem to be "junk" afterall as your title states.

I was torn between these and a set of Dlux knuckles. But now that SSD has dropped a set of 70g a piece! knuckles available for purchase now, I'm going to pull it on them. Call me weird if ya want, I was slightly disappointed they do not come in a shiny brass finish, but it might be due to another metal being used to pull off that kind of weight such as lead? If SSD finds this and is able to chime in, I'd love to know why it's not in bright brass finish. Knuckles are hidden pretty well besides the arms anyways so not that big of a deal, but just curious.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:01 AM   #7
SSD
RCC Addict

Our knuckles are solid brass. We plated them so they don't look like brass. The natural brass color is not scale looking on your truck. So we went for a gun metal color to look like steel. Also it's sets our knuckles apart from others as well as having a better design, and cheaper than most probably ;)
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:48 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Yeah that's what i was thinking to do with my brass, im thinking maybe the same stuff you use on weapons to turn them that dark blue color.
Or maybe i just go to my old job and slab a coat of black powder coat on it.

One thing are for sure, no matter what you use it will get scratches.

But nice of SSD to think that far
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:15 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
Our knuckles are solid brass. We plated them so they don't look like brass. The natural brass color is not scale looking on your truck. So we went for a gun metal color to look like steel. Also it's sets our knuckles apart from others as well as having a better design, and cheaper than most probably ;)
I like yours on the color alone. I hate the look of brass. If you want really heavy get some tungsten. It's denser than lead and safer. Problem is its a bitch to machine.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:44 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post

Thanks for your reply, I will be ordering a set this week. I can’t wait to put these heavy bad boys on my rig, they’ll be complemented by a set of your 10ii C-hubs.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

HR brass knuckles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New SSD Brass Knuckles SSD Vaterra Ascender 29 11-29-2018 08:47 AM
New SSD Brass Knuckles SSD Axial SCX10 II 49 09-27-2018 12:42 PM
Hot Racing Brass Knuckles and SSD Brass Weights compatibility saddlesore Axial SCX10 II 5 07-15-2017 04:27 PM
scx10ii brass knuckles steven318is Axial SCX10 II 7 06-23-2017 02:00 PM