Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: SCX10-II Raw Builder's Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: SCX10-II Raw Builder's Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
RPP and Tower Hobbies both have these kits in stock.
Mine is on the way.
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

my local hobby town has them Im sure they will start showing up soon
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:47 AM   #43
SSD
RCC Addict

If anyone has a one piece Axial front axle housing they dont need from this kit then PM me...
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:37 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by antigacho View Post
I just order the new SCX10II raw kit, it was like an impulse purchase, I was thinking on a crawler rc the past weeks so when I notice this new kit available at amain I thought it was a good opportunity to build an rc crawler based on the popular scx10II platform. It was an unplanned decision but I really want to build one of those little trucks.

since I live in Mexico shipping is going to take at least a month (as many of my other RC parts), meanwhile Iam trying to figure out which electronics to install and which upgrades to install. After downloading of the manual I notice that this kit screams for Shocks and axles upgrades, I don’t mind about that since I consider that since the beginning, but I’m a little disappointed to find that this kit has the previous version of the transmission, and I didnīt notice that when I place my order,

I’m thinking about this electronics
- Triple5 - 555ozHD Servo
- Futaba R204GF-E S-FHSS High Voltage 4-Channel 2.4GHz Micro Receiver
- Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro BL 540 Waterproof Sensored Crawler Motor (3500kV)
- Holmes Hobbies TrailMaster BLE Pro ESC (Waterproof)

Do I need a BEC for the servo??
Now I have to find information about the proper gearing and the correct battery to power that, the info on this forum is really helpful) .

I also notice some awesome aluminum braces for the chassis which brands you recommend (samix, ssd, hot racing, Boom Racing, vanquish, etc)

I will create an specific thread of with this building when I have all organized

Thanks for your support
dont shoot me im newbie
That's a good list you have there. If you want to save money you can go brushed (HobbyWing WP 1080 ESC and a Holmes TrailMaster 35T motor). And I'm not sold on the Reefs servos. I'd suggest getting something that is going to have support in Mexico should you have a problem. ProModeler and Savox are other brands you can try out. Holmes also has a servo, but I have no experience with those. And the FlySky GT-5 radio system would also save you money.

I use the WP 1080 ESC and I do not use an external BEC since it has a good internal BEC.

And you can build the SCX10 II as-is and then upgrade later. I don't think there's anything that it really needs out of the box.

Can I shoot you now?! Just kidding!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:50 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That's a good list you have there. If you want to save money you can go brushed (HobbyWing WP 1080 ESC and a Holmes TrailMaster 35T motor). And I'm not sold on the Reefs servos. I'd suggest getting something that is going to have support in Mexico should you have a problem. ProModeler and Savox are other brands you can try out. Holmes also has a servo, but I have no experience with those. And the FlySky GT-5 radio system would also save you money.

I use the WP 1080 ESC and I do not use an external BEC since it has a good internal BEC.

And you can build the SCX10 II as-is and then upgrade later. I don't think there's anything that it really needs out of the box.

Can I shoot you now?! Just kidding!
Vanquish top shaft?
I'm looking to put the 27t Holmes in after JRH recommend that over the 35t. It's also available at 550 which is very nice

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:33 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Cads View Post
Vanquish top shaft?
I'm looking to put the 27t Holmes in after JRH recommend that over the 35t. It's also available at 550 which is very nice

Good point about the VP top shaft. People insist that's a must, but my trans was still somewhat crunchy even with it installed.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:59 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Good point about the VP top shaft. People insist that's a must, but my trans was still somewhat crunchy even with it installed.
Some slop or just crunch!!?

Old 11-07-2018, 08:16 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Cads View Post
Some slop or just crunch!!?

Both really. It certainly was not a smooth transmission when I built it. I haven't checked it after running it to see if it got smoother after break in.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:13 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

What's a good driveshaft upgrade that'll work with the transmission case? I was gonna use the MIP one from my org scx10 but the rear shaft doesn't fit on the back side if the transmission case.
Jeep757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:22 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Both really. It certainly was not a smooth transmission when I built it. I haven't checked it after running it to see if it got smoother after break in.
Are you talking about Kit trans or OG trans?
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:25 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
Are you talking about Kit trans or OG trans?

Kit
Old 11-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Kit
Well that's moot then, as this thread is about the Raw Builder's Kit, which includes the OG trans.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:51 PM   #53

Default SCX10-II Raw Builder's Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
Well that's moot then, as this thread is about the Raw Builder's Kit, which includes the OG trans.

Oh right. This is the all plastic transmission case. They have released so many iterations at this point that I lost track.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Oh right. This is the all plastic transmission case. They have released so many iterations at this point that I lost track.
All plastic case, yes. Full metal gears, yes.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:56 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep757 View Post
What's a good driveshaft upgrade that'll work with the transmission case? I was gonna use the MIP one from my org scx10 but the rear shaft doesn't fit on the back side if the transmission case.
Does it need a replacement? I appreciate MIP is immense, but is the stock shaft setup weak?

Old 11-20-2018, 07:19 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Stock shafts are not weak.

One of my SCX2 runs with the HH stubby 3300kv on 3s since more then 2 years and I have no issues with them.

They are fine
GrimmTheTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:41 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmTheTourist View Post
Stock shafts are not weak.

One of my SCX2 runs with the HH stubby 3300kv on 3s since more then 2 years and I have no issues with them.

They are fine
Thanking you

Old 12-07-2018, 09:42 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Ok I'm new to this side of the forum. I have been checking out some of the builds on the scx10ii. Many of you got so many great builds to read. I'm still trying to catch up on some of them.

I'm checking out his raw kit and been thinking about getting one as well and upgrade it over time. This will be my first scx10ii of any kind. So I'm excited to sit down and get it going when I pick one up. One of my concerns is the links. I know the ends are plastic junk. What is everyone using for upgrades on the road ends? I was thinking of e revo rod ends of they work out. Obviously I won't know till I personally see it.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:05 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Ok I'm new to this side of the forum. I have been checking out some of the builds on the scx10ii. Many of you got so many great builds to read. I'm still trying to catch up on some of them.

I'm checking out his raw kit and been thinking about getting one as well and upgrade it over time. This will be my first scx10ii of any kind. So I'm excited to sit down and get it going when I pick one up. One of my concerns is the links. I know the ends are plastic junk. What is everyone using for upgrades on the road ends? I was thinking of e revo rod ends of they work out. Obviously I won't know till I personally see it.
the rod ends are not bad, and the kit gives you enough to rebuild the links later...
Just dont over tighten and crush them.... I have over a year of use, and 50 actual miles on my Honcho 11 with out any slop....
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
the rod ends are not bad, and the kit gives you enough to rebuild the links later...
Just dont over tighten and crush them.... I have over a year of use, and 50 actual miles on my Honcho 11 with out any slop....
Ok thanks. I hear the ones on the honcho are better than what's in the kit, lol. The honcho, it's on my list for spring to get one. Either way I just want a few more trucks for now and get mods going
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10-II Raw Builder's Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ECX Barrrage Builder's Kit Thread Mongol Pete 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 12-04-2017 11:07 AM
Axial SCX10 Dingo Builder's Kit Unboxing! Zealot RC Videos! 0 12-03-2015 04:58 PM
New Guy Buying Scx-10 "Builder's Kit" Barzano.Racing Newbie General 10 11-15-2011 08:17 PM