Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: j-bird's..wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 01:15 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Question help me decide

i bought a new rc4wd 9300 winch and i got a brand new hitec 5645..
so should i run the servo winch ..or do you think the red winch on the front bumper would look better..may not perform as good or be as fast but it really looks good..give me some input guys..harley would you give me a shot of pro's and cons from the 2 and give me your opinion..the wraith boss (harley) thats one thing you didnt go over in your wraith thread..lol
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 01:54 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

nice build man you took a different direction in your rigs nice I like it !!
k20man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:28 AM   #23

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this. Props for taking the plunge and cutting her up. Do it to it
El Rushbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:22 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Sweet build... cant wait to see more progress.
PUREVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:59 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Lookin very good man, lovin it so far!!!
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by k20man View Post
nice build man you took a different direction in your rigs nice I like it !!
thanks man, i try to be a little different from the whole band wagon..reason i chose the ramcharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rushbo View Post
Looking forward to seeing where you go with this. Props for taking the plunge and cutting her up. Do it to it
it wasnt easy i pondered over the desicion for several days..and then thought go for it, you can always build the whole thing outta tubing
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREVIL View Post
Sweet build... cant wait to see more progress.
thanks man..im not a quick builder but it'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
Lookin very good man, lovin it so far!!!
Matt
thank ya sprint..its coming along..i just wish the main chassis rails was metal instead of plastic its had to add on to this,with out turning down tubing to fit into the plastic openings..i'll have done enough to run sunday
Old 08-31-2011, 02:07 PM   #27
RCC Addict

santa came early ....i ordered some stuff from rpp monday morning and wed(today) early this morn the mail lady dropped off the package..man thats quick shipping..other companies need to take notes from cory..the shipping is a little high but when youget your stuff in 2 1/2days its well worth it...thanks RPP

im gonna give this strc stuff a shot and if it dont hold up i'll be sure to post it and never buy anything from them again...but it looks and feels solid and looks to be quality aluminum
Old 08-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Yes please do tell how the STRC stuff works out, I'm interested in a couple of parts from them.
And yes RPP do have expensive shipping, it's about $30 in shipping when ordering a bag of screws or such from them (to Sweden) and about $2 from Amainhobbies.com for the same stuff.

Looking good btw!!
Stuntman Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman Jim View Post
Yes please do tell how the STRC stuff works out, I'm interested in a couple of parts from them.
And yes RPP do have expensive shipping, it's about $30 in shipping when ordering a bag of screws or such from them (to Sweden) and about $2 from Amainhobbies.com for the same stuff.

Looking good btw!!
yeah its kinda high, but i look at it like im not only paying for shipping im also paying for excellent customer service and knowing i'll have my parts in a few days...those 2 things are hard to get these days..thanks for the compliment..by looks and feel i htink the strc items i just got a worthy, but time will tell
Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Wink a bit of a update

well i got a little bit of work done last night..i got all my aluminum parts installed chubs,knuckles,lockouts steering links..i also started on making the interior 3d such as panels gauges and stuff like that..not really pic worthy yet..i did chop the top off the ram and made one outts styrene and covered it with vinyl used for jeep tops..i added ridges under the vinyl to give it a better 1:1 look..tell me what y'all think

i'll get a bit more done in the morning when i get off work and will post up some more pics..thanks guys and any tips or tricks feel free to share them
Old 09-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Can you get some pics of the lockouts? would be nice to see the fitment.
Thanks
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbing View Post
Can you get some pics of the lockouts? would be nice to see the fitment.
Thanks
thanks for the compliment
i dont have any pics of the lockouts at this moment..i'll see what i can do
Old 09-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

j-bird that thing is looking really nice! I cant wait to see what its going to look like finished! keep it up man!! great build so far!
inkpen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Really making the wraith solid j-bird good job.
Stavin Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

That is a sweet looking build so far. Did you use shoe goo to re-attach the fenders once it has been bobbed? Did you use anything to re-inforce the joint.
crawlski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkpen00 View Post
j-bird that thing is looking really nice! I cant wait to see what its going to look like finished! keep it up man!! great build so far!
thanks man i'm taking my time with this body..im icing and block sanding when its done i want it to look like a 1:1 paint job..so i can go beat the snot outta it...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavin Trucks View Post
Really making the wraith solid j-bird good job.
its not moving real fast but im trying..got several pics to update with just having had time to download em...thanks for the stavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlski View Post
That is a sweet looking build so far. Did you use shoe goo to re-attach the fenders once it has been bobbed? Did you use anything to re-inforce the joint.
i use styrene on the inside with a couple doses of bondene then top it off with e6000 from walmart..i havent had a seam break on any past builds using this method..time consuming but stout..thanks for the comp man

i'll add some pics tomorrow
Old 09-09-2011, 02:08 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

How is the Hot Racing gears holding up? Thinking of ordering a set while my transmission is out. build is looking good!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbing View Post
How is the Hot Racing gears holding up? Thinking of ordering a set while my transmission is out. build is looking good!
thanks and i have the hr gears in both my rigs and in my eb ive beat the piss outta it and have ran it hard as can be ran and they have held up great..very good product for the price especially..id say buy them theyre worth it
Old 09-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #39
RCC Addict

got my rogue fuel cell lids in today..finally..lol and man they are top notch i can wait to get my fuel cell done to get htem mounted up in my wraith and eb..hes what they look like..and theyre aluminum....thanks alot chris...aka rogue elements..

oh and my james french albert heads..i gotta wait on the painting guide to get here b4 i try to tackle painting this highly detailed thing..best out right I.M.O
Old 09-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
thanks and i have the hr gears in both my rigs and in my eb ive beat the piss outta it and have ran it hard as can be ran and they have held up great..very good product for the price especially..id say buy them theyre worth it
I'll be ordering a set, Thanks