Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: 10.2 built my way. No kit necessary.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2019, 12:36 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: 10.2 built my way. No kit necessary.

This has been a great train to follow. Made me want to start my own bottom up project. Thanks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2019, 09:29 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

The final pieces of the puzzle came in today. Wertymade stubby front bumper and truggy sliders. And a 4.19 mt/r because the spare tire looked goofy with it being way too big. This may be as far as this build goes. I don’t think I need to do anymore. Super happy with the way it turned out. Thanks bill and everyone for the positive feedback. It’s nice that we can all come together in one place and discuss something that keeps our minds off the everyday challenges of life. I’ll have to get this one out more to see if I can finish the body off and maybe paint up the replacement proline sent me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ghonda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:29 AM   #23
RCC Addict

A kit is never really necessary. Most of my RCs are heavily-modded RTRs.

That cracked body looks like the result of a stress-riser that you created when you cut the body.

In the picture above, I see a jagged edge right at the corner between the right side and rear side of the body, down at the bottom where you cut it. I also see a tiny crack forming in that corner, probably from putting too much stress on the body while trimming it with scissors. It's very important when trimming around corners with scissors to make sure the scissor blade on the inside of the corner is facing towards the scrap plastic, not towards the main part of the body. Also it's a good idea to cut sharp corners with extra plastic remaining, and then grind it down to the final shape with a Dremel, so you can grind away any tiny cracks you may have created with the scissors before they have a chance to propagate. Cleaning off plastic dust from your clothes (and everything else in a 6-foot radius) is a pain in the ass, but much less of a pain in the ass than needing to trim and paint a whole new body.

Based on my own recent tweaking of my SCX10 II, you probably won't want to keep the suspension jacked up so high. It's a very tippy chassis in that configuration.

Last edited by fyrstormer; 06-11-2019 at 12:40 AM.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:35 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

It’s possible that happened to the body, I’m certainly not the best at body trimming. It’s actually the thing I hate most about rc because for me it requires a lot of patience which I don’t have. Also I always seem to trim the wrong amount (like too much or to little). I’ll have to remember your tip for the next one. As for the suspension it worked great, definitely no issues with rolling. As you can see from previous pictures I’ve changed up the initial setup. I now have boom racing shock towers and venture shocks. I have yet to take it back out to see how it works, but it definitely feels better on the bench.
Ghonda99 is offline   Reply With Quote

10.2 built my way. No kit necessary. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got my first kit built 86-tin-top Axial Wraith 4 04-01-2014 08:49 PM
Built a Wraith kit...here it is! 1BAMFR Axial Wraith 11 03-18-2014 08:59 AM
Just built my first kit and have questions ZJMike Newbie General 5 01-11-2012 12:01 AM
Never built a kit Duspan Newbie General 10 12-26-2009 07:13 AM