Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: 2mtech's SCX10.3 JoLene

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 2mtech's SCX10.3 JoLene

Great thread and great build!

Haven't picked one up..............yet. I will, I just know it.
RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2020, 08:26 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTom View Post
Wow--that color really pops! I think I might've found the color for my 10.3 lol...

Seriously, nice job on your build. Can't wait to get mine started.
Thanks! Whenever I do a dark color I like to use metallic and then back with silver...looks glorious in the sun, can't get it captured on a cell phone camera though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBrutus View Post
Great thread and great build!

Haven't picked one up..............yet. I will, I just know it.
Thank you kindly! I just know you will too.

Last edited by 2mtech; 04-13-2020 at 08:28 PM.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:36 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
He is, in fact, an asshole. Only an asshole wannabe cowboy would wear a sweater! Not even one from up country Ontario . If he had feet, and was wearing boots, the inside ONLY of his jeans legs would be tucked into the boot tops. Therefore, an asshole for sure.

And truth be told, we don't really know whether he possesses an anal orifice or not...I know I didn't look!

So onward...I'm shamelessly reposting this here because it needs publicity:

I've never posted window mask pics before I don't think, because who cares, but applying them this way made it so damn easy to get them all perfectly placed it was ridiculous. I've always fought them in the past and never been happy with the result, so I was not looking forward to an 8-window nightmare body. Easy peasy though, this way. The fact that the maskes were perfectly fitted didn't hurt.

I did feel like a five year-old watching Captain Kangaroo and cutting out construction paper while I cut the masks out (go ahead and Google Captain Kangaroo, I'll wait).

Now for a brief bitch point, ok two, again referring to pics...what kind of a sadistic assclown would choose to:

1. Print the alphanumeric location designators rightside up on one side and upside down on the other??
2. Add a directional reference arrow to one mask on each side, but not include which direction they're intended to indicate??

Fortunately, since I only had 1/4 of the mask peeled from the backing and stuck on when I realized this little anomaly on the first opposite side window it was a simple thing to unstick it and flip it. Maybe there's a perfectly good reason for it an engineer would get...we engineering techs don't. And I know, once again I'm the only one who found either of these two points irritating...I'll take it.
I'm going back because I somehow missed this post.

fair enough...he's an asshole! He's your driver so I can't argue. But don't be surprised if your mistreatment of him has him one day driving the Jeep off of a cliff.

I'm flattered that I could help you with the masks! Despite my reputation of being an asshole, I really do like to help people.

I was also baffled that the text was printed upside down on the masks. Why not print it the same way as the arrow?

Oh and I watched some Captain Kangaroo growing up. He wasn't my favorite, but I did watch him. But...why is he on your TV now? I didn't know he was still on TV.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:48 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

fair enough...he's an asshole! He's your driver so I can't argue. But don't be surprised if your mistreatment of him has him one day driving the Jeep off of a cliff.
He doesn't follow this forum, and he can't hear me...his ears are full of paint, so I think I'm good

Quote:
Oh and I watched some Captain Kangaroo growing up. He wasn't my favorite, but I did watch him. But...why is he on your TV now? I didn't know he was still on TV.
He wasn't, and he's not. I was merely stating that was where my wandering mind went while I was cutting out masks and had a flashback. It's all in the syntax...

"What's that in the road, a head?"

"No, it's 'What's that in the road ahead?'"
Old 04-14-2020, 08:07 AM   #45

Quote:
AMC...woo hoo!

So moving right along, the next step up shouldn't come as a shock...

Every set of shocks I build gets a little easier, and these were no different...except that they were WAY easier. Really like the bleed screws, but to be honest these bled so easily I didn't even use the stand. I would now have paid twice as much for my Tekno shock tool. It was especially useful on my balls.

Collars were really tight...no chance of them moving unintentionally.

Then on to the infamous transmission. Dayum, that's a lot of parts...

