Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Aftermarket knuckle differences

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2023, 09:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Aftermarket knuckle differences

I have a trail honcho that currently has brass knuckles from eBay. They are ok but I wanted something like the SSD brass knuckles that are black. Fast forward to a recent trip to a hobby shop where I saw some black brass strc brand knuckles. I bought them but when I got home I noticed the strc knuckles do not have the second tab that captures the tie rod where the steering link sits on top of. I think this is called single shear vs double shear but I could be mistaken. What are your thoughts on the knuckles should I return them and get the double shear design knuckle or just use these. I am assuming with these the steering link bolts directly to the tie rod with no spacer in between. Sorry I know a picture would be best to show the difference.
surfishjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2023, 12:09 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Aftermarket knuckle differences

I've yet to have an issue with single shear on metal-- plastic is a different story. Element knuckles are all single shear, but aluminum, so it's fine. I have plenty of brass knuckles that are this way.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:36 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Aftermarket knuckle differences

Good to know thanks for the reply. I am doing a front axle tear down. I have the SSD axle that looks like a Dana 44 and I just got the offset axle tubes and axles for a proper driver side drop dif. I think part of the play I get is the axle tubes going into the pumpkin are a touch loose. I will report my do findings

Last edited by surfishjoe; 03-24-2023 at 09:38 AM.
surfishjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Aftermarket knuckle differences - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G6 differences champ198 Axial SCX-10 6 11-17-2014 01:22 AM
CKRC knuckle, VP knuckle, Super 300? DeadlySwan EnRoute Berg 5 12-03-2011 11:07 PM
1.9 to 2.2 differences? M109R General Scale Talk 8 09-15-2010 03:40 AM
What are the differences between the 3? Sydwaiz Axial SCX-10 7 01-06-2010 04:34 PM