Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

View Poll Results: Should axial Release this now
YES 591 60.12%
NO 35 3.56%
Thrash the sh!t out of it and get the bugs are ironed out, so it does turn out like the xr-10 357 36.32%
Voters: 983. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: New Axial - Wraith

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 12:56 AM   #181
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiZZa View Post
Looks like he drove over the front tyre not the whole rig.
He did, ripping the shock apart. In Shannon's defense, he did offer to pay for the shock later.

I had followed the event pretty closely on Pirate at the time (watching their coverage and reading the threads that followed), and until I went back and researched this today, had missed Dave Cole's statement about him allowing Shannon to continue after being DQ'd for being towed back to the pits.

I remember watching that, and thinking that it was a real shame as I liked watching Shannon race at the time.

At the time, I was really disappointed that after being DQ'd why he felt the need to run over any part of another competitor's vehicle. I didn't realize that there was any communication to continue. All of the coverage at the time made it seem that he was doing that on his own.

The events are still a bit foggy, but from somebody who was watching and relying on others to accurately cover the event, Shannon's activity seemed at the time to show extremely poor sportsmanship.

I guess I was wrong in that I didn't know until today that the event staff told Shannon to continue, and as a competitor, he was going to go at it as hard as he could.

Regardless, this whole thing goes back to a statement that Axial should have modeled their buggy after Shannon's rig and not King Bling's Axial buggy, and I simply don't agree with that.

Regardless of all that, back to the subject at hand, like him or not, King Bling's rig has close ties with Axial, and is more representative of what a wider group of consumers would be looking for. Not to mention that an ifs buggy would not be a great move to try to recreate as an extension of the SCX-10 platform.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #182
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
Hahaha! Now, you wanna talk about a douchebag... Shannon Campbell proved his true colors in the 2009 King of Hammers. He was already disqualified from the event when he repeatedly rammed and then crawled over Will Carter's buggy, taking him out of the event.
I heard shannon gave them 2 new air shocks, paid for their entry into the race the following year and gave them $700 cash for any other repairs... i dont think shannon did anything one of the others wouldnt do in his postion?? not the first time someone drove over another crawler
Old 02-16-2011, 01:27 AM   #183
Tossin' Salad

Back on topic about this new crawler....I dont like that it is not very scale looking. If you compare the tires to the seats, it looks like a southern buggy riding on 49s or 54s. Stupid...IMO. I will be buying one of these...but swapping to 1.9s and changing the shocks over to 90-95mm to give it a much more scale appearance.

Casey

Last edited by KC_JoNeS; 02-16-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #184
RCC Addict

cant wait will take one for sure
Old 02-16-2011, 03:14 AM   #185
Rock Stacker

dont know if this has been mentioned yet, but who all would love to see a 2 speed in this thing?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:31 AM   #186
I wanna be Dave

i've been getting ready to drop money on an xr-10 but this thread has me reconsidering. i've always loved the tube chassis look. if it had some nice options like a 2-speed transmission or 2x4 / 4x4 it might seal the deal.

not sure i can wait until the summer though. got the money burning a hole in my pocket!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #187
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
First attempt was kind of weak, then it look's like he put his foot down and just walk's up that line! Killer!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #188
RCC Addict

Holy no tread left batman!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:58 AM   #189
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
Back on topic about this new crawler....I dont like that it is not very scale looking. If you compare the tires to the seats, it looks like a southern buggy riding on 49s or 54s. Stupid...IMO. I will be buying one of these...but swapping to 1.9s and changing the shocks over to 90-95mm to give it a much more scale appearance.

Casey
X2 my thoughts as well....
one would think that this rig would come with the pro-line swampers since that's what's on the 1:1 and axial already uses their tires in kits.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #190
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn'Nburn View Post
one would think that this rig would come with the pro-line swampers since that's what's on the 1:1 and axial already uses their tires in kits.
That would be cool, but axial just came out with that new tire.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #191
I wanna be Dave

Okay, I want it and I just started my SCX honcho project.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #192
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn'Nburn View Post

This isn't going to turn into one of those stupid threads that debates that 1.9 and 1.5 are the only scale sizes and that 2.2 isn't a real scale class is it?!? I thought we had all moved past that by now
Old 02-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #193
www.team3sixrc.com

Guys, maybe we can keep it on track. Bravo for Axial once again providing a new truck to their already killer line up.

