Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: MeanTT’s UMG10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: MeanTT’s UMG10

So I learned that the portals need a deep 12 mm drive not to avoid interference. The 350 hubs don’t work. In fact most of my wheels don’t work without interference. I seem to collect a lot of wheels and tires...

I learned that despite the portals the rc4wd deep dish simply don’t fit. So I went with these Chinese specials...

I have the wide MT/Rs but they don’t fit on the wheels I have. I have an old set of 2.2 rims that might work for them because they are super wide. Seems to be plan since Mogs often have large wheels as don’t have a high profile tire.

This was my first time running the MT/Rs and I thought they were middle of the road. The portals and Werty Made sliders worked nicely.

I noticed that I have a lot of body lean now. I think I may need to tweak the suspension to avoid it. More tinkering to come. And scale stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2019, 09:22 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Problem solved! 1.9 wide MT/Rs stretched on super wide 2.2s from Hot Racing. Looks great. Think I’m sticking with this!

Old 06-25-2019, 07:02 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Wow. Love this look. I switched out the 2.2 closed cell foams and used the stock MT/R foam which stretched over 2.2s without issue. Also clipped the sliders so they didn’t run. I need to mess with the suspension next, but this seems far more capable with these wheels, tires and the portals. The weight down low is noticeable. I can also see the foams working a lot, even on relatively flat stuff. That will increase once these foams get wet. FYI these 2.2 wheels are in unfinished steel, so they rust just like the real things!

A few more from the back yard. I do t know why we haven’t seen more 2.2 stretched looks on this rig. This is the one rig where it actually LOOKS MORE SCALE! I actually got to use the skids on some dirt and a few rocks. Much better

MeanTT’s UMG10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial SCX10 II UMG10 4WD rock crawler kit celt Axial SCX10 II 72 05-19-2019 08:50 AM
NEW Axial SCX10 II UMG10 4WD Kit SHIPPING NOW!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 5 04-25-2019 01:27 PM
UMG10 CVD help royalm Axial SCX10 II 4 04-24-2019 07:59 AM
Pre-order now! NEW Axial SCX10 II UMG10 4WD Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 04-11-2019 09:24 AM