I'll just say I'm glad this wasn't my first tranny build. mikemcE's tip of pre-threading the linkage struts was spot on...those were fun to install. No extra parts and final function was smooth and quiet for so many metal gears being intimate. I did glue my nuts after the captive one refused to remain captive while snapping the front cover in (guess that sounds bad).

This is as far as I went because I still haven't decided what electronics set to use. Guess I should be making that choice soon.......

Noticed a few more typos in the manual...that was not well proofed. I have to do that a few times a year so I may be more critical than most, but ya know, it's right or it's not.

We'll see what happens next!
Make sure you tighten that bolt on the end of the transmission. Had to pull mine apart because it wasn't moving.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 04-14-2020 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Please don't quote photos unnecessarily. It clutters threads.
johnrennainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:35 AM   #46

Quote:
He wasn't, and he's not. I was merely stating that was where my wandering mind went while I was cutting out masks and had a flashback. It's all in the syntax...

"What's that in the road, a head?"

"No, it's 'What's that in the road ahead?'"
Face-palm on my part! I took it literally.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:03 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrennainc View Post
Make sure you tighten that bolt on the end of the transmission. Had to pull mine apart because it wasn't moving.
To be sure. I'm not a fan of slipper clutches and hate to hear that annoying whir as the truck stops while trying to climb a rock feature. I learned throttle control instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Face-palm on my part! I took it literally.
Yeah, thanks for thinking I'd actually be watching a 50 year-old kid's show while working on a build!

I am still picking up ping pong balls, though..........

Last edited by 2mtech; 04-14-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:37 AM   #48
Slow is the new Fast

Yep, that is a sexy paint job. Axial looks to have knocked it out of the park on that body. Asshole cowboy is gonna be scoring hard with the chicks in that ride.

Look forward to hearing your experience with the DIG option. It is making my wallet hand fidgetty
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:03 AM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Yep, that is a sexy paint job.
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Asshole cowboy is gonna be scoring hard with the chicks in that ride.
Nah, he may pick a few up at first but it was pretty obvious while painting his jeans he has nothing to offer them...

Quote:
Look forward to hearing your experience with the DIG option. It is making my wallet hand fidgetty
'Fraid I can't help you there. I set this up for the 2 speed but left the DIG non-operational. From what I've read so far I don't seem to be missing much.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:11 AM   #50
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Thank you sir!

Nah, he may pick a few up at first but it was pretty obvious while painting his jeans he has nothing to offer them...

'Fraid I can't help you there. I set this up for the 2 speed but left the DIG non-operational. From what I've read so far I don't seem to be missing much.

hmmm, a big hat to make up for those small jeans

The Dig apparently doesn't switch under load

so basically is doesn't work properly when you need it most
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:22 AM   #51

Quote:
Yeah, thanks for thinking I'd actually be watching a 50 year-old kid's show while working on a build!

I am still picking up ping pong balls, though..........

Haha! I was thinking you had some cool kids into vintage shows.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:29 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

I looked thru the forums... happen to know if the diff covers are the same between the scx10.2 and 3? They "look" the same..but?
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:49 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
I looked thru the forums... happen to know if the diff covers are the same between the scx10.2 and 3? They "look" the same..but?
Strangely I never had a 10.2, but Axial is showing different part numbers for the 10.2 AR44 and 10.3 AR45, so if I had to judge I would say they're likely different.

Maybe somebody else could field that one?

Last edited by 2mtech; 04-29-2020 at 02:46 PM.

2mtech's SCX10.3 JoLene - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2mtech's La BOMba 2mtech G-Made Crawlers 31 11-20-2018 04:08 PM
2mtech's SCX10ish Power Wagon 2mtech 1.9 Scale Rigs 66 08-21-2018 08:31 PM
2mtech's TF2 LWB LC70 build 2mtech RC4WD Trail Finder 2 20 09-19-2017 09:40 PM
Axial SCX10 ll, SCX10, Gmade Sawback 4LS, Vaterra Ascender K5 From Malaysia. RCWin Videos! 2 12-01-2016 08:23 AM