Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Super 300 interest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #61
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by booher26 View Post
any eta or updates from SDS? John whats the word on these??? money is burning a hole in my pocket and i dont want to waste it on RC3wd shafts and will these come with lockers?
John is at Nationals right now. I wouldn't expect any word from him for a week or more.

I did get text from him with a sneak little picture the other day though
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid View Post
I don't have a set near me to look at, so, would the lack of shoulder be the result of trying to get more steering angle? Does the cvd cup interfere at sharp angles?
Shouldn't be an issue. John has said with the AX10 version, it could be done, but since it was easy enough to fix with a little loctite, no point going back to the drawing board.

Since these ones are still in the prototype stage, figured it wouldn't hurt to get that added to the list
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
John is at Nationals right now. I wouldn't expect any word from him for a week or more.

I did get text from him with a sneak little picture the other day though

i should have realised he was tehre i have been watching allday... care to share a pic ;)

why arent you there
booher26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #64
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by booher26 View Post
i should have realised he was tehre i have been watching allday... care to share a pic ;)

why arent you there
I'm sure we'll get pictures soon

I couldn't make it this year, too many project deadlines this year.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Please count me in when they become available.
Thanks
MostlyBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Depending on price I'd like a set
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #67
RCC Addict

I'm betting they will be 150-160 just like the ax-10 ones were and will include a locker.
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Gone through stock, and rc4wd xvd axle. Even at one point had one of each. Not spending another dime until 300's arrive. Any Word?
buzzbuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #69
RCC Addict

wow....this is like watching grass grow..i really need these...maybe this will be my christmas present to myself..lol..
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:22 AM   #70
www.team3sixrc.com

Ya know, if your egging him on or thinking that little stabs will make the process faster. I assure ya it wont.

Here is the dealeo. As with any company that has things machined. You are at the mercy of the machinist. The only way to keep cost down is to wait.

I am one of the hundreds waiting too. But I know in the end I wont have to ever get another set. So though understandable that other stuff isn't holding up. Its just the nature of the game.

I talked to sds and he said he was going to check on them.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #71
RCC Addict

Understandable o course. Hopefully these don't take as long as the XR 300's. Although I have a feeling the XR axles are strong and turn far enough stock that it's not cost effective to make for the XR. Just my hunch. I hope these come out first cause the stock axles in these are brutal! Lol. Keep up the good work boys... We'll be waiting patiently to pounce on them when they come out.
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

I'm interested in a set. I wish I could get a set for my SCX10 as well.
kranswall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Ya know, if your egging him on or thinking that little stabs will make the process faster. I assure ya it wont.

Here is the dealeo. As with any company that has things machined. You are at the mercy of the machinist. The only way to keep cost down is to wait.

I am one of the hundreds waiting too. But I know in the end I wont have to ever get another set. So though understandable that other stuff isn't holding up. Its just the nature of the game.

Thanks for the dealeo!

Was not aware that's how a machine shop works.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #74
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post

Its not about taking stabs or agging anyone on.. A simple response from the guy selling these things would be great instead of someone saying I talked to him and it's in progress or whatever.. I don't think I'm gonna hurry things alone.. In fact I know I won't .. I would just like a simple response as I believe several people on here would..I know how a machine shop works and I agree that your in the mercy of a machinist hands..that is all that would have to be said by sds.. I'm waiting on the machine shop and don't really have a eta.. That would satisfy many people instead of a smart comment from you.. I like the products you make but dang it seems you always have something smart to say...

J-bird
Old 09-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #75
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
Its not about taking stabs or agging anyone on.. A simple response from the guy selling these things would be great instead of someone saying I talked to him and it's in progress or whatever.. I don't think I'm gonna hurry things alone.. In fact I know I won't .. I would just like a simple response as I believe several people on here would..I know how a machine shop works and I agree that your in the mercy of a machinist hands..that is all that would have to be said by sds.. I'm waiting on the machine shop and don't really have a eta.. That would satisfy many people instead of a smart comment from you.. I like the products you make but dang it seems you always have something smart to say...

J-bird
My apologies, I wasn't trying to imply anything except for Super Dave is a good friend of mine who I talk to regularly and I know he has a lot on his plate with his real job, being involved with competitions and trying to develop and test many new products he has in the works.

I should not speak for Dave and I'm sorry for budding in.

I just don't want those of you who are interested to loose faith in these if your not familiar with the super 300 products, and think that Dave is side lining and doesn't care. He goes to great lengths to provide products that work and last rather than a so so product that don't.

Again my apologies for coming off that way. I'll see if I can get Dave to chime in and let you all know what's up.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #76
RCC Addict

My bad norm I guess I took it the wrong way.. I totally get what your saying in the pm and I completely understand.. I wasn't trying to be rude or disrespectful.. I was being serious I'm hoping they are out by Christmas not meant in a smartass way I do see what you mean about a full plate and being at the mercy of someone else.. And if I won a lottery I would buy a machine shop first I'd have to pay someone to run it but it would be strictly rc parts.. I apologize norm you're only a smartass some of the time...

J-bird
Old 09-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #77
XDR
Pebble Pounder

I'm in.
XDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

In as well
4ONDFLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:26 PM   #79

Put me down for a set
AaronJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

no offense intended but i wonder which will be out first, the 300s or the new kit axle sets
lagz2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote