Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Did the price of the Builder Kit go up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2021, 04:41 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Did the price of the Builder Kit go up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
I wasn't even intending on building an SCX10ii, but I don't care for the SCX10iii so I snagged a kit off of eBay at the old price.
Sweet nice find I haven't seen many recently but Ebay is my go too for pretty much all mine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
SCX10 JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2021, 08:38 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Really though, the price increase of the SBK just makes the SSD Trail King that much of a better deal.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 02:28 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
Yes, it did go up $40, with no upgrades. The price doesn't really make it worth it to get anymore IMHO. I just got my 10ii a few months ago, and the quality of it could definitely be better. All four shocks have leaked at least a quarter of the oil it holds (performs decently though), the plastics used are very brittle and soft (especially the rod ends of the links and pivot balls; screws are very hard to screw in on the transmission casing), and the helical gears (in the axles) bind pretty bad to the point the motor pulses under quarter throttle. I will say, that Axial did do a good job of designing its layout, as it crawls very well, has a very low CG, the droop in the shock setting is pretty good, and the kit didn't have any serious issues being put together, but seriously, it's a fairly old platform, so making some adjustments to refine it would definitely help (especially with the helical gears).

Element's new Enduro Builder's Kit 2 is just $10 more (original kit same price) and has much better shocks, higher quality suspension links (with metal instead of plastic pivot balls on the 10ii; bent for higher clearance compared to the straight ones on the 10ii), tuneable overdrive (10ii only has 3 gear fixed), stronger and stiffer plastics, and overall a smoother drivetrain. Of course, the 10ii has more aftermarket parts, but the Element also has decent aftermarket support and requires way fewer upgrades.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/element...qctqkqycqrqctz

Just my opinion, though.
If helical gears bind you might need some shims. Most often between pinion outer bearing and driveshaft. I am surprised how smooth shimmed Wraith 1.9 axles feel. My personal best 1st gen SCX 10 shimmed axle does not come close.

I have seen people complaining about the Enduro front axle design, so anyone interested might look into that. There is also the HPI Venture kit for example. Might get some crazy overdrive from transfer case flip or something.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
Thanks to Creepy joe and all who voted for him. BIDENFLATION��
lock them up, you're 100% correct
felixperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
Really though, the price increase of the SBK just makes the SSD Trail King that much of a better deal.
It always has been, I want to get one and do a K10 build. Shipping to Hawaii is really high though.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 10:07 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Welcome to the Joe Biden economy. Now it's hitting where it hurts, RC !!!
Let's Go Brandon!
greedyg76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did the price of the Builder Kit go up? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Went with a 10.2 builder KIT for my first 1/10. Help with plans? 93civEJ1 General Crawlers 18 03-26-2021 09:16 AM
Wraith Spawn Builder Kit? UTVUGRUSTY Newbie General 10 05-31-2016 06:53 PM
wraith rtr/builder kit , ax10 ridgecrest or scx10 kit hocho/dingo xC Pirates Newbie General 9 06-09-2012 06:54 AM