You don't like it, build your own!
You don't like it because of who's truck it duplicates. Build your own!

As far as the tires go. Those are just newly released. It would be bad business to promote someone elses product in a new truck right after you release a killer tire.

I gotta believe Bender knows what he and the Axial crew is doing. They brought the honcho to the MSD's for the spec class last year. And it walked the walk & talked the talk.

Maybe all of you should seriously consider going to this years MSD's! Hopefully Axial will be sponsoring again and undoubtedly will bring this wicked truck if that is the plan. I couldn't imagine an MSD's without Axial or their killer trucks.

Last edited by team3six; 02-16-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #194
I wanna be Dave

Axials new ripsaw tires are the shit. Axial dosent need to use proline for every rig they come out with. The rig looks great with the new Axial meats on them. Imo, a scaler can have 2.2's, thats the only tires I like to run. Lets not debate, just look at a nice piece. Its going to be awsome. Maybe they are making it the provide for the TTC guys. I think its just so damn awsome.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #195
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Guys, maybe we can keep it on track. Bravo for Axial once again providing a new truck to their already killer line up.

You don't like it, build your own!
You don't like it because of who's truck it duplicates. Build your own!

As far as the tires go. Those are just newly released. It would be bad business to promote someone elses product in a new truck right after you release a killer tire.

I gotta believe Bender knows what he and the Axial crew is doing. They brought the honcho to the MSD's for the spec class last year. And it walked the walk & talked the talk.

Maybe all of you should seriously consider going to this years MSD's! Hopefully Axial will be sponsoring again and undoubtedly will bring this wicked truck if that is the plan. I couldn't imagine an MSD's without Axial or their killer trucks.
Exactly.

If the did release it with 1.9's, I can guarantee that there would be just as many, if not more people posting up asking why the small tires on a rig that so easily fits into the new scale rules Class 3. That's very simple to rectify. Just buy some other tires and wheels. I can pretty much guarantee that if a person were to post those tires and wheels up for sale on the classifieds, they wouldn't last long.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #196
RCC Addict

Pretty bad arse. Why does that one in the picture have no rear drive shaft?

Aside from the eye candy thats visibile, I'm hoping for new axles as well as trans. With all of the 2 SPEED summit trans swaps going into their scx10's, I can't help but hope they caught on to the joy that the 2 speed brings.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #197
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
Axials new ripsaw tires are the shit. Axial dosent need to use proline for every rig they come out with. The rig looks great with the new Axial meats on them. Imo, a scaler can have 2.2's, thats the only tires I like to run. Lets not debate, just look at a nice piece. Its going to be awsome. Maybe they are making it the provide for the TTC guys. I think its just so damn awsome.
I agree it looks more like a TTC than a KOH rig but you can use it for whatever you want. Everyone likes different things and if the rig had everything we wanted we probably couldn't afford it. Just buy it and change what you want and make it yours , thats what the after market is for. Axial makes their rigs to appeal to the masses not the individual
Old 02-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #198
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post

Casey
I agree with the smaller shocks, but hopefully there's enough clearance to keep 5.3"+ 2.2's with the lower ride height.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #199
I wanna be Dave

I have a dislike of King Bling like everyone else but, he has a nice buggy that carries Axial banners on it. If I can scrape the money together Ill prolly buy 1 of these for my wife when they come out. Just hopefully they dont try to reinvent the wheel.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #200
Uli
Quarry Creeper

Really handsome ride.
Finally a scaler I would even consider getting. It doesnŽt look too "DonŽt touch it or IŽll cry cause the damn mirror I worked on for six days will break of!"
Closed Thread

Tags
fn sweeeet

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/299196-new-axial-wraith.html
Posted By For Type Date
check this out....sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! This thread Refback 10-05-2011 08:09 PM