Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

View Poll Results: Should axial Release this now
YES 591 60.12%
NO 35 3.56%
Thrash the sh!t out of it and get the bugs are ironed out, so it does turn out like the xr-10 357 36.32%
Voters: 983. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: New Axial - Wraith

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #1401
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by klabeaume View Post
Here, I made a thread in the chit chat section about pre-orders. Most of us don't have the wraith yet and talking about when we get them is apparently forbidden.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...36#post3150236
It's not "forbidden" but this is a tech section, for tech related questions, builds and information. There's no tech when people are crying about not being able to get their toy car yet.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #1402

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
It's not "forbidden" but this is a tech section, for tech related questions, builds and information. There's no tech when people are crying about not being able to get their toy car yet.

Isn't the Poll of this Thread "Should Axial release this now?" Doesn't sound like a tech thread. It's about Getting their toy car and any info that goes with it. Not being allowed to post their info about receiving or not receiving is stupid when this thread was about that to begin with. Lock the Thread if it is no longer pertinent or give the members a break in this particular thread. Sure this is a Tech Forum, But this thread shouldn't be classified as a tech only thread when the whole point of it is we want the vehicle. This thread was started by people Crying that they wanted their toy car. Any other thread on this section of the forum I would agree with. Not this one. Close it or give the members a break.

Last edited by renegade360; 06-20-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #1403
20K Club

How about simply follow the rules. Don't need this whole section to turn into a worthless mass of garbage threads. No break, follow the rules.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #1404
Pebble Pounder

This is not Nam, this is RC Crawling. There are rules.

I've got a set of spare c-hubs and knuckles already as well as a BEC and 7955 servo. On the stock motor and ESC what else might be prone to breaking so I don't get a day into a weeks worth of holidays with an immobile truck?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #1405
20K Club

Spare motor may be good precaution just in case. Also a spare servo horn would be smart, I have stripped 2 now.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #1406
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Spare motor may be good precaution just in case. Also a spare servo horn would be smart, I have stripped 2 now.

I've got a couple spare aluminum ones that came with the hitec servo's. I picked up a spare T45 last week but it might be kinda slow for this one even with a 31tooth pinion. I think I might swap in my FXR from my AX10 and run it like that with 3S just to see how it goes.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #1407
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
I've got a couple spare aluminum ones that came with the hitec servo's. I picked up a spare T45 last week but it might be kinda slow for this one even with a 31tooth pinion. I think I might swap in my FXR from my AX10 and run it like that with 3S just to see how it goes.
That sounds like way too large of a pinion, not even sure it will fit without regearing the spur.

Any aluminum horn will help, my stick one did take a pretty good beating before it went. I am surprised the servo is still going so well.

I don't see a need to replace the ESC right away, the stocker is a good unit for a brushed motor.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #1408
RCC Addict

I was going to change out the tie rod to something stronger but I have seen both of my tires go two diff. directions.....more than once I don't know how, that didn't break something but it's holding up strong

Only thing i have changed so far are: reciever, radio, servo, C-hubs & I had my buddy Rhett change my ESC to full drag brake
I have ran 9 battery packs threw it so far and loving it

note: I made all these changes before use of the truck, not because it broke.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #1409
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by prusik333 View Post
I was going to change out the tie rod to something stronger but I have seen both of my tires go two diff. directions.....more than once I don't know how, that didn't break something but it's holding up strong
That is one reason that I wanted to change my tie rod though. That front link is just a little too flimsy. However while running stock knuckles it probably keeps lots of stuff from breaking.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #1410
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
with a 31tooth pinion.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #1411
Rock Stacker

So let's say you just preordered a Wraith, and let's also say you are 7500 miles from your favorite Hobby shop and it takes a minimum of 7 days to get any parts.

What spares would you keep on hand, and what upgrades would you do?

I'm using what is definitely a contender for the slowest internet in the world so I haven't been able to do a whole lot of research so you'll have to excuse the newbie questions. They are slightly tech related, right?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #1412
20K Club

A spare motor may be a good idea just in case, maybe a new servo horn, knuckles would also be good.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #1413
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
A spare motor may be a good idea just in case, maybe a new servo horn, knuckles would also be good.
I'd add either metal gear replacements for the transmission or spare plastic gears.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #1414
20K Club

Quote:
I'd add either metal gear replacements for the transmission or spare plastic gears.
Yup, good thinking. I blew them out on mine after going brushless. Before going brushless I didn't have any problems (I guess it was only one pack though ).
Old 06-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #1415
Rock Stacker

Harley, you ran the stock esc at 3s right? How long did it hold on for? That's not that cheap of an esc...
Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #1416
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCram View Post
Harley, you ran the stock esc at 3s right? How long did it hold on for? That's not that cheap of an esc...
My ESC never failed. It's a solid ESC, I wouldn't worry about replacing it. For an RTR I was very pleased with the electronics. It is a huge improvement over the RTR's I have owned from Axial in the past.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #1417
Quarry Creeper

My Wraith is in at the LHS, now I need to figure out how to come up with the rest of the money to pick it up....
Old 06-22-2011, 01:50 AM   #1418
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade360 View Post
Isn't the Poll of this Thread "Should Axial release this now?" Doesn't sound like a tech thread. It's about Getting their toy car and any info that goes with it. Not being allowed to post their info about receiving or not receiving is stupid when this thread was about that to begin with. Lock the Thread if it is no longer pertinent or give the members a break in this particular thread. Sure this is a Tech Forum, But this thread shouldn't be classified as a tech only thread when the whole point of it is we want the vehicle. This thread was started by people Crying that they wanted their toy car. Any other thread on this section of the forum I would agree with. Not this one. Close it or give the members a break.
I agree with Renegade. Just because a few lucky people got the first few advanced Wraiths shouldn't make them gods.
For pages this thread rambled on, but now they have arrived the reigns have been tightened???
Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #1419
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyBS View Post
... but now they have arrived the reigns have been tightened???
Yes, we don't need the section to turn to shit. Just follow the freaking rules.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #1420
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I've got a good variety of motors already, but I'll likely order a spare stock one... the price is right, anyway.

Quote:
Who's a good source for metal gears? I don't see anything on A-main, it's the same gears as the AX-10, and SCX-10 right? I'm assuming the idler and output will go before the main, or will I need a spare for that as well.

I'm a little limited on who I can buy from... they have to ship to an APO or I have to deal with the hassle of shipping to the wife and having her re-ship it to me.

Thanks for all the suggestions, and I apologize for all the questions. Been in and out of RC for over 20 years now but this will be my first Crawler.
Closed Thread

Tags
fn sweeeet

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/299196-new-axial-wraith.html
Posted By For Type Date
check this out....sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! This thread Refback 10-05-2011 08:09 PM