Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Wait for SCX10 iii to be fixed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2020, 02:25 PM   #1

Default Wait for SCX10 iii to be fixed?

I've seen many posts or reviews, complaining about missing parts or bolts, and things that are too tight, and so.

Do you guys think that the Horizon Hobby will listen to feedbacks from customers and thus fix those problems in the incoming release?

Should I wait a while until they are fixed? or The Horizon Hobby is unlikely to fix problems, so customers are responsible for fixing the problems by themselves?
Veteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2020, 02:29 PM   #2

Default Re: Wait for SCX10 iii to be fixed?

Even if you wanted one, you're probably not going to be able to get an SCX10 III at MSRP anytime soon. They are sold out.

Horizon is a great company and they do listen to customer feedback. They also right their wrongs as quickly as possible.

What issues are you talking about? Missing hardware can and will happen at any stage in a product's release. Other than that and minor trimming of the servo mount there are no roadblocks to the build.

Should you wait? That's your call.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:57 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I wouldn't wait to order one. Go ahead and put your name on the list. The assembly of my kit went pretty smooth. If you run into any problems, just get a hold of Horizon's tech support. They'll take care of you.
FordSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:04 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Second shipment should be delivered to retailers within two weeks, according to the Amain website.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:12 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Every manufacturer has had an item go out with missing parts. Does it suck? Yes. Is it understandable? To some yes to others no. Bottom line whatever brand you go with this can happen.

Manufacturing defects like the transmission housing piece that was posted on this site also happens with any manufacturer. Same thing here as what I said above for missing parts. In this case if you go with an SCX10 III and there is a manufacturing defect, I can say you will be taken care of by HH.

I just built this truck and yes some things can be a tight fit. I experienced this and at times it tested my patience but I would rather a tight fit (as long as not so tight that it causes stress fracture) than a loose fit.

There are better plastics being used and some of them (shock towers) are a hard plastic that is difficult to drive a screw through. As Rich stated a 3mm tap will make the task MUCH easier. I started without one and yes I could complete it but decided to heed the advice given. Got a 3mm tap and my hands thanked me. I also used it for parts that it was not really needed for. I would just use the tap and go about 2mm deep. This helped to find the hole easier and get the screw started easier, it would go straight in with little effort.
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Even if you wanted one, you're probably not going to be able to get an SCX10 III at MSRP anytime soon. They are sold out.

Horizon is a great company and they do listen to customer feedback. They also right their wrongs as quickly as possible.

What issues are you talking about? Missing hardware can and will happen at any stage in a product's release. Other than that and minor trimming of the servo mount there are no roadblocks to the build.

Should you wait? That's your call.
Thanks a lot for putting very positive advices. Yes, you're right! No roadblocks to the build!
Old 04-02-2020, 03:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordSpeed View Post
I wouldn't wait to order one. Go ahead and put your name on the list. The assembly of my kit went pretty smooth. If you run into any problems, just get a hold of Horizon's tech support. They'll take care of you.
Good to hear you've got no problem in assembly. I will find stores where it's still in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Second shipment should be delivered to retailers within two weeks, according to the Amain website.
Yeah! Most shops told me that they will receive the new release at the end of April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post
Every manufacturer has had an item go out with missing parts. Does it suck? Yes. Is it understandable? To some yes to others no. Bottom line whatever brand you go with this can happen.

Manufacturing defects like the transmission housing piece that was posted on this site also happens with any manufacturer. Same thing here as what I said above for missing parts. In this case if you go with an SCX10 III and there is a manufacturing defect, I can say you will be taken care of by HH.

I just built this truck and yes some things can be a tight fit. I experienced this and at times it tested my patience but I would rather a tight fit (as long as not so tight that it causes stress fracture) than a loose fit.

There are better plastics being used and some of them (shock towers) are a hard plastic that is difficult to drive a screw through. As Rich stated a 3mm tap will make the task MUCH easier. I started without one and yes I could complete it but decided to heed the advice given. Got a 3mm tap and my hands thanked me. I also used it for parts that it was not really needed for. I would just use the tap and go about 2mm deep. This helped to find the hole easier and get the screw started easier, it would go straight in with little effort.
Wow! So convincing me! Feel like I want to order SCX10 iii ASAP.

Yap. Those defects and flaws are the things that I meant. I am expecting the HH to fix them ASAP.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
Thanks a lot for putting very positive advices. Yes, you're right! No roadblocks to the build!
No problem. Remember, most people come on the internet to complain about products. Few come on just to praise what a company did right.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:59 PM   #9

Quote:
No problem. Remember, most people come on the internet to complain about products. Few come on just to praise what a company did right.
Yeah you're right. More chance to see bad things, but less chance to see good things. That's the internet society.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:05 PM   #10

I’ve been building kits since the early 80’s and found this new truck to be far better than most and definitely on the higher end of difficulty. And then to see Rich Trujillo post early about manual errors is in my eyes absolutely awesome! Horizon Hobby has helped me every time I’ve asked. So when I read complaints it seems to always end up they are in over their heads or trying to get stuff for free or are fans of a different brand. Skip past these wake-up-mad goofballs and just order one.
Jimbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:18 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yes....

A person that has a bad experience (sometimes their own fault) will tell 20 people about it and those 20 people will repeat it to another 10 or so.

A person that has a good experience may tell 1 or 2 people about it.

This is why when I am researching a product and looking at customer reviews I need a lot of them. I can weed out the people that are just bitching, the people that clearly just fan boys, and the people that have not had the item long but give a great review. I have to wade through all the BS and combine what I see as a good constructive review.

I love it when I see somebody that did no research or did not read any instructions / warnings only to break what they bought and blame the company as if it is the companies fault...... What a world we live in!
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:38 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

For my experience, like with the 10.2, I got my hands on one of their first releases and discovered that the materials where better then on the later kits for some reason, don't know why. So I am grabing the 10.3 from begining, just to make sure. Probably might be wrong, but this is the way I felt
Traulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbag View Post
I’ve been building kits since the early 80’s and found this new truck to be far better than most and definitely on the higher end of difficulty. And then to see Rich Trujillo post early about manual errors is in my eyes absolutely awesome! Horizon Hobby has helped me every time I’ve asked. So when I read complaints it seems to always end up they are in over their heads or trying to get stuff for free or are fans of a different brand. Skip past these wake-up-mad goofballs and just order one.
Wow since the early 80's! You must be aware of the whole history of RC car kits.

You're right. I've also felt that the HH tech support team is so reliable and does very good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post
Yes....

A person that has a bad experience (sometimes their own fault) will tell 20 people about it and those 20 people will repeat it to another 10 or so.

A person that has a good experience may tell 1 or 2 people about it.

This is why when I am researching a product and looking at customer reviews I need a lot of them. I can weed out the people that are just bitching, the people that clearly just fan boys, and the people that have not had the item long but give a great review. I have to wade through all the BS and combine what I see as a good constructive review.

I love it when I see somebody that did no research or did not read any instructions / warnings only to break what they bought and blame the company as if it is the companies fault...... What a world we live in!
That's the reality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traulus View Post
For my experience, like with the 10.2, I got my hands on one of their first releases and discovered that the materials where better then on the later kits for some reason, don't know why. So I am grabing the 10.3 from begining, just to make sure. Probably might be wrong, but this is the way I felt
Really? That's interesting!
Old 04-03-2020, 03:15 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traulus View Post
I'm with you on this.

I got one of the first scx10.2's when it was released, and I felt it was 100% ok. I got another some months back and then I realized why people complain about the plastics in the kit so much.

I sold the first one pretty soon back then so no way I could compare side by side, whole thing could be just my imagination too..
Ambis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:48 AM   #15

I am now in a stage of completion at about 90%.

Up to now i found a lot of typos and unclear descriptions in the manual.

But not one part was missing, all parts are manufactured pretty good and accurate to size.
I love this kit.
No reason to wait unless you need a 100% manual ...
rbspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis View Post
I'm with you on this.

I got one of the first scx10.2's when it was released, and I felt it was 100% ok. I got another some months back and then I realized why people complain about the plastics in the kit so much.

I sold the first one pretty soon back then so no way I could compare side by side, whole thing could be just my imagination too..
Really? That's so interesting! I'm now ordering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbspeed View Post
I am now in a stage of completion at about 90%.

Up to now i found a lot of typos and unclear descriptions in the manual.

But not one part was missing, all parts are manufactured pretty good and accurate to size.
I love this kit.
No reason to wait unless you need a 100% manual ...
I can't wait for ordering.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbag View Post
And then to see Rich Trujillo post early about manual errors is in my eyes absolutely awesome! Horizon Hobby has helped me every time I’ve asked.
I think these two points can't be reiterated enough!

Which other brands are on here to offer support for their vehicle kits? Horizon, SSD and Vanquish are the only ones I can think of.

The customer service at Horizon is second to none.

Quote:
Really? That's so interesting! I'm now ordering!

I can't wait for ordering.
Awesome! Post up a build thread when you get it!
Old 04-06-2020, 03:08 AM   #18

Quote:
I think these two points can't be reiterated enough!

Which other brands are on here to offer support for their vehicle kits? Horizon, SSD and Vanquish are the only ones I can think of.

The customer service at Horizon is second to none.

Awesome! Post up a build thread when you get it!
Great to hear that HH does a very good job in technical support for customers. I really like that aspect!
Old 04-06-2020, 03:18 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Great to hear that HH does a very good job in technical support for customers. I really like that aspect!
I can attest to their technical and warranty responsiveness.

While I wasn't pleased to have an issue with a new SCX24 that I bought from a local hobby shop, Horizon only took 4 hours to reply to my email and they are resolving the issue with no questions asked. Pretty stand up if you as me
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:49 PM   #20

Quote:
I've seen many posts or reviews, complaining about missing parts or bolts, and things that are too tight, and so.

Do you guys think that the Horizon Hobby will listen to feedbacks from customers and thus fix those problems in the incoming release?

Should I wait a while until they are fixed? or The Horizon Hobby is unlikely to fix problems, so customers are responsible for fixing the problems by themselves?
At this point, I am almost ashamed to say that I did not buy my SCX 10.3 from Horizon. I had a couple of small issues during my build and I was literally astonished at how responsive they were in assisting me. I will certainly be directing much more of my business toward them going forward. Great outfit.
Richr8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wait for SCX10 iii to be fixed? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 III coming soon? svt923 Axial SCX10 III 434 06-04-2021 11:24 PM
Jato the SCX10 Take III JatoTheRipper Axial SCX10 III 125 05-05-2020 01:10 PM
SCX10 iii or Wendigo AK KRAWLER General Crawlers 11 03-22-2020 09:23 PM