Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Starting my Build - Electronics Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2020, 03:24 PM   #1

Default Starting my Build - Electronics Advice

I just picked up a Jeep JL kit. Not really sure on electronics. I have a TRX6 with several Traxxas 3s 5ah batteries. If I get a Traxxas speed controller, can I run those batteries? What would be a good electronics combo? I’m not brand loyal and I just want a setup that is sure to work in this build. TIA
GaryJavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2020, 06:05 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Starting my Build - Electronics Advice

You can run any speed controller with the Traxxas batteries you already have. You would need to do one of the following things:

1. Solder on the Traxxas battery connector to the new ESC you buy (if not traxxas)

2. Solder on whatever connector you like to your existing Traxxas batteries and use the same for all of your ESCs so they all match.

3. If you get an ESC with a different battery connector you can find an adapter to plug between the traxxas battery and the other battery connector type

4. Buy a Traxxas ESC and you will not need any adapters or soldering

Traxxasa ESCs are not the best. They will work fine however if you like them.

Next up is if you want to go with Brushless power or Brushed power?

If sticking with Brushed cost savings option would be Hobbywing 1080 ESC with a Holmes Hobbies motor. Motor choice will depend on what type of crawling you want to do as well as trailing etc.

Better option would be Mamba X ESC with either Holmes Hobbies brushed motor or Holmes Hobbies brushless Puller Pro. Mamba X can run Brushless or Brushed ESCs.

Other brushless options or the Castle Slate motors or Tekin Roc motors.

Another Brushless option would be the Hobbywing AXE setup with a 2700Kv setup or even 3300Kv depending on what you are looking for.

You really need to let us know if you plan on going brushed or brushless as well as what your driving style / terrain is like. What are you expecting in terms of speed? Do you want really slow crawler or ability to crawl and trail or more of a trail truck with higher speeds and less technical crawling? All of that will make a difference in the specific recommendations.
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote

Starting my Build - Electronics Advice - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting to do a leaf conversion on Gelande II for Cruiser but need advice. Help ZippoMan 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 11-07-2020 08:41 AM
Seeking advice re: starting out with 11y.o. + Dad MasonJar Newbie General 9 08-28-2012 09:29 PM
Best starting point (advice please) todd1803 Newbie General 10 03-30-2006 06:28 AM
Starting a TLT-1 project.. advice? Zombie76 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 60 09-14-2005 10:29 PM