Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: found new SCX10 II trail honcho RTR @ axial website

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: found new SCX10 II trail honcho RTR @ axial website

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts49 View Post
Ive been thinking about getting a crawler but have been undecided, until yesterday when I saw the new Trail Honcho. I think it looks great.

Now just have to decide if I should sell my Yeti SCORE (kit version) to fund the new truck...
Of the scx10ii release it definately has the low level of quality.
Your in it for new links, metal tranny gears, no spare, or spare mount the radio is meh.
By the time you get that done your at the cost of the jeep rtr.

This is simply a cheap offering to entice people, at the end of it you will spend more money.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2017, 08:09 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

I agree to an extent. For an entry level person metal links would be about all needed. On stock electronics I doubt it’ll shred the plastic gearing, no spare is cool with me because I’d want new wheels/tires anyway and then I’d want the spare to match so I’d need to buy 5 wheels/tires, and I already have a Tx/Rx. But a newb could live with it until decided which route to go.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:09 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts49 View Post
Ive been thinking about getting a crawler but have been undecided, until yesterday when I saw the new Trail Honcho. I think it looks great.

Now just have to decide if I should sell my Yeti SCORE (kit version) to fund the new truck...

What part of the Magnolia are you from?
Old 12-14-2017, 08:12 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Of the scx10ii release it definately has the low level of quality.
Your in it for new links, metal tranny gears, no spare, or spare mount the radio is meh.
By the time you get that done your at the cost of the jeep rtr.

This is simply a cheap offering to entice people, at the end of it you will spend more money.

For that investment you'll end up with a better rig that isn't just another Jimmy Jerkoff jeep like every other. 2 out there.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
For that investment you'll end up with a better rig that isn't just another Jimmy Jerkoff jeep like every other. 2 out there.
It's an SCX10 so it's just another Jimmy Jerkoff no matter how you want to spin it.

And at $329 it's an overpriced SCX10 at that.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:56 AM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
I agree to an extent. For an entry level person metal links would be about all needed. On stock electronics I doubt it’ll shred the plastic gearing, no spare is cool with me because I’d want new wheels/tires anyway and then I’d want the spare to match so I’d need to buy 5 wheels/tires, and I already have a Tx/Rx. But a newb could live with it until decided which route to go.
They broke the plastic tranny gear on there advertised 10.5 hour trek.

What you are seeing here is axial getting the crap kicked out of them by all the new rigs on the market. They are going cheap to cut costs and get more customers.

There are no complaints about the axles and they redesigned them. Isnt that fishy to you? Thats a cost cutting change. Plastic links again? A body they already had the forms for?

This marks a change from quality over quantity to quantity over quality. Axials financial whoohs didn't just go away when they got new molds. They have to make up for almost a year of not selling parts.

All just speculation but it does fit the situation.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:01 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

What you are seeing here is axial getting the crap kicked out of them by all the new rigs on the market. They are going cheap to cut costs and get more customers.

There are no complaints about the axles and they redesigned them. Isnt that fishy to you? Thats a cost cutting change. Plastic links again? A body they already had the forms for?

This marks a change from quality over quantity to quantity over quality. Axials financial whoohs didn't just go away when they got new molds. They have to make up for almost a year of not selling parts.

All just speculation but it does fit the situation.

Correct on all accounts. Only thing I can say is that the 10.5 hour run was likely a lot of abuse by multiple drivers.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:28 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Correct on all accounts. Only thing I can say is that the 10.5 hour run was likely a lot of abuse by multiple drivers.
Fair enough
Old 12-14-2017, 09:46 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
It's an SCX10 so it's just another Jimmy Jerkoff no matter how you want to spin it.

And at $329 it's an overpriced SCX10 at that.
It's not a jeep which is the #1 bitch heard every time they release a "new" rig since they use the hell out of that licensing agreement.

Cheaper price and comes with cheaper components, shocker. I'm good with that since I'd be changing links, trans & shocks even if it came with better parts.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #50

Quote:
It's not a jeep which is the #1 bitch heard every time they release a "new" rig since they use the hell out of that licensing agreement.

Cheaper price and comes with cheaper components, shocker. I'm good with that since I'd be changing links, trans & shocks even if it came with better parts.
Yes, not being a Jeep is a good thing. But now the #1 bitch is that this truck is a plastic POS.

All plastic does rightfully come with a lower price, but it's not low enough. How does Axial justify $330 for this POS when you can buy other RTR scalers with metal links, like the Redcat, for $200? Yes, it's a Redcat, but I'm not paying a $130 premium for the Axial name. With all of the cost savings they have made on this truck it should be $250 max even with the Axial tax.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:09 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes, not being a Jeep is a good thing. But now the #1 bitch is that this truck is a plastic POS.

All plastic does rightfully come with a lower price, but it's not low enough. How does Axial justify $330 for this POS when you can buy other RTR scalers with metal links, like the Redcat, for $200? Yes, it's a Redcat, but I'm not paying a $130 premium for the Axial name. With all of the cost savings they have made on this truck it should be $250 max even with the Axial tax.

There is an easy $75 worth of crap to slang so it's a decent value to me. You don't like it, so don't buy it.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:23 AM   #52

Quote:
There is an easy $75 worth of crap to slang so it's a decent value to me. You don't like it, so don't buy it.
I'm definitely not buying it. I gave up on Axial like they gave up on innovation.

BTW - you're buying a scale nerd truck?
Old 12-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm definitely not buying it. I gave up on Axial like they gave up on innovation.

BTW - you're buying a scale nerd truck?
This new release has spurred myself and a few friends to build new rigs based on class two outlines with zero scale points to see how far we can push it. Gotta build for what is around you and there are a pile of scale nerds in my backyard.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:32 AM   #54

Quote:
This new release has spurred myself and a few friends to build new rigs based on class two outlines with zero scale points to see how far we can push it. Gotta build for what is around you and there are a pile of scale nerds in my backyard.
Freakin' nerd!

Welcome to the dark side.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:42 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbart View Post
...They need that $330 RTR price point covered with something new & different than the aging Deadbolt...

The only thing that doesn’t make sense is the all new axles. That’s a new mold, granted it will get a lot of use & it eliminates other parts trees as well. So , maybe over the long run it was a wise investment.
Yes, probably.

The axles make perfect sense, reduce parts count (cost and complexity), looks way more scale (better ground clearance without fat lockouts and screws hanging down), they got hurt losing molds, therefore now is a great time to do some improving and innovating since they have to retool anyways (something they never bothered to do before because it requires engineering and money lol.) They also hopefully tightened their sloppy bearing and shaft tolerances in the transmission too. Switched to one piece ring gear/spools like Vaterra Ascender, so shouldn't be anymore broken screws on ring gear and again reduced parts count, this style spool has been holding up great in all my Ascenders, so no problem there as long as the metal formula is correct and well formed.

Quote:

...Plastic links again? A body they already had the forms for?

...Axials financial whoohs didn't just go away when they got new molds. They have to make up for almost a year of not selling parts.
Vaterra and now Traxxas getting lots of sales especially due to Axial kits/rtr out of stock for months and no parts were coming either. I love the old Honcho body, still have my original.

Plastic links not good, could have included aluminum at least.

Yes, they need to make up for a year not selling parts and kits/rtr. Good luck to them, I like the new axles much better, but like the HPI Venture even better and it's in stock at AMain.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hpi-ven...116558/p498222
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:49 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Freakin' nerd!

Welcome to the dark side.

The dark side can fellate my balloon knot. We are working on a new thing where only the winners win, no handicapping at all. It'll have a class for such a rig as well build.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #57

Quote:
The dark side can fellate my balloon knot. We are working on a new thing where only the winners win, no handicapping at all. It'll have a class for such a rig as well build.
Keep that dark side to yourself.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #58

Could the new redesigned parts be due to the mfg plant burning and they needed new parts quick?
chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:00 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet View Post
Could the new redesigned parts be due to the mfg plant burning and they needed new parts quick?
If that were the case they would have redesigned the stuff before it came back into stock.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:13 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

This is one i might just pick up. I missed the first Honcho, being dirt poor I couldn't rationalize a second scx10. But now I am a bit more comfortable, in life, I may do a run it stock thing, to see what breaks while tracking milage and replace only what breaks... Will see...
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote

found new SCX10 II trail honcho RTR @ axial website - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Trail finder 2 Axial SCX10 Honcho Rusty Bug honcho wraith at Durian Loop Trail boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 03-24-2014 05:02 AM
Axial SCX10 Trail Honcho version - comes RTR jjwiggs Testing 1 2 3 0 03-25-2013 08:51 PM
Axial SCX10 Trail Honcho truck RTR doing steep hill climb RC Toyota Tacoma 4x4 at Seg boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 02-25-2013 09:07 